Australian Photos

Discussion in 'Australian Open / India Open / Malaysia GP Gold 20' started by anfan2000, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    How about pointing out these "inappropriate comments"? Then I can explain to you why they're not inappropriate.

#41 Gicutzu, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. benmac

benmac Regular Member

My initial post was meant to point out that chris' claim that he coached the girl or even knew who she was is bogus. For a "coach" to say they know someone very well and not even be able to recognize them surprises me. I also felt it was necessary to point out that she was only 16 to perhaps curb the direction of some of the comments being made. Further to that I would suggest to the photographer that they stick to taking photo's of players in action or warming up rather than zooming in on spectators he finds attractive. I witnessed a guy doing the same thing at the tennis this year and after he zoomed in for about the 10th time on a young girl sitting only a couple of rows away others sitting near him had enough and put him in his place.

3. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    You have some valid points, and can present them logically and in a calm manner, as opposed to charedblack. The thing about the people who take photos of attractive people in the audience is that they see the same thing being done by pros at huge international tournaments like tennis Grand Slams, and they gather from that that it's ok.

I have to disagree with you calling chris-ccc a "coach" with quotation marks, though - from what I've gathered, chris is a respected coach and definitely a respected member of this forum. Maybe he simply made a mistake and thought it was someone else in the pic...

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Ever watched tv? You can't watch a sporting event or music festival without someone in the crowd being singled out by the tv cam. And I'm sure that last part has nothing to do with commercial interests and all about privacy ;).

Yes I got that but perhaps it was his own way to end the discussion :D. There isn't even a Michelle M in the draw ...
    I know who it is and have withheld posting those details but no you didn't mention she was 16 the first time around either. And as far as taking pics of people in the stands, I've seen dozens of tournament galleries which include pics of people in the stands not posing. Obviously that tennis bloke is a different case taking pics of a spectator not a player and was rightly put in his place even if it was a player he was continuously taking multiple pics of ...
    And the pics posted here are a small selection of the pics posted on the Vietnamese board by kidrock who I might add doesn't look much older himself (at least assuming it's the one posing mostly in the pics with players) and that was the only one of "Li-Ning girl".

#44 demolidor, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  5. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    lol, now I know who she is too. And she did look blonde in that pic :D:p

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    That is not her mother with her

I apologise if they are not Melissa-M and her mother Angela-T. They were regulars in our coaching sessions 8 years ago (back in 2003). Be noticed that their surnames were not fully revealed because to protect their full identities.

I found Angela-T hasn't changed much, but her daughter has. Perhaps the girl is the younger sister of Melissa-M. If they are now participating in the Australian Jump Smash program, I shall try to get there one Friday to find out if I was mistaken or not.

The mother, Angela-T, I know is a very keen fan of Badminton.

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I wish people stop discussing this young lady but instead post more pictures about real badminton players like Wang Lin.... :););)

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wang Lin? Is that a badminton player? Or is that the person who posts pictures of real badminton players?

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

thanks for contributing, anfan2000..anymore pics to share?.
    That one lady, in white Li-Ning tees, resembles a bit like madbad's other fave WS player from KOR...:cool: