Badminton shop at Puchong KL

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Y@R@Y, Oct 12, 2007.

1. reebok

reebok New Member

heheeh.yap.my fren already go to the puchong.visit a.j.but a.j not have lethal 90 just lethal 85.lethal 85 aroun 280+beg(not need)+string+grip.in terengganu at turbo sport offer rm 200+beg,tshirt,string,grip.

2. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    i think i should not ask here but i can't find any topic related to badminton stringing at malaysia site....so just wanna ask, where can i get a good stringing for my rackets....

i live at SS 2, well i don't mind go kota damansara KD or puchong AJ. just wanna get a good stringing...

any advise from pros ?

3. leongwaipak

leongwaipak Regular Member

Accountant
    I've done a lot of my stringing at AJ. They have two digital stringing machines there and they do the one string method (two ties). The prices for the strings and restringing service seems reasonable, but I've just came back from overseas where restringing for A$25~RM75 is normal!

The tensions seem very high when done at AJ to me but they seem very good and cheap. I've strung rackets at 27lbs and they were tooooooo tight for me. Even when I ask them to string at 24lbs seems too tight. But maybe I'm getting old and can't hit that hard anymore. :p

Again, just call them and ask how much they charge for the strings you are looking for.

#723 leongwaipak, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  4. alanwong76

Interior Deco
    Thanks !! then i think i made up my mind going to aj for a new saberarc 10 + stringing as well as my others rackets.... ^_^

5. leongwaipak

Accountant
    Make sure you have a feel for their recently strung racquets (for other customers) to see what tensions they are stringing at and to see if you like that tension.

6. bartwuster

bartwuster Regular Member

Newly opened Racket World at Puchong also offer a very good stringing job; ask Mr Wai to do it, and the string price also quite good.. :)Don't know about other people but I have quite a bad experience doing stringing job at AJ; their racket price maybe good but stringing service is quite poor, but that is totally my personal experience. :)

7. leongwaipak

Accountant
    It's easy to say bad but how bad is AJ? What was wrong in particular with the restringing?
    Please explain your personal experience so we can all make an informed decision.

In the last 10 months I've bought 5 new racquets from them and restrung another 10 other racquets for myself and friends. From this 15 racquets, I think I've broken one set of strings myself but my friends have probably broken like three sets of strings.
    So based on this experience I dont think there is anything unusual or "BAD" in terms of their restringing ability and their string longevity.
    But like I've said before, they do seem like the restring really really tight, but I've learnt not to ask them to restring more than 24lbs.

I might try racquet world next time but statistically, I don't find anything "BAD" with AJ.

8. bartwuster

bartwuster Regular Member

Do you know how to read?
    I say it's my personal experience, and I did also said I don't know about other people.
    And for your info me myself been buying quite a few racket myself from AJ for the past few months and done quite a no. of stringing job with them, and most of them either lose it's tension in no time or the strings broken.
    If you think AJ is doing a great job for you, then it's good for you.
    I'm just giving other stringing option at Puchong area, where I find it's suits me quite well, especially when I've been using this Mr Wai service even before he opened up the Racket World Puchong branch.

#728 bartwuster, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  9. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    AJ has at least 3 different people who does the stringing at their shop. Unfortunately for me, mine was done by the least experienced of them all (at least he seemed liked it). My BG66@26lbs felt like a 23lbs. I don't blame AJ though, there were a lot of customers and rackets to be strung when I was there. You could say that the stringer was rushing it a bit. This was around a year ago though, its probably better now. These days I do most of my stringing at Racket Zone (Prince shop next to AJ). The que there is quite long but they never rush the work. And my racket retain their tension quite well despite the notoriously poor tension retention of the VS850.

10. leongwaipak

Accountant
    I just asked you to please explain your personal experience. that's all.
    I'm also interested to know other peoples opinions/different point of view, that's why i asked.

why do you think the string loses tension? do you think its because of the one string method?
    Do racket world use two strings method (four ties)?
    I have noticed a very slight loss of tension on some racquets strings but hardly noticeable and no effect on how I play with the racquet/strings.

I still think they string very tight and I'm not getting much power from my shots. But maybe they are doing the right job/right tension and its just that my racquets/strings are just too stiff for me.

I'm dont think it would lose tension if both are using the same type of yonex strings, right?

And all strings will inevitably break. I guess you experience it more regularly with AJ jobs than with Racketworld restrings jobs? If you're unlucky, you can break a string within 24 hours or doing the job.
    But interested to know why you feel the strings break more often when done by AJ?

#730 leongwaipak, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  11. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    Done quite a bit stringing around these shops.

My opinion;

1)Racket zone (best of three but i thk one of their mach dented my rackets inner frame at 12o'clock)
    2)Racket world
    3)AJ (needless to say anything....)

12. leongwaipak

Accountant
  13. alanwong76

Interior Deco
    Looks like there is less choice of YY rackets at their store...

14. focuszon

focuszon New Member

any shops in Puchong having sales for badminton shoes now? I am looking for a pair, either asics or yonex, appreciate your recomendation. Tks

15. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    When will MX70 arrive in Malaysia?

16. alanwong76

Interior Deco
    anyone know how much is the karakal grip cost ?

17. KulimKia

KulimKia Regular Member

Engineer
    The normal Karakal rubber grip is between RM8 to 9. I bought some a few weeks ago

18. alanwong76

Interior Deco
    kk, thanks for the info ^_^

19. fat_lip2525

fat_lip2525 Regular Member

Modern sports selling at rm6

20. alanwong76

Interior Deco
    mmmmm... what about the high end karakal grip ?? more than RM 20 per grip ?