Asics Gel-Tactic or Asics Gel Floater?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by stantan, Nov 5, 2003.

1. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Now why would stores sell volleyball shoes when the majority of their clients play badminton? Is it more profitable for them to do that than to meet their clients needs? Perhaps they're limited to what they can bring in from Mizuno Japan. Volleyball shoes are usually heavier with more cushion but they're quite decent for badminton. Of course, nothing beats a shoe designed for badminton. I think those guys lose little in way of quality for getting what they got.

2. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Those sales guys at Monkok just don't care much the client's need. I love walkling around sports shoes shop ever since I was 13. Most of the sales just wanted to close the deal!!!!! Poor service and poor product knowledge.

3. muzikfreakah

muzikfreakah Regular Member

Monkok is exactly where my bro bought my shoes for me hehehe

#83 muzikfreakah, Dec 10, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  4. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

To support you conclusion that Mizuno badminton shoes and volleyball shoes are really the same, may I suggest that you try to play badminton wearing 9KV series Mizuno volleyball shoes and then 7KM series Mizuno badminton shoes. Then you can put up your review on their performance.

This certainly would be helpful to others.

I do not agree with your view that indoor volley and badminton really have kinda the same footwork.

I play badminton and don't play indoor volleyball. However I watch both games. There are similar footwork in certain aspect of badminton and indoor volley but there are certainly difference in other action.

Furthermore Badminton have single playing game. One player have to footwork to cover the whole court.
    Footwork of badminton double may have similarity with indoor volley (played by six player) on each side but there are also some difference.

I welcome other BFers who play indoor volleyball and badminton to contribute their views on this.

5. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I think badminton shoes should be for badminton and volleyball shoes should be for volleyball.

Most Mizuno I tried were more Volleyball oriented than badminton.

6. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    So we are very lucky in Hong Kong. So difficult to get from your place. Anyway, the Mizuno volleyball shoes are still better than YY's.

Do you think you can get the real Mizuno badminton shoes from mail through HK?

7. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    leehsim is our Mizuno expert here with profound knowledge.

I thought there were limited choices in Canada or somewhere overseas that our members had to make a compromise and suffer. Although these 9ks were meant to be for volleyballs, they were better than the YYs.

May be bluejeff or someone should start a mail service on Mizuno shoes.

8. newbi

newbi Regular Member

website designer for now
    leehsim:

so what do you suggest to people who doesnt have access to mizuno badminton shoes but only volleyball shoes..

i have yet to seen any here at Toronto, and i dont think any Bfer found any selling in Toronto either

i certainly dont want to buy yonex ones now.. from the things i have heard in the fourm.. they are way too expensive if they are not durable.

so what can you suggest to us?

newbi

9. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I suggest that you can scout around in your areas and personally try on Mizuno volleyball shoes and compare with other brand such as

Asics badminton shoes:Asics Combat, Asics Gel Rocket and Asics Gel
    Hi-Tec badminton shoes:Adrenalin Pro, Adrenalin Ultra, Venom XP 04 and Viper 400
    Karakal badminton shoes: XS-270
    Victor badminton shoes: Victor 813 Duratec Combat 3000 817 Duratec Trium 3000
    Wilson badminton shoes: Wilson Blitz or Wilson Boost
    The important thing is to try them on personally, and judge whether they really have features which give good protection to your feet for playing badminton.

If there is no other brands of the above, I suggest you use Mizuno volleyball shoes which may be the next best choice.

Afterall I have been wasting my money using Yonex badminton shoes until I have the golden opportunity to use Mizuno badminton shoes (only model available in Singapore: Mizuno Wave Gate). If I happen to fly by Hong Kong or Manila, I would try to look and purchase other models of Mizuno badminton shoes.

#89 leehsim, Dec 12, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  10. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    leeshum,
    you are so knowledgeable in this. do you consider to start a shoes mailing surface on Mizuno Bad shoes? your contribution to the member here will be unmeasurable.:D

11. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

Thanks to your compliment.

Your suggestion to start a shoes mailing order on Mizuno badminton shoes is not possible in Singapore as we have only 1 Mizuno model. In Singapore it is even quite difficult to persuade badminton player to switch from Yonex shoes to Mizuno.

I think there is potential for player in HK to take mail order for badminton playwer in North America region.

12. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    I mean selling the shoes worldwide: to satisfy the US/Canada's need. To my surprise, Mizuno is very inexpensive in HK but expensive in other part of the world. I went to Australia last month a running shoes pair (Creation 5 ) will cost aound HK1300 but HK is only half of the price.

So if you do it from Singapore, the total cost after mailing might be even cheaper to buy in USA.

Thank you for your contribution from your superior knowledge in the Mizuno shoes. You really help to clarify the cloud in Mizuno shoes helping us to make a "righter" and more informed choice. I really learn a lot from you.
    best regards
    red

13. newbi

newbi Regular Member

website designer for now
    can i know whats the difference between

Wave Smash SR (7KM-40009)
    and
    Wave Smash RP (7KM-41014)

is one for women one for men?

14. newbi

newbi Regular Member

website designer for now
    timeless.. in case u still want to know

the mizuno lightning at canucks stuff
    is $129.99 - $20
    so its $109.99 + tax (15%)

i just got mine toady :D

u think its a good deal?

15. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Damn! That's a GREAT deal:eek:! Even if they add on S&H, it's still cheaper than getting them at Racquets 'N Runners (local Vancouver specialty store). Do let us know about your Lightning experience:).

16. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Almost everything at Rackets and Runners are marked up. For example the same tennis grip selling for $10 at Tads, Racket and Runners price theirs at $11.25.

-dave

17. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Not much choice here if you want the latest and greatest. Gotta be prepare to pay through the nose if you're not willing to wait:(.

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The Smash SR is lighter by about 15%. Being lighter also means it costs more, although both are listed in Hong Kong at HK$560. However, both are 2004 models and will probably be replaced. These two shoes have holes at the bottom-strictly for indoor badminton.
    I will be getting a new 2005 model, 7KM-33014, with two holes at the bottom, this friday. I think it is heavier than the Smash models, but its construction is very similar to the now discontinued 7KM-34014, which is tops in anti-twist, heel and bottom rigidity characteristics. It is more expensive than the old 7KM-34014, retailing at Hk$480.

19. muzikfreakah

muzikfreakah Regular Member

Where are you buying it from taneepek? :) Which store in HK? Or better yet do you have a link for a complete list of 2005 badminton models for mizuno?

#99 muzikfreakah, Dec 20, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You can find them at the bigger Tokyo Sports stores in Kowloon, Hong Kong. They will tell you which are the new models, but they said they have no catalogs for 2005 when I asked for one.
    Normally, I check about Mizuno or Yonex badminton shoes at Tokyo Sports. I then buy them from two stores, one in Tuen Mun and the one in Kowloon (Inskysport). If these two stores don't have them, I end up buying from Tokyo Sports (only Mizuno) or from any one of the many stores in Mongkok.