Aviva Singapore Open 2005 Grand Final Day

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by weeyet, Jul 2, 2005.

1. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

so she's really the lady in white?

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    There have been many allegations of match fixing which I find unfounded, including this one. Did those who made the allegations even watch the match? Both pairs fought tooth-and-nail. It was obvious that the Zhang pair piled the pressure Huang Sui and most often, she could not handle it. Meanwhile, both the Zhangs were impressive, especially the petite Zhang Yawen whose partnership with Xie Zhongbo also caused the upset of Lee Jae Jin/Lee Hyo Jung. The Zhangs also easily defeated Wei/Zhao in the quarterfinals.

Based on that performance, it spells gloom for Wei/Zhao who may be relegated to number 4 or even 5 when Du/Yu makes their move.

5. other

other Regular Member

Student
    mmm time for wei to get into XD as well then:)

6. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

yeah i agree, im surprised that there is actually talk of match fixing. it was a rather thrilling match in my opinion.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Ok ok...I admit that I am a little bit quick to accuse the Chinese Team of match fixing. I apologize for that :) Of course, I know they are a very good upcoming pair and it's time for them to win a major title sooner or later. They are bound to be up there from the moment they were promoted from the juniors. Sigh...when you have 4-5 Chinese pairs in the top 10, every tournament is an almost foregone conclusion. Lee/Lee is still not stable and they even lost to the scratch pairing of Novita/Polli...unbelievable...

8. JumpingSmash

JumpingSmash Regular Member

Because the match is thrilling and both pairs played seriously, it didn't mean that the match is not fixed, i mean they could plan it before the match and make the match thrilling so that ppl didn't think that the match was fixed.
    This is just my opinion of course and I can't prove it, but I have read the article that say IBF must act to stop the chinese's team-order but I forget where I read it.
    I hate match fixing :mad: :mad:

9. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

hmm you've got a point. i guess this will remain a controversy forever.

10. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    Is there any written rules or act in IBF saying that "team's order" or "match fixing" is prohibited....

11. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

you are not alone, i hate match fixing too.

if one has the mindset that a match is fixed no matter how thrilling and exciting it was solely because it didn't end per strength or ranking order, one could never enjoy the game.

i would suggest you to watch the alleged match. if you have already done so, well, i guess there's nothing to add that cd change your mind ;)

peace....

12. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

Regarding the WD, since Gao had played 62 minutes of badminton over 3 sets against the Thais in the XD a couple of hours before playing in the WD, isn't it reasonable to expect that she would be a bit tired going into the WD, hence a loss is not unexpected?

13. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

yup.. was a little surprise at the order of play. shdnt the organizer schedule it in such a way that a player who is playing in 2 matches be given sufficient time to recover? :confused: WD was played right after WS which is normally, not a lengthy game..

14. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    off topic but Huang Sui seems to have gained a lot of weight since last year :)

15. yuval_ba

yuval_ba Regular Member

Hi sunzhi,

can we still expect these mpegs ? :)

TIA
    Yuval

16. uluh dayak

uluh dayak Regular Member

indon update

2002? :confused: man that s old. deswita and taufik is no longer together, thats wat the local newspaper wrote. they broke up a few months ago. Taufik is with someone else now. Its Ami Gumelar I guess or Amy?? daughter of Agum Gumelar. The lady in white might be her,the nose shows some similarity to her father s. deswita is the opposite nose characteristic, she has this uncommonly big nose for an indon(nostrils included)but still ok looking. the lady in white is definitely not deswita.

17. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

juicy gossip by some infotainment & local media that Taufik broke up with Deswita and back to ex. girl friend, Wynne Prakusya (Tennis player) after they were showed walk together.
    The media have correct it since Taufik talked clearly about his family & girl friend in Sng Open's press conference.

18. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

so now taufik's with Ami Gumelar? who is she? and are they engaged?

19. floorfilla

floorfilla Regular Member

Indonesians would probably know who Ami's father is. Her father, Agum Gumelar is a Lieutenant-General of TNI in Indonesia.. And her mom is the Head of Konggres Wanita Indonesia (Kowani).. Yes, Taufik and Ami are engaged..
    God, just last year Deswita said that they are going to get married soon after Athens 2004....... Guess they are just not meant to be together..

20. floorfilla

floorfilla Regular Member

Actually Ami's mother, Linda Agum Gumelar, was in Singapore for the Aviva Open.. While a lot of people left after the Men's Doubles Medal Ceremony, many people stayed back.. Those who stayed back would probably see most of the Indonesian players shaking hands very politely with an old lady.. She is Linda Agum Gumelar. Ami's parents are big shots in Indonesia.