Badminton Asia Championships 2015

Discussion in '2015 Tournaments' started by RedShuttle, Mar 16, 2015.

1. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Indo played better overall I reckon though. They just uncharacteristically choked when it mattered most. No matter, World Champs 2015 and Olympics 2016 is all that really matters for this pair.

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    INA-KOR-THA each brings back one gold; the host bags two...well spread among the Asians.

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

This is LYD's 2nd Asia Champs. It's a pity he can't win the big ones though. He deserves it.

4. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I already wanted to conclude that the Koreans have a slight advantage in long rallies and in defense, but the Indonesians are slightly better in first three shots and in varying the attack, but all in such small margins.
    This was an amazing game. Still they should change the short rallies with the long ones and it would be the best I had ever seen.
    But this was some special stuff. How did the Koreans turn this around? Great fighting and believing :)
    The last point was just ... woowowowoow. YYS at his best :D

HOpefully this match will be uploaded later in HD on youtube as the quality wasn´t the best.

Great Sunday. Looking forward to watch the replays of the other matches as there seemed to be some great stuff as well. ESp. Intanon. Did expect this. Very, very good for her confidence. She finally seems to be establish herself at the very top after performing quite a bit under expectations after her WC win.

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

YYS was on fire today with defence but still made some bad plays, LYD made the more obvious errors but was still top quality when it mattered most, that's all that matters.

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes I agreed that the Indonesians played relatively better. That is why I said the Koreans are just plain lucky to win this match. They are just lucky. Lee Yong Dae performance is below par today making service errors too. The Koreans celebrated too much after they win. They totally forgot to shake hand with the Indonesians players. Poor sportsmanship.

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Money-wise, the amount of prize is rather small, but still much better than those GP :)

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I actually see it slightly differently. Ahsan/Setiawan have taken MD to the next level by emphasising the "first three shots" play. Not so nice for spectators, but it's actually incredibly skillful what they are doing.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Really? Got to start counting.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The crowd was cheering Jia You during the MD final. Who were they cheering? INA or KOR?

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Now waiting for Everton vs Man Utd and later the big one, Arsenal vs Chelsea.

#991 nokh88, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

They are cheering for the Indonesians of course. I heard so many audience shouting INDONESIA! INDONESIA! aloud throughout the match. Quality wise and skills wise the Indonesians are better. Luck wise the Koreans are better. Lee Yong Dae make so many mistakes today so nervous and not forgetting the 4 service errors too. Luckily Yoo Yeon Seong played better. If not the result could be the reverse. Saving 2 match points at the end is just plain lucky by the Koreans. Agreed?

13. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I aggree. In this department it is: MA/HS > LYD/YYS (got closer and closer) and then there is a big gap imho.
    Yes, I just meant for the spectators it would be even greater. No sense to change it for the pairs ofc :p

I looked into other games of this BAC and I have to say the intensity and skill-level between Lee/Yoo vs. Ahsan/Setiawan is second to none! And it is not just this match here, also their encounters in recent months and 2014.

14. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

You could also say that the Indonesians were lucky that Lee Yong Dae made those service errors and mistakes. Stop being so bitter.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It doesn't matter. Important thing, it was an exciting match and the winner is badminton.

16. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

totally agree. this is the type of match that could make the game more popular.

17. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

Yh it was an exciting match and and an excellent ending. I just disagree that the Koreans were lucky to win, they fought hard to to stay in the game and that last rally where Yoo Yeon Seong displayed some heroic stuff to stay in the rally summed that fight and desire to win.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wow, great performance by May!

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Congratulations to Wu Ashun for saving the day for Chinese sports.

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Exactly, the last match was really entertaining, thrilling atmosphere and unpredictable outcome. Both pairs have same good technical skill, solid defence but INA combo blew it away, twice opportunities at match point game 2 and 19-16 at decider while the Koreans still could manage under pressure situation at critical moment and turned the tables.

Two titles for host China and 1 each for INA, KOR and THA. Intanon finally topped the podium after her stellar performance in 2013 WC, a long period to end title drought.