Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That’s highly unusual. I thought Japanese working culture was very meticulous over such details.

2. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Some people even think that Germans are efficient and punctual. Using the train in Germany will quickly provide you with evidence to the contrary.
    This seems to be a similar case. Bird Japanhas at least half of their players injured and/or completely out of form for every important tournament. How meticulous can they really be? :D

ants and Michael V like this.
  3. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Possibly due to 'Tago influence', today the NBA finally got around to issuing a public apology on its website, and sports newspapers have been quick to pick up.

Cheung and trizzforce like this.
  4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There are seasons in everything. If you ask me, i dont think it is a big deal. Consistency is the key and you also must remain injury free.
    Why VA can produce good consistent results even when he is a pro now, it it because his training are short intervals and quality over quantity. This helps in recovery as well. If you have a good training regiment, recovery etc... you will go far.

LenaicM likes this.
  5. yuon

yuon Regular Member

Nishimoto finally won a title after going back to a corporate team. He was in a real rut after declaring independence. Maybe Okuhara should also consider the same. I don't think her performance had gotten better at all after leaving Unisys. Her few tournament wins were during early COVID times when the competition was thin so I don't think they really say much, and she also lost to HBJ, with whom she had a really good h2h against in the critical QF stage at the Olympics. She has also been injured more often than she has been injury-free since then, so the extra corporate team matches don't seem to be as big of a factor as she might have thought. Having the support of a corporate team during such times might not be such a bad idea.

Cheung likes this.
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Being in Dubai definitely helps compared being jetlagged flying to-from Denmark. Now he has the advantage that Asian players have.

7. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Hmmm, but not so much as far as Japan is concerned: Dubai ⇒ Tokyo is a ten-hour flight

8. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

9. kurako

kurako Regular Member

The Vietnam Open 2022 is attracting much attention amongst Japanese players, including a number of Team A representatives. What I am looking forward to most, however, is seeing Sonoda/Kaneko in action. They bagged the Ranking Circuit trophy earlier this year; how will they fare in their first international tournament together?

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  10. terrynguyen121988

the only thing I'm interested in now, is when Momota will change to "new racket (or back to old racket)

with 99 pro, he will lose at the first round, again and again.

and soon, he will out of 36 players who have qualified to play tour 500+

11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Is there a junior badminton tournament happening in Japan these next few days? I see from IG that Malaysian junior Badminton players are flying to Japan and saw a HK junior also flying.

12. yuon

yuon Regular Member

There is the All Japan Junior Championship for under 18 juniors from this Friday to next Monday. All the players in the draws are Japanese and all of the U18 national junior players are participating so, yes, there is a junior badminton tournament happening in Japan in the next few days, but it's domestic only.

Cheung likes this.
  13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Found it. It’s a sports exchange.

https://tokyo-jsa.jp/en/badminton_en/

14. wannaplay

wannaplay Regular Member

what is this event

15. kurako

kurako Regular Member

In the absence of an official announcement, Takahashi Sayaka's name has been removed from the national team list. In interviews both at the World Championships and Japan Open, she mentioned that she felt she had reached her limit as a player.

She had a swagger and gung-ho style that is not often seen in Japanese badminton; I will miss her presence on the court.

Pcyl likes this.
  16. terrynguyen121988

She always meets Yamaguchi in the draw. Unlucky draw.

trizzforce and Pcyl like this.
  17. terrynguyen121988

delete

#2897 terrynguyen121988, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  18. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Yes, I will miss Takahashi Sayaka. On her good days, she can beat many top players. If I'm not mistaken she can sometimes beat Sindhu or R Itanon or CYF. She is not a lot but a little bit like woman version of LJZ. She should watch her matches. Opponents are afraid of her wild smashes. These type of attacking player must train up defence. They are already natural attackers. With defence combined with their attacking instincts they will be powerful. Yes, unfortunately she always meets Akane.

Sent from my XQ-BT52 using Tapatalk

19. terrynguyen121988

I used to call her as "queen of super tour 300" in last few years.

20. yuon

yuon Regular Member

I saw her comment about retirement during the World Championship, but I didn't think that she would stop before the end of the year. I thought that she actually had been playing very well since last fall, probably the best performance from her in the past few years, so it is sad to see her stop here. She even got a win off of TTY, a player whom she thought that she could never beat, so it is a good ending to her career. Wish her the best of luck from here on.