Astrox 100 zz VS Astrox 88d pro (VS Astrox 77) - 4ug5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nihal, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Hello all,
    I currently have an Ax77 which I have been using for more than 6 months.
    My thoughts on it: Good racket, decent power and its not a wet noodle. Does not have as much power as 88d pro but I am pretty pleased with it, looking for a racket with more power but also has solid feel and versatility.

100zz is a good choice as I had swung it around 2 days back at the racket store nearby and it felt very quick but also head heavy and the 88d PRO also felt good and also felt as fast, maybe faster, than the 100zz.

I am yet to try both these rackets on court, so anyone with the rackets, please comments down below your thoughts on them.
    Also for references, I play singles and need a racket with generates power with quite a short swing, also when I I play doubles, I usually stand at back court though I would prefer not taking an ultimate sledgehammer as my racket.

2. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I'd say go for the 88DP, especially since you have a shorter swing. You can't go wrong with the 100ZZ, but I think the 88DP is more forgiving and user friendly, which is important in doubles.

Nihal likes this.
  3. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

True, I tried the 88dp recently and instantly fell in love with it, planning to get married soon ;) jk
    I have not tried the zz on a court but swung it around in the shop and it also felt very quick.
    Thats why I had the confusion
    But I Think I will have to go for 88dp as its more forgiving and also almost as powerful as the 100zz