Astrox Nextage - 2023

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Baddyman#1, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

Just stumbled on a video introducing a new 80 grommets "Astrox Nextage" racket on the horizon for 2023.

Yonex official site shows the racket on google search but the page appears not yet available.

Schultzier likes this.
  2. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

im quite skeptical about this racket. Developed by Yonex Japan but made in Taiwan. Maybe it’s a middle range racket. But the design is cool. I like it

3. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

Do you think that the pros will use it? The color looks great.

4. Baddyman#1

Reviewer says its a high end racket and will be priced at $150usd. That explain the made in Taiwan part. Design looks good, i like it too. Keep a watch out for his next video which will have the on court experience.

5. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

but the grip quality looks cheap. maybe its a demo unit. not a finalized. (Just realized it is indeed demo unit.)

Kinda suprised if yonex pick Taiwan to manufacture their High end Racket.

6. Baddyman#1

Yeah, $150usd is not exactly mid tier pricing either. Maybe is their marketing strategy for this release, made in Taiwan, to lower the costs of production, to attract more sales considering current rapid rising Inflation and cost around the world.

He either has a pre released demo or actual consumer version as the grip is still wrapped in plastic. Not sure what you mean by "grip quality looks cheap"? It has a factory grip.

The video said its coming in jan 2023 so i think its finalised.

7. what07

what07 Regular Member

It'll probably do well for Western markets as prices of top end rackets are just starting to be out of reach for many. But I can see this being swallowed up in other markets where top end rackets can be had for cheaper from the other brands. But Yonex do sell themselves.

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  8. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Here’s the product page on the Yonex site: https://www.yonex.com/badminton/racquets/astrox/axnt

Specs make it seem like a cheaper Astrox 77 pro. Not sure why this model is necessary when there’s already the 77 tour. Also the material is just regular graphite, not high/ultra high modulus graphite.

#8 pootisfoib, Dec 18, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  9. decoy

decoy Regular Member

This racquet's price point reminds me a lot of the Arcsaber 8dx. Wasn't quite a full price flagship model, and it has some of the higher end tech so it wasn't priced in the mid range either.

But it seems weird for Yonex to do this now that the mid range is pretty fleshed out with the game and tour series'

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  10. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

After looking at the page, i am pretty sure this will be mid range racket

you can spot the differences at factory grip of yonex pro model and lower ones. Different

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

agree with you. Waiting for high end model soon. Retail must be 200usd

12. Baddyman#1

80 hole grommets! If that have any significant head dynamics over the 77pro. Said to be going into competitor's territory so not sure which racket they trying to go against/imitate ?

13. Schultzier

Competitor to the TKFe
    Victor TKF-enhanced is my bet. The Badminton Serve talked about how it was compared to the competition (menaing Victor, Li-Ning).

"Finished off with a matte finish, creating a luxurious and chic aesthetic"

14. Budi

Budi Regular Member

1st 80 grommet is not new. Forza had play 80+ hole if my memory doesnt fail me.
    2nd why now more hole when last time they reduce the hole claiming its better?

Its more or less are just another Yonex Gimmic.

tjiew likes this.
  15. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I foresee 5 years later yonex will introduce synthetic plastic grip and claimed that it's better than other brand. Lol

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

16. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    Victor, Gosen and Fleet (all made in Taiwan) had 80 grommets on their racket about 10 year ago.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

17. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

To go against @kakinami 's 3 strings in one shared hole :p

18. Schultzier

TOKYO, Japan – ASTROX racquets are revered for power, but strength is required to unlock the full potential. Strength is easier to unlock when the shot feeling is comfortable and requires less strain. The brand new ASTROX NEXTAGE is the key to unfiltered power with an addictive hitting feel. The racquet is designed for intermediate players looking for more power with a comfortable hitting feel, while advancing their game to the next level. ASTROX NEXTAGE will hit store shelves on January 17, 2023.

This new addition to the ASTROX series is designed with a newly innovated frame that absorbs impact, providing a revolutionary hitting feel with controlled shots. In addition to the Rotational Generator System that enables quick recovery for a continuous stream of powerful attacks, the bottom of the newly innovated frame is lined with Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM). This absorbs impact, making the shot feel softer and resulting in less strain. Wide diameter grommets have also been imbedded on the sides to hold the shuttlecock at impact and allow the player more control over their attacks. Overall, the shape and flexibility of the frame are precisely developed to enhance the speed and power performance of the racquet. The slim Aero Frame shape on top reduces air resistance, adding speed to each shot, and the flexibility of the frame sides result in energy transfer from the user into the shot, providing more power with ease. The overall frame construction creates the addictive feel of this racquet, enticing players to smash harder more frequently.

19. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Forza and Ashaway used to manufacture 80/88/96 grommet holes. Beside this model is mid range model. Can’t wait for JP model next year haha

20. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

This NextAge racket will be in a similar category as the Astrox/Arcsaber Tour rackets, hence Made in Taiwan. First impressions feel good :D