Baiardo, issues and solutions?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by BadminFinn, Oct 21, 2019.

1. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

Hi. I have been stringing few weeks now with my new Baiardo and i'm loving the ergonomics, i am able to string without back pain again! Beautiful machine.
    It comes with solid side supports for badminton now, no more those sleeves,but two problems still remains when stringing badminton, while the main posts are solid, the gap between upper and lower side supports are bit too long and and often covers those shared grommets, this is not a big issue but maybe this can be solved by adding an extra piece between plastic support and metal arm, to extend the total lenght of arm, 1 cm on each arm perhaps? Or maybe half an inch only to the other end depending are you doing top down or bottom up.. Has anyone done that?

Bigger issue i have is weaving crosses with those 4-teeth clamps, IMO proper clamping is no:1 thing to get even tension on stringbed, with these clamps you cant maintain same distance to the frame and you have to force it between mains causing massive interfearence. I know there are stringers happy with these clamps, but with a machine in this prize i dont want to compromize nothing to get that perfect bing from stringbed.

Reason i'm bringing this up is that Wilson has released a new machine: Baiardo Lite, or Baiardo L, manual stand, adjustable mount posts and more affordable, and this machine has 5-teeth clamp, targeting to be more suitable for badminton. I have seen a review of this new machine and it says "the new clamps are interchangeable with the original BAIARDO but the glide rails are not" I just dont know does this mean that new clamp fits to old clamp base, wich would be great because that new model doesn't come with those excellent anti-gravity release clamp bases, or does it mean you can put that new model clamp base to old baiardo?
    Does anybody know are these new clamps available to buy and does it fit old baiardo clamp base?
    My local Wilson dealer wasn't able to get info on that..

Also, what happened that baiardo.info. web site??

#1 BadminFinn, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. Herb

Herb New Member

The clamps on the new Baiardo Lite will fit on the bases of the original machine. The rails of the new machine have a narrower slot and the old bases are too wide to slide through. The new bases clamps will fit the old model.

kwun, s_mair and BadminFinn like this.
  3. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

Thanks Herb, great to hear they fit. Now i just need to get couple of those in my hands, hopefully they are available soon. Great work on those videos too, i have been watching all your videos since i got my baiardo, good stuff!
    It would be nice to see you make a video stringing badminton racket using new clamps with original baiardo, just to see how the lighter clamps handle that quite stiff release mechanism of original base.
    Have you noticed is the adjusting discs of the new clamps ratched, to maintain adjustment?

4. Herb

Herb New Member

Doubt I will ever do a badminton video as there is no badminton in my area.

I have tried the new clamps on the older machine and they released the bases just fine. They are lighter, but still have plenty of weight to release the clamp as long as everything is adjusted correctly.

The adjustment knob is not ratcheted, but it is tighter and stays adjusted better. The surface of the clamps is rougher than the originals, and do not have to be adjusted as tight to hold.

5. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

Thanks a lot! By the way, great tip on the other thread from you, to do coaches rackets for free.
    One more thing i forgot to ask, is that 5-teeth clamp as wide as 4-teeth or is there difference?
    Thanks.

6. Herb

Herb New Member

Clamps are the same size.

BadminFinn likes this.
  7. Herb

Herb New Member

Video on the clamps and bases.