Asian Games: Individual Event Badminton Final Day (21-Nov-2010)

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by chris-ccc, Nov 20, 2010.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah...yeah..for the OG 2008. Then 1 year later I joined BC and got to know you and like they say, the rest is history. Hehe.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    too bad u missed the chance
    haha
    come for next mo lah

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Iskandar & gang (including Goh SH) are under Hendrawan

4. lee-lee

lee-lee Regular Member

Doctor
    I agree! I think both LHJ and LYD were lucky to have each other as a partner for OG 08 but as one can see from AG 10, she is one heck of a lady! =)

She knows when to deliver and she executes it!! And I think this gold medal showed everyone she deserves to be recognized on her own right, not just LYD's XD partner. (since she was able to do it with SBC as well)

I would've LOVED it if LYD played XD here as well and they grabbed AG gold medal together (as one can see from my username, I'm a HUGE FAN of LHJ/LYD pair! =) but this way, she went out with a bang! She is one incredible badminton player (only Korean woman in history to grab all Olympic, Asian game, Uber, Sudirman cup, AE gold medals) and she will be remembered in her own right. Koreans were extremely lucky to have her present the country and we're so grateful for all her hard work, dedication and talent. =)

AGREE! Sometimes I admit, I was frustrated at some people who kept pointing fingers at her only for their loss. I felt sorry for her sometimes by some unnecessary harsh comments. So in a way, this was good for her that she earned another gold medal with SBC.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We should allow some lower ranked players to win some lower ranked tournament titles

Yes; Top players, like LCW and LD, should not participate in GP Gold tournaments. We have SS tournaments organised for them.

We should allow some lower ranked players to win some lower ranked tournament titles.

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    agree.. I also feel that current batch doesn't have enough determination to push forward and keep on fighting to win... to find another one like LCW is gonna be hard... LCW plays badminton because it's what he wants to do from day one... but our current back-up players? so hard to tell ... maybe still not whole-heart... is that what caused the likes of Liew Daren, who I once considered to be LCW in the making, to give up easily in some matches with numerous unforced errors? Haiya, dunno la...:confused:

7. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    yes 80% agree with u...maybe BWF should make new regulation for this issue

8. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    yes she rejected me =.="

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I consider LCW and LD too strong, like participants in heavyweight division in Boxing

Glad that you 80% agree with me. :):):)

I consider LCW and LD too strong, like participants in the heavyweight division in Boxing (the sport). It would be cruel for them to step in the ring to 'box' against participants in lighter weight divisions.

Let's look at the different divisions in Boxing;

WBA and WBC Weight Classes:

The World Boxing Association and World Boxing Council categorize boxers in several divisions.
    They are:
    1. mini flyweight, up to 105 lb.;
    2. light flyweight, up to 108 lb.;
    3. flyweight, up to 112 lb.;
    4. super flyweight, up to 115 lb.;
    5. bantamweight, up to 118 lb.;
    6. super bantamweight, up to 122 lb;
    7. featherweight, up to 126 lb;
    8. super featherweight, up to 130 lb.;
    9. lightweight, up to 135 lb.;
    10. super lightweight, up to 140 lb.;
    11. welterweight, up to 147 lb.;
    12. super welterweight, up to 154 lb.;
    13. middleweight, up to 160 lb.;
    14. super middleweight, up to 168 lb.;
    15. light heavyweight, up to 175 lb.;
    16. cruiserweight, up to 200 lb.;
    17. heavyweight, over 200 lb. There is no upper limit in the heavyweight division.

GP Gold tournaments should be reserved for participants in the cruiserweight division or lower. ;););)

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..thanks for those providing the blow by blow coverage of both Finals~fun read! I'm amazed at how you guys were able to stay on top of the coverage with BC lagging...i also noticed volcom was nowhere to be seen during the MS Final; i take it he was glued to the livestream and was very kancheong throughout??..:p
    ..i saw the XD match, great match btw from the KOR pair and imo. One thing i noticed, Zhang Nan seemed to lack variety in his shots (he instead would go the "smash-it-all" route rather than combine his shots with some drops). In a few instances, i noticed SBC was standing so far back and had the forecourt open, Zhang Nan would've been better in just making a drop shot. Of course, ZYL's below avg performance added to their already out-of-sync performance. LHJ definitely played like a veteran, she was indeed the difference.
    ..ZYL didn't even break a sweat in the team event..;)
    ..and i was expecting LD to do another dance after this win, too bad..;)
    ..abedeng, thanks for providing the brief coverage on Fri. and Saturday..i didn't know you're planning to go to AG?..Btw, did you get the tickets to watch through scalpers? or another way?..

#650 ctjcad, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010