Athletics

Discussion in 'BEIJING 2008 non-badminton events / discussion' started by madbad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    US team got disqualified in relays almost in every recent editions. According to the commentator, this was the back-to-back disqualification for Lauryn Williams (she exceeded the exchange area when Marian Jones ran the 3rd leg in 2004). FRA team also got disqualified.

Nightmares continued in US men's team, it was laughable because it was just one of the heats, why can't just run safe to reach the final? GBR team also got disqualified because their anchor leg has exceeded the exchange area. So disappointing! Lucky CHN got made it to the final thanks to the qualifications.

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Nope, it was decided ahead of time that this year, the Olympics table would be decided by the number of medals won, not by the traditional gold count

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Yes admirable.....I assume that in Relay you are allowed to step on the lines then? Or did they finish but get disqualified?

So they did change it then.

4. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Women 4X100m: The overwhelming favorite Jamaica and Great Britain got disqualified in the finals again.

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Usain Bolt won his 3rd gold when Jamaica won the men 4X100m with a new world record 37.10s.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

So who's Mr. Olympics? Bolt or Phelps?

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Bolt without a doubt for me. Three Gold Medals, Three world records, All in Blue Ribband events, beyond compare.

8. kingmarioxv

kingmarioxv Regular Member

graduate student
    Proud to be a Jamaican!

Having gone through a temporary change in location, I haven't got to post in a while.

I must say I am proud to be part of the 2.7 million people that produce people like Usian 'Lightning' Bolt, Veronica Campbell-Brown among many, many others.

Unfortunately all I got was NBC vidoes :mad: which are all after the fact but at least I got to see the results in real time.

Without a doubt Bolt is Mr. Olympics! Looking forward to seeing how much he'll accomplish in the future.

Cheers!!

Still really, really puzzled as to how NBC could not bring ultra blue medal events like the 100m live:confused::confused:

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

congratulations to Jamaica:)

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Usain Bolt is the most successful sprinter who grabbed 3 golds after Carl Lewis era, a Jamaican power in track & field. Both Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps are the headlines of Beijing OG.