Astrox 77 Pro - 2022

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Tha
    That's interesting. On Yonex chart 77Pro is meant to be head-lighter and less stiff compared to 88DP

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    So would this racket be preferred in 3U amongst players? I feel like 4U would be stiffer than 3U?

3. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Is there an updated racket matrix? I haven't seen one that includes the newer rackets, i.e. Arc 7 pro, 77 pro, etc.

4. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

Hi guys! I have a slight dilemma with my rackets. Ive been playing with the 99pro up untill this week. What basically happened was that I got myself a 77 pro in 4u strung with aerobite at 27. After the joy of my new purchase faded, I got to play with it a little and I basically find it borderline too flimsy. Its like the racket tries to cut corners as far as it possibly could without it becoming too noticeable. I do not know how I could describe it otherwise. The jump from the 99 might be big for my taste preference and I am now concidering the 88Dpro which I was having second thoughts about all along.

It might be a question of time and getting used to but has anyone felt the same about their 77 pro?

So far, this is a really fast racket. It shreds on drives and is great for nets. The drives feel magically effortless somehow I must add!

5. giggle

giggle Regular Member

maybe you
    I would suggest giving the first gen ax99 (orange) a try, especially one made prior to June/July 2018. It's not gonna be easy to find though... so maybe any other first gen ax99 (orange/blue) will be my suggestion to begin with..

6. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

Yes agree, 4U feels stiffer than 3U version.
    Stiffer means less power generated than flexible but give more control and speed.
    Lighter + stiffer, if you have a very good tech and fast swing, I think no problem using 4U version.

7. pootisfoib

Why would 4u be stiffer than 3u?

8. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

It's very personal feeling. According to your fittness / tech level too.
    And actually how your experience too in badminton racket technology.

Any way according to my own experience, why would 4U stiffer than 3U because the 4U version feels no more head-weight than 3U ver,

You can test 2 racket on same tension, same grip setting, same times, and same shuttle with same court, for example using same string such as using same BG66 at 28 lbs, the 3U racket will give you more snapy feels while contact with shuttle and 4U doesn't have it, the more weight give us more power, so .... the user feels 3U more flex than other. The shaft will bending more than 4U because 3U has heavier head weight,

This is the reason why yonex heavier racket have maximum recomendation +1lbs than lighter one. Lighter racket at the same type usually have more hollow feels than heaver one. But yes actually heavier not as fast as lighter version.

9. pootisfoib

Logically, 3u is heavier than 4u because 3u has more material, which means it's slightly more dense, so it's a bit stronger and can handle a higher tension. However, if 3u is more dense, then it would also be harder to flex. It's easier to bend a hollow tube than a solid tube.

fufu27 likes this.
  10. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

This logic is correct IF the delta in mass (and thus weight) is concentrated in the racket head. If the extra mass (and thus weight) is distributed evenly across the whole racket (ie head + shaft) then it is what @pootisfoib said

yenyesoh, fufu27 and pootisfoib like this.
  11. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

12. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

Not only just like that, 2 same rackets with same type + same spec will different too, I dont know why.

So, IMHO if the 4U feels stiffer to us, reduce tension or change string to softer one.

pootisfoib likes this.
  13. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Haha. I think for that case, it's more because of the QC factor (or the lack of) :D. I experienced this myself: I have 2 Jetspeed 12, both 3U, both German code. 1 is heavier than the other and the shade of the gray/purple is also a bit different between the two

fufu27 and pootisfoib like this.
  14. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

I have astrox 88d old (green red) and new colour (red white), both 4U. new colour have stiffer shaft compared to old one. So, it depends to our feeling LOL, enjoy badminton a lot.

DKCPH2018 and Khamenman like this.
  15. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I'm currently looking to upgrade my 88D (Green & Red) to a newer racket & was thinking about getting 77Pro. Has any owned this 2 rackets? Is it worth to get 77pro or continue on with 88DP? I play doubles most of the time & likes smashing the shuttle down :D

fufu27 likes this.
  16. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

I had an 88D Pro and am currently have a 77 Pro to back up my 100zz.

Personally I like the feeling of the 77 Pro better than the 88DP. I feel that is has a stiffer shaft and the feedback is better. 88DP I found had a slightly hollow feel. In terms of power generation I think the 88DP was better but the 77P is no slouch. You cant really go wrong with either. Both are really easy rackets to use. The difference for me anyways was in the feel.

yenyesoh likes this.
  17. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Thanks! I just ordered a 4U 77Pro as a birthday gift for myself :D Had it string at 28lbs using Kizuna z63x string, can't wait for it to arrive so I can test it out this thursday :D

fufu27 likes this.
  18. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

After broke, next string, try BG66 Briliant with 29lbs at 77pro, whatever 2 or 4 knots, and you'll probably agree to me that this pair will improve your badminton experience at all. Cz the hitting sound and the power are awesome

19. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

The string is still going strong for me, although I think the tension has reduced a lot. 29lbs, seems like a challenge haha, will try once the current string breaks.

fufu27 likes this.
  20. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

I have an experience before, different racket will have different feel with each tension and string, for example, now I use duora 10 old colour (3U5), I'm very comfortable with BG66 at 25 lbs, but when I use my ax77pro (4U5) with BG66 25 lbs my tennis elbow get tired with it, but after re-string with BG66 briliant at 29 lbs, incredibly my 77pro feels more crisp and easy to use with great repulsion, so I'm very confidence when I try use it, but in same time, my duora 10 still play with me.

And, when I change string my duora 10 to BG66 briliant at 29lbs, ohhh now this is nightmare, also when I use BG66 on my 77 pro 29 lbs too, the nightmare still happened LOL, I don't like it at all, my racket change into big vibrator LOL. But this is personal review only, deppending on your experienced

sorry my bad english.