Astrox 88D More power than Voltric Z Force 2

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Daniel2207, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Daniel2207

Daniel2207 Regular Member

Hi Guys,

I was recently able to get a hit with a 4u z force 2 and loved it felt my shots had som much control and power!

I have therefore decided to purchase this racket however since the 4u is more expensive than 3u I was deciding whether another racket would work just as well.

I noticed alot of pros have swapped to the astrox 88d for power even some singles players using it notably kento momota before he got the astrox 99.

The price for the rackets is virtually identical I have no doubt the z force 2 is still an amazing racket but would like to know your guys thoughts on the rackets and the benefits of both and if possible a recommendation on which racket to purchase.

I am trying to find one solid racket I can use and then purchase multiples of them. In the past I have had the Jetspeed 10 great racket but a tad to fast because I prefer playing singles. I am currently using a Voltric 7 but fell in love with the z force 2 after using it. The 4u frame could be a big reason since previously I felt the 3u and that was too much of a tire especially in doubles. I feel like the z force 2 is like a heavier jetspeed 10 without losing to much speed other than that similar speed but the smash is dominant on the z force 2. Love the precision on the z force 2 if you are naturally accurate this rackets benefits you greatly allowing those precision smashes for singles and tight.

Any help would be great thanks

2. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Have you considered using a 3U even balanced racket?

I personally have had a similar experience with you and was in a similar situation where I ultimately settled for a 4U ZF2. I no longer use my ZF2 but this was mainly because I felt like I got exposed harder when I played better and faster players in all events.

That being said, the ZF2 was a great racket and I do have experience using a 3U and 4U 88D. My picking order would probably be as follows: 3U 88D >= 4U ZF2 > 4U 88D

3. Hakhak

Hakhak Regular Member

Why would you prefer a 3U 88 D when playing better faster player ?
    Wouldn't 4U be easier to manoeuvre

4. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Yeah it probably would but from my experience the 88D isn't too heavy so they're pretty similar. Generally. I just found it was easier to generate power with the 3U 88D over a 4U ZF2.

5. Hakhak

Hakhak Regular Member

I see as I usually use 4U zf2 as well
    So i am deciding if I should get a 4U 99
    I tried the 4u 88d which seemed a bit too light

6. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Any reason why you're looking to switch? I'm not sure these 2 rackets will be too different.

I do agree that 4U 88D was too light and quite frankly so was the other 4U versions of the Astros line up.

7. BethuneGuy

BethuneGuy Regular Member

Student
    This might sound weird, but the 3u zf2 is the 'better' racket. Once you get used to the swing, everything is effortless. The drives aren't as quick, but they make up for it by being heavy.

8. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    if you have no qualms about buying SP version from overseas, use e78