Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. Head Heavy

Head Heavy Regular Member

Yamaguchi won 21-11 in the final game.
    The last finals is MD.

2. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Yamaguchi wonnnn????? ;(

3. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

[​IMG]

:D

boon_keng and Michael V like this.
  4. minions

minions Regular Member

In the end, no club that won more than one title. For FukuHiro and KamuSono, they prove that they are the best over the pairs that have overtaken them in WTF.

fanyy likes this.
  5. Cunning Linguist

Basically, in every discipline the best player/pair in the country won. Except for WD, where we can all agree that the best pair narrowly lost in the qf. :cool:

Quentin11 likes this.
  6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Haii

LenaicM and Cunning Linguist like this.
  7. sbad

sbad New Member

you can check out this youtube channel. it has some semi-finals matches, and hopefully it will load the finals too.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SINN1216/videos

#707 sbad, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  8. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Do you know using 君 (くん) or “kun” can be impolite if you are not talking to someone intimate to you, younger than you or someone inferior to your position (in a company or a school it is). In badminton, KM would be superior to you hehe (I guess huh :p) and if you want to show true respect you can use 様 (さま) or “sama”. It shows you admire this person. (It is used for gods too!)

Either way, in case you meet and adress to him one day he will appreciate “Sama” rather than ”Kun” that’s for sure :cool:.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I think Momota will appreciate "-kun" more than "-sama" if you are to address him in person.

Use "-san" if you are not sure which to one to choose. It is the most neutral honorific for addressing people you just met in Japan.

LenaicM likes this.
  10. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I think every people on this thread will know that already.

Amongst the Momota fan here on BC we call him many names. Kento-kun, KM-kun, Momota-Senshu, our boy, bad boy etc etc.

Sama would definitely not be appropriate. San would be the correct way to show respect. And it would be Momota-san instead of Kento-san. And if I am close enough to him to call him by his first name then I might as well use Kun or nothing suffix at all.

11. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

Ah a great match between Akane and Nozomi! Nozomi could not hold her tears at the end :'(

An expected result though objectively speaking! Nozomi is not quite back there yet, in terms of the fitness/ consistency/ technical level that is required to challenge the very top players (right now TTY, Yamaguchi, Chen Yufei, and Marin - when fit - are basically Top 10 tier 1, and the rest is Top 10 Tier 2). A good way to see that is to compare the TTY vs Akane French Open Final and the Nozomi - Ratchanok final. Both good matches but the level of play definitely one or two notches higher in the French.

Hopefully Nozomi can get back there by next season :) and Congratulation Akane !

Fukuhiro really had a point to make here, showing that despite not qualifying for the Ghanzhou finals, they are still the best pair in the world. This should lift up their spirit a bit!

The other three matches went according to plan, no big surprises, although a commendable effort from Kenta !

fanyy likes this.
  12. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Sama can be too much yup but I know from your signature you really admire him a lot. Anyhow that’s cool to see such a strong enthusiasm for Japanese badminton on here :).

Quentin11 likes this.
  13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Would make him feel akward a bit I guess true. Japanese honorifics aren’t always easy huh, context can change a lot how it can be perceived. I’ll ask a little review wih my Japanese teacher next lesson, thought Sama could apply here but may be in this context for a young badminton player it’s just really too much.

Quentin11 likes this.
  14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well it depends on how he feels about his admiration for Momota.
    If it was like I worship Momota and I will devote my whole life to serve him, then yes "-sama" could be applied here :D:D

In normal conversation, we hardly use Sama to address anyone (except some special high status people, for example the imperial family members). Usually it is a term used by business people to address their client or customers.

LenaicM likes this.
  15. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Thanks! I got it a bit wrong. I deduct you are Japanese then since you said “we” hehe. Anyhow thanks for correcting my mistakes. :D

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haha Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not Japanese. :)
    Japanese language could be pretty complex and really hard to understand sometimes. Experiencing it on-site did wonders :D

17. minions

minions Regular Member

When will the members of national team A and B be decided?

18. vinnino

vinnino Regular Member

List of NBA players/pairs 2019: http://www.smash-net.tv/topics/details/id/1983/

Summary:
    Sayaka Sato, Kodai Naraoka, Riichi Takeshita, Taluma Ueda, & Fukuman/Yonao are OUT

In:
    Mizui Hirari, Hiroki Midorikawa/Natsu Saito

Still:
    Asuka Takahashi (non sense)o_O

19. Cunning Linguist

Seems like on 11 December the final A and B spots among the players will be revealed. Don't really understand the reasoning behind Naraoka out, Mizui in (school, maybe?), really don't understand why Sato isn't even in the B team anymore (she had a bad year, but she certainly is better than Takahashi and Mine) and least of all I understand Fukuman/Yonao being swapped with the significantly weaker Aratama/Watanabe.

20. kurako

kurako Regular Member

If Naraoka were kept on, Midorikawa would have to be recruited onto the team as well. After all, Midorikawa beat Naraoka in the Inter High Championships, and he got one round further in the All Japan Championships (AJC) before being demolished by Momota. Naraoka, on the other hand, was soundly beaten by someone ranked lower than himself. This actually could be the wake-up call that Naraoka needs, ... you never know.

As for Sato: She is being given the same treatment that was accorded to Ueda Takuma last year. She may be able to join a few lower-end international tournaments as a self-financed player next year, but the future does not look bright.

Talking of Ueda, he did well to take a game from Nishimoto at the SF of the AJC, but it was obviously not enough to get him re-instated on the team.