Ask Li Yong Bo WHy BCL Lost

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by indra, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Ai Mei

Ai Mei Regular Member

Student in a High School
    hix hix hix so sad to heard that news
    bao2 lost from taufik
    c'mon bao...........jia you in the china Open
    don't lose anymore....be the no.1
    jia you bao.............jia you bao.................

OMG Simon lost.............hix why did he lose??? Oh no..............

2. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

It is ZJW ( I said before ''current chinese players''). I read in her blog. It was said that though LCW has good skills and smart plays but his overall ability is not strong.

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

LCW is currently considered the most dangerous opponent of the chinese players together with Taufik. And somemore LCW is not at his peak yet, im sure he will bacome even dangerous as time comes. I dont think any of the chinese dared to look down on him, maybe just some fans with pure ignorance does that :rolleyes:

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yeah i read that too. She said she had "saw" LCW played once b4.... maybe i suspect maybe 1 or 2 yrs ago? :p

5. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    yea,I saw that article on China Press. XXZ said it's difficult for Chong Wei to be able to compete with other top players in the world.
    I'm so dissapointed....my favourite player commented such thing about LCW!:crying:

6. xbro88

xbro88 Regular Member

nxt time he will be using middle finger... :D

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    well, looks like potential LCW to play with a chinese again. Lets see if LYB will do the same as in WC. Any cameras around?
    rgds

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dun cry, maybe the press is just making things up :cool:
    If sayin such things even after beaten 15-0 by LCW, then he is definitely making himself a joke!

9. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    perhaps...the media could have added to his words.

10. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    maybe XXZ got his points, he should have explained it..

But i don't think a 0-15 thrash by LCW means that XXZ couldn't comment, because XXZ was not at his prime. But, XXZ is qualified to make a comment because he's won something, he has won All England and World Champion. Today I believe LCW can thrash ZJH and YY 15-0 as well. Bear in mind that, LCW has achieved nothing yet compared to XXZ.

11. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

True. But he should not commented like LCW would not NEVER be a top class player, yes LCW might not yet a top class player then but he definitely IS now. And XXZ was NOT totally off form that time, he had beaten PG b4 went into finals and its an embarrassment as an former world champion to be beaten 15-0! For my opinion, that comment just sounded like sour grapes :rolleyes:

#51 zqloy, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  12. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    What comment did XXZ make actually?? :D

13. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

when was the comment made?

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, ok...

After reading this thread for a while, I think the angry fans from both sides (INA vs CHN) start to drag more and more victims into the match. LCW, XXZ, etc have nothing to do with TH vs. BCL (or with LYB), but somehow, their names being metioned, and worst, put it down to the ground, just because xxx said this, or yyy said that.

Please, all the pros deserve well respect, be the fact they were/are/will be great or not. They put in effort, bring entertainment for us, and we just finger point them like this???

1. Don't trust the media words 100%. Many times, they mis-understand the words, and even make up a story.

2. Even if an athlete might offense ur hero, no need to shout it back. Overall, everyone has his/her own point of view, maybe valid or maybe not. No need to take it very personally.

3. It's not fair to compare 2 generations of players, when their prime are clearly not overlaping. The young guns should not laugh the oldiest as they can't keep up the pace any more. The old crafties, no need to always being metioned in the "golden glory", and how much they can trash the young ones when they were too young to be even remembered.

Can we put aside all the pointless finger pointing issues? Overall, we love the sport, and we should respect it. :cool:

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Don't mean to start all such argument again but I find your "LCW can thrash ZJH and YY 15-0" claim ridiculous. LCW cannot even thrash players like Joachim Persson or Shoji Sato 15-0. I suggest you watch a great game just uploaded by (the great) Modious, in which a very out-of-form Dong Jiong easily manipulated a young, fast and powerful XXZ all around the court simply by hitting the shuttle to all four corners, with a little deception.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Definitely after the 0-15 loss. :)

Anyway, it seems to me that Chinese players are all brain-washed by LYB, including thoughtful ones like XXZ (sad). They really think everything LYB says are the truth and the only truth. In the ZJW case, I think she noticed that LCW is fast but not strong/powerful compared to Chinese MSs, and then concluded that of course (according to the current Chinese standard of "good players") LCW cannot reach the highest level.

#56 ye333, Oct 12, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  17. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Maybe TH just prepared better than the WC07 :D
    TH is a great player when he gets motivated... ;) :)

18. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

When he's motivated, he trains harder and gets better stamina, and is more concentrated and calm on court, I think that's all... and that's all he needs to beat others nowadays...

I think he indeed has never loved badminton and never wanted to fully realize his talent.

19. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Yeah, I agree! :D

20. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Yes.. I am agree with you. When taufik get motivated and nothing problems with him (injury, family problem, etc), he will be the great player and nobody can beat him.

His Forehand Smash speed = 298Km/hour and Backhand smash speed = 260Km/hour... So alot of player scare with him... He is completed player..

Now, Taufik, LCW, Peter Gade can beat the chinese player. The rest imposible.. I hope Taufik, LCW and Peter can gets motivated for Japan and China championship. So the championship can be like to see.