Aviva Open Singapore 2007 Pictures

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by Loh, May 2, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Women's Doubles Final

The first match on Finals day was the WD between China's two seeded pairs, Zhang Yawen and Wei Yili (#1) and Zhao Tingting and Yang Wei (#6).

The top seed justified by beating the 6th seed, but not without a fight that went into the rubber game, 10-21, 21-19, 21-18 in 55 min. We never expected such a good show among compatroits.

I was very impressed with southpaw, Wei Yili, her fine build, her above average height and strong limbs although she was taped around her left elbow, her poise, her good balance, her energy and intense focus on court. I will show you her pics first before some of the other action in the match proper. Wei Yili must surely be a name to watch in the near future, although she is not very young and was formerly paired off with her current opponent, Zhao Tingting.

Attached Files:

#41 Loh, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    SIS and vicinity on Finals Day

The SIS will be further enhanced a few years down the road with the completion of the new Sports Hub. Another smaller multi-purpose stadium with a capacity of about 5,000 that may be suitable for table-tennis, badminton, basketball, gymnastics, etc, will be added.

A new national stadium fit for bigger events like soccer, athletics and a regular venue for our National Day Parade will replace the existing stadium shown in one of the pictures. In front of the SIS is a giant hole which is now under construction for the Circle Line (an underground train system) which will bring many more sports loving fans to the Kallang Sports Hub.

Exciting times are ahead for sports and recreation in this area, which iincludes the Kallang River currently a lively hang-out for water sports like canoeing and water-skiing.

Attached Files:

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahahahaha.. great Loh!!! Too bad I couldn't join you guys.. :crying: Envy, envy.. thanks for all the pics again, Loh.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup...it was nice meeting up with the rest as well...including some new faces like hcyong, abedeng, terry and hFang.

At the end, it was a very memorable week for me. Man Utd was crowned the English Premiership Champion for the record 9th time, while Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa continued Team INA's good record at the Singapore Open and grabbed their and INA's first Super Series title of the year. It will be a perfect week had Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan won as well...but well...one title is good enough :D

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Thats why i didnt go and watch the MU match.. coz i know they will win for sure. :) hehehe.. the food that we had is way too much.. since i've already gained weight... this trip make it worse... but its a different story for Terry, he lost weight after the trip!

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

How could it be so??..

...wow, ants, you really need to slim down, cos you know the WC get-together is coming up in a while..:p :D ;) ...terry lost weight?? how could it be so??...hmm:confused: :rolleyes:

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yes, i know.. i need to slim down soon.. if not i will breach the point of no return.

8. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahahaha, loh, did you actually have time to watch any of the matches, or were you just taking pics all the time?
    greatly appreciated though!

9. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I'm sure your presence on the TV set forced Manchester City to miss their penalty. :D :p

10. terry

terry Regular Member

I also dun know? i lost 3kg for this SO trip :confused:

But happy leh :p

11. hFang

hFang Regular Member

Yea...Loh indeed ordered more than enough of food for all of us there..But it was a great one..:p Nice to meet all of you there..

12. terry

terry Regular Member

Yeah! LOH, thanks for the dinner!

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Are u sure, the food was "only" more than enough 'cos u hardly touched any, badMania needed to "coach" MU, Kyiyu couldn't stay, Loh needed to be a gracious host (A big thank you, Loh) and I couldn't indulge .... :eek:

Next GTG during World Championships, I will not hold back.:D

Antz, I suggest next time you walk from Pan Pac to the National Indoor Stadium, guaranteed will lose weight.:p I think it's not even 3 km distance, just walk across Raffles Blvd and turn to Nicoll H'way, all the way .....

14. hFang

hFang Regular Member

haha...quoted from terry that night 'gals normally eat very little'....or else i may end up having the same problem as ants is having now...:D

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Battle of the Flags

I watched much of the court action through my view finder, though not magnified but really focused. :)

Actually I did see the bigger picture as well, as from time to time, I will just sit back, relaxed and enjoy the scene. I even had time to blow my little 'orange plastic Yonex horn' which 'shocked' those around me with its deafening sound. But I need to give Boonsak a boost as the China supporters were just too overwhelming. Boonsak repaid me with a great resounding win over Chen Yu! :)

But despite my noisy support for LWW/CTF, it was to no avail as our 'veterans' just lost out marginally in the rubber. I'm sure the Malaysian cheer contingent must be equally disappointed. But they gave a great show of support that almost drowned out the China voice. Unfortuanately China brought out their ace giant red flag that overshadowed Malaysia's. But what is similar in both flags is the STAR. :D

Attached Files:

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Do you think you look like hFang or she looks like you? A long-lost sister? :)

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

And Loh has the eye for either of you !:D

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..Loh, did those people give you a weird stare/look after you blew the Yonex horn??:rolleyes: :p ;) ...Yeah, i remember one of those giant CHN flag flying when i was there. As a matter of fact, i saw it also in the 2005 WC here in Anaheim...They're EVERYWHERE!!!:D ;)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Loh will be waiting...

...for you to treat him, when the WC rolls around..right, Loh??..:D :p ;)

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You should ask hFang who sat on my left...:rolleyes:

This much I can tell you...when I let off my full blast...almost everyone was looking at my direction...:cool: :p ;)

Well I just pretended nothing had happened and joined in unison with the haunting and delirious Malaysian kompang beat...dum dum...dum dum...dum dum dum...dum dum...dum dum...dum dum dum.......MALAYSIA BOLEH...the flag flutters wildly in conjunction with the clapping of the balloon sticks!:D :D :D