Aviva Open Singapore 2006 Pictures

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by Loh, Jun 6, 2006.

1. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Yeah! Went there yesterday round 64. Met with a few guys from BC including Loh, Kelvin & EastDevil. :)
    Thinking of going this morning for round 32 Man single for a couples of hour before heading back to office.:D

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Dinner at Lau Pa Sat

Last evening, five of us went to Lau Pa Sat, a 10-minute drive from the SIS, to take a quick bite as we need to return to watch the exciting MS Round 3, featuring some of the best players like Peter Gade (v Chen Yu), Chen Hong (v Bjoern Joppien). Bao Chunlai (v Eric Pang), Chetan Anand (v Saman Ismail), Hafiz (v Simon Santoso), Kenneth Jonasen (v Shoji Sato) and our own Ronald Susilo (v Nguyen Tien Minh).

The longest match of 1 hr 11 min, was between Ronald and Tien Minh, both of whom employed long rallies to try to tire the other. In the end Ronald emerged victor and TM almost had cramps with a score of 21-19, 15.21 and 21-9.

The more interesting match was fought out by Peter Gade and Chen Yu in attacking mode and it was a close finish right to the end, with Peter almost losing but recovered in the last few points to win 21-11, 23-25 and 22-20 in 1 hr 6 min.

Bao Chulai had an initial scare when he lost 19-21 in the first game to Eric Pang, but he piled up the pressure to win convincingly in the two remaining matches, 21-14, 21-9. Having watched Eric Pang in the past, I must say he has improved a great deal in this tournament.

The more interesting matches will come this afternoon where the QF winners will be decided.

Seated at the round table at LPS are from left EastDevil, kyiyu, ants, badMania an yours truly:

Attached Files:

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You guys ordered too much SATAY !!! I could have finished it for you if I were there.

4. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

VERY nice pics!!!!!!! :D

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Great pics and nice to see pics of the BC'ers!

6. eling

eling Regular Member

thanks loh for the nice pic from SO!!more pic please....:)

7. storkbill

storkbill Regular Member

on the 2nd day they said that 70-200 is also not allowed. dunno whats with this ridiculous policy. Their website only says no flash photography, then suddenly want to say lenses like 70-200 cannot use.

8. winex8888

winex8888 Regular Member

the security personnel claim that you need a Media Pass to bring in these 'big' lenses :mad:

9. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Oh, CTF, ZJW and some others also came to the Lau Pa Sat to eat as well. No, not with us. :)

10. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    only 5 of you were mentioned the picture~
    Was wondering then, is there a 6th person? (whos taking the picture:p)

11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Uhmmm... perhaps the waiter?

12. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Yannie! You are so smart!!! Well, its kind of waiter since it the guy peddling the satay.

13. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    lol... just thought there could be another person whos camera shy haha

14. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    The malay satay uncle received a professional photography crash course from Loh. :D

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Loh,
    thanks for sharing the pics with us. Ah, finally a pic of you guys eating out, so i guess you guys decided to have the eating session at LauPaSat, heh??..hehe:)...hmm, noticed ants didn't have any dish in front of him, maybe wasn't hungry??..:rolleyes:
    also wondering, was that the "get-together" session?? Will there be another one??..I thought there would be more of the BC people joining??..btw, where was Netasia(another BC member??):rolleyes: ..anyways..
    kyiyu, nice to finally recognize you, eventhough we didn't have a chance to meet...:)..as well as badMania and EastDevil...:) :cool:

#35 ctjcad, Jun 9, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

GOOD...hopefully, I will be back in SG too. BTW, I am going to Salt Lake City sometime in mid-Oct. I will transit in either LA or SF.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

We ordered 30 sticks!!! It was a little too much and I myself probably had 10 :D Plus the big bowl of noddle I ordered....

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic...

Hmm, badMania, sounds like a good deal-perhaps when and if i'm able to visit S'pore again, we all can meet together...:rolleyes: :) :cool:
    On that note, since you mentioned you will come sometimes in mid-Oct. to the U.S., not to sound as if i'm forcing you to change plan, but how abt plan ning to stay in L.A. for a few days..hehe.:p Plus, I believe the U.S. Open will be held that month, so maybe a perfect timing for you also-have to check again though the schedule. And if you haven't been to L.A. before, might as well spend a few days here in the L.A. area and maybe, just maybe play some baddie with the local folkz here....;)
    Anyways, let me/us know, eventhough it's still more than 4 months away, PM me your plan...:) :cool:

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm...a good idea since I have never been to LA. My current plan (still tentative) is to take SQ from HKG to SF (they have a direct flight there) and then to Salt Lake City. However, I am still not sure if this is the best route to take. An alternative is to take Cathay and transit at LA. Any advice?

20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    We'll wait for you to come visit us. :D