Astrox 9 vs Duora 77

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Vatsal Aggarwal, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Vatsal Aggarwal

Vatsal Aggarwal New Member

I am intermediate Badminton player and I am planning to enhance my skills. I looking for a good mid range racquet. I have read a lot about the astrox series and the duora series but I am not able to decide which one should I go for. My game style is attacking but I do want to improve upon my placement, slices etc. I play both singles and doubles but I prefer singles. And I am planning to participate in a tournament so which one should I choose? Also if there is any other options that I have missed, please let me know.

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I used the Duora 77 before in both singles and doubles. From what I can tell you that its medium flex compared to the Astrox 9, stiff. Duora is even balanced and Astrox 9 is head heavy. In terms of singles, you would need a head heavy racket but either way both rackets are good to get for singles and doubles. I guess if you want an easier racket to handle, just get the Duora 77. But if you're confident enough or have improved, get the Astrox 9.

3. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    Are you looking for even balanced racket or head heavy racket?

Those 2 rackets are of different specifications so it's hard to compare them.

Get what you like. I strongly disagree that singles need a head heavy racket.

Simeon likes this.
  4. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    You have a point.