Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Oooops, not quite sure what happened to Weisskirchen there.

I have now watched the last part of the match. Koga was thoroughly gutted; he didn't get up. And what's more, Hatano just left him lying there.

2. yuon

yuon Regular Member

Nah, Koga will never be able to join the K-club. His first name doesn't start with a 'K'. :D

kurako likes this.
  3. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Finally someone who's ready to compete. :mad::D

To be perfectly honest, I thought it was a bit pathetic. He was lying there for so long I thought the line judges were about to mop him up with the lint and the drops of sweat. They probably shoul have, too.

kurako likes this.
  4. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Gunji Riko made rather light work of the No. 2 seed; the poor victim was in tears.

The rankings of Team B do not, on the whole, reflect their abilities or potential. The NBA really needs to make a more systemic effort to have these players on the international circuit.

Pcyl likes this.
  5. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

I managed to watch Riku Hatano match today. I like his pro active style. Is there any way to watch a replay of Hatano vs Minoru Koga?

I also watch Shimono match. But the German player retired early.

Sent from my XQ-BT52 using Tapatalk

6. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Most likely Pablo Abian will be the biggest threat to the Japanese players in the MS category....He has like more than ten years experience than most of the competitors and he is still playing well,at least from what I saw from his match today. Well,who knows maybe someone will spring an upset.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

7. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Pcyl likes this.
  8. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Yusuke Onodera is the only Japanese representative left in the semifinal for MS in the Belgian International.

Will not be easy to win,the other three semifinalists,one is a finalist in the Czech Open which took place just last week,one defeated the top seed Pablo Abian, and the last one,I don't know anything about him but he won a very tight match in the quarterfinal.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

9. kurako

kurako Regular Member

It won't be easy, not least because Onodera has played three more matches than the other three semi-finalists. He is the only player left from the qualifying round. In WS, too, the sole remaining Japanese representative is Gunji Riko. She, too, set out from the qualifying round, and has played two more matches than her opponent of tomorrow.

I certainly wouldn't count Gunji out, but Japan looks the strongest in XD. It could well be an all-Japan Final.

cococo likes this.
  10. Cunning Linguist

Fairly disappointed with Saito and Mizui. The latter had absolutely no chance, the game was more one-sided than the result might suggest. Gunji is playing the opponent of Saito. This lady had three-game matches all tournament and lost the first game vs Saito 21-19 after leading 19-11 (yes, ten straight), because she was completely knackered. If Gunji plays it smart, she has a chance.

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Nishimoto played well in ideal physical condition, but Nishimoto cannot play well like the way that "tired Momota" play.

If Nishimoto can do it, I think he will be soon get back to top 10.

12. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

I genuinely thought he could have taken the match against CTC yesterday...but it was not to be. I was excited about the prospect of having 3 Japanese men in the Semis. It's not everyday such a thing happens.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  13. yuon

yuon Regular Member

Gunji is living up to her potential as a world junior champion so far. It would be good for the future of Japanese WS if she can manage to win the title today. Saito, I'm afraid, probably will not go beyond Team B level. Mizui has a couple of years left to prove herself, but losing with that kind of scores to an unknown Canadian does not look good for her future.

14. Cunning Linguist

Gunji in 3! :D

yuon likes this.
  15. terrynguyen121988

I think that wrong tactics made Nishimoto lost the match. Nishimoto smashed too much but not be effective.

In front the net, Nishimoto should hold the shuttle as long as possible, don't hit back fastly.

Just keep balance to ready to back to the central before hit the shuttle back

#2455 terrynguyen121988, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  16. terrynguyen121988

It's sad but I think Nishimoto should try to play super tour 300 to find some achievement.

I'm afraid that Nishimoto will never win a super tour in his career.

trizzforce likes this.
  17. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Quite a disappointing showing at the Hylo Open for Team Japan, with the marked exception of the WD category.

The time difference has rendered it difficult to watch the majority of matches live, but it will be interesting to see how far Naraoka can take his game against Gemke today. Speaking of Naraoka: It is unfortunate that he withdrew/was withdrawn from the Indonesia Masters/Indonesia Open. He actually stood a good chance of making it to the final draw, and could conceivably have added a few badly-needed ranking points.

Another nice move by the NBA. o_O

LenaicM and trizzforce like this.
  18. Cunning Linguist

To be fair, everybody except Naraoka (and maybe that one md) had horrible draws.

KhoaHa and Michael V like this.
  19. kurako

kurako Regular Member

True, but that one MD featured Inoue; the match should have been won.

Having said that, Hoshi/Matsuda and Iwanaga/Nakanishi did well to dispose of the number 3 and 4 seeds, respectively. WD looks to be a fairly open field.

20. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Yeah I agree. It wasn't even a close match. I worry for Japanese MD, in general. I hope WD can win this tournament though.