Asking for suggestions on.....

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Yu Fei, Feb 25, 2000.

1. Yu Fei

Yu Fei Guest

<html>.....how to improve my condition physically. I'm trying out for my school's<br>team, and I admit that I'm not very good. I feel that a lot of it has to do<br>with my physical conditioning. The coach has been running us ragged in<br>drills, and my joints are really in pain... some team mates have worn the<br>skin off the bottoms of their feet and their feet are bleeding.<p>What are some exercises I can do on my own to improve my strength<br>AND stamina? I have no endurance at all... I can move fast for like one<br>rally and then I'm winded. I wanna try to do some exercises that will<br>improve my endurance... but I don't really know much about various<br>exercises and since I don't know what I'm doing, I don't wanna start<br>doing my own thing and then end up hurting myself.<p>Thanks in advance.
    </html>

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    <html>Bleeding feet sounds quite excessive....!<br>Just for starters:<br>Make sure you got the right shoes.<br>Wear some good quality thick sports socks.<br>If you think your badminton shoes are too thin on the soles, then get something like sorbathane to pad the inside.<br>Concentrate on getting footwork correct and also your recovery.<br>Don't go out for full anaerobic effort during every rally - there's really no point in running full speed for every single shot. Even the Pros don;t do that.<br>A lot of people will do some running but you need good shoes to minimise joint damage. Suggest doing cycling instead - it;s gentler.<p><br>: .....how to improve my condition physically. I'm trying out for my school's<br>: team, and I admit that I'm not very good. I feel that a lot of it has to do<br>: with my physical conditioning. The coach has been running us ragged in<br>: drills, and my joints are really in pain... some team mates have worn the<br>: skin off the bottoms of their feet and their feet are bleeding.<p>: What are some exercises I can do on my own to improve my strength<br>: AND stamina? I have no endurance at all... I can move fast for like one<br>: rally and then I'm winded. I wanna try to do some exercises that will<br>: improve my endurance... but I don't really know much about various<br>: exercises and since I don't know what I'm doing, I don't wanna start<br>: doing my own thing and then end up hurting myself.<p>: Thanks in advance.<p>
    </html>

3. Yu Fei

Yu Fei Guest

<html>: Bleeding feet sounds quite excessive....!<br>: Just for starters:<br>: Make sure you got the right shoes.<br>: Wear some good quality thick sports socks.<br>: If you think your badminton shoes are too thin on the soles, then get something like sorbathane to pad the inside.<br>: Concentrate on getting footwork correct and also your recovery.<br>: Don't go out for full anaerobic effort during every rally - there's really no point in running full speed for every single shot. Even the Pros don;t do that.<br>: A lot of people will do some running but you need good shoes to minimise joint damage. Suggest doing cycling instead - it;s gentler.<p>Thanks a lot.<p>I don't have time to go get sports socks... I'll just<br>wear two socks on each foot instead.<p>And I'll try cycling, also. That sounds like a good idea.<p><br>
    </html>

4. Laura

Laura Guest

<html> I know that one thing that really helped my badminton was running wind sprints. I'm not in the beat shape either, and I know that this has an effect on my badminton.<br> If you are like me and have knee problems, start by jogging and then stretching well. It helps. You could also do arm ( namely wrist) weights. <p><br>: : Bleeding feet sounds quite excessive....!<p>: : Just for starters:<br>: : Make sure you got the right shoes.<br>: : Wear some good quality thick sports socks.<br>: : If you think your badminton shoes are too thin on the soles, then get something like sorbathane to pad the inside.<br>: : Concentrate on getting footwork correct and also your recovery.<br>: : Don't go out for full anaerobic effort during every rally - there's really no point in running full speed for every single shot. Even the Pros don;t do that.<br>: : A lot of people will do some running but you need good shoes to minimise joint damage. Suggest doing cycling instead - it;s gentler.<p>: Thanks a lot.<p>: I don't have time to go get sports socks... I'll just<br>: wear two socks on each foot instead.<p>: And I'll try cycling, also. That sounds like a good idea.<p><br>
    </html>