Asian Badminton Championships: Day 3 (30/03)

Discussion in 'Asian Badminton Championship 2006' started by badMania, Mar 29, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

All except 1 match have been completed in MD:
    As expected, Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto beat Thomas Kurian/V. Diju 21-10, 21-16. They will face the Malaysian World Junior Champion Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong in the quarter-final tomorrow.

The young Chinese pair Shen Ye/He Hanbin also won as expected and they will face Hwang Ji Man/Jung Tae Kuk next.

Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan got a walkover...so maybe either Lee Jae Jin or Han Sang Hoon is injured...phew! They will face the Malaysian evergreen pair Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah in the match of the round tomorrow. The 2 pairs have been beating each other over the past few encounters. Markis/Hendra beat them in Indonesia Open. However, they lost to the Malaysian in the SEA Games team-event final. With Lee Wan Wah still not in top form, I think Markis/Hendra will win!

Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto beat Thomas Sanave/Rupesh Kumar 21-16, 21-18....still very unconvincing. They will need to be in their top form to beat either Gan/Abdul Latif or Chew/Tan.

#41 badMania, Mar 30, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  2. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    who knows the result of Boonsak vs Roslin? I think the match is finished.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Still not updated yet....dunno also :D
    Only 2 matches are still without results: Boonsak vs Roslin and Gan/Abdul Latif vs Chew/Tan.

4. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Simon beat LCW at the individual event but lost to WCH in team event.

Indonesia players (Sonny, Simon and Luluk/Alven) tend to win in individual events and made major blunder in team event if they met tough opponents.

#44 hcpoirot, Mar 30, 2006
  5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Boonsak beat Roslin....13-21, 21-12, 22-20.

MEN'S SINGLES QUARTER-FINAL
    Lee Chong Wei vs Poompat Sapkulchananart -- the Thai might suprise yet again
    Park Sung Hwan vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro -- another candidate for match of the round. Tough test for Sony and I hope he can win.
    Chen Yu vs Jang Young Soo
    Boonsak Ponsana vs Simon Santoso (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- Simon's confidence must be pretty high after beating Hafiz out. Can he reach his first semi-final in a major event by beating Boonsak tomorrow? I hope so, but my money is on Boonsak.

6. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Japan WD had a bad results in ABC 2006.

Their first WD lost to Singapore WD. And the second pair lost to unknown China WD. Not to mention Kanako lost to India WS.

With this results Korea and also Netherlandhad a big big chance tobe Uber runner up this year.

I don't know what happen with the Japan WD. After they play so well last year, this year their results so far are not very good. (with or without new scoring) Probably their opponents already know their style and tactic of playing.

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    wonder where has roslin been for so long...this is the first tournament he's joined since....when?

8. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Before this tournament start, I predict that Indonesia MS will had the worst results compare with Malay or Korea palyers.

But it turns out that the Malay MS had the worst results here. They send 10 of their top players. (minus WCH and then KBH injured) and only LCW can reach the QF.

Taufik, Peter, Kenneth, Lee Hyun Il and Chinese top MS didn't even play here.

Not good considered that Thomas Cup will begin less than a month.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The younger Malaysian pair of Gan Teik Chai/Abdul Latif Mohd Zakry beat their compatriot 21-17, 16-21, 21-10 to reinforce their claim as possibly Team Malaysia's no 3 pair after CCM/KKK and CTF/LWW. However, Rexy will have a headache of whether to choose this pair or the other young pair of Mohd Tazari Mohd Fairuzizuan/Lin Woon Fui as the third pair to take to the Thomas Cup.

MEN'S DOUBLES QUARTER-FINAL
    Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto vs Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong -- the young Malaysian pair is no easy opponent. Candra/Sigit will have to be at their best.
    Shen Ye/He Hanbin vs Hwang Ji Man/Jung Tae Kuk -- the more experienced Korean pair should win.
    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- expect a thrilling and explosive match. The younger Indonesian pair might yet again win if they play the right strategy from the very beginning
    Gan Teik Chai/Abdul Latif Mohd Zakry vs Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto -- a close candidate for match of the round. Can Luluk/Alvent have their revenge after losing in the AE quarter-final 2 mths ago? On paper, they should prevail!

10. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

The MD matches specially between Indonesia and Malaysia also will be very important for Thomas Cup strategy later if tey meet.

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Man I think your way of putting it is kind of misleading. Zhang Jun's partner is another Zhang Wei. This Zhang Wei is a young guy. The two "wei"'s are different characters in Chinese.

#51 ye333, Mar 30, 2006
  12. alloh

alloh Regular Member

:crying: Reiko lost .....
    No mood to watch ABC liao lah !!!!
    Wa mai .... wa mai liao..... ~!

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well....I didn't know that this Zhang Wei is a new and young player. Thanks for the correction.

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Aiyyaa, got other cute girls for u to see ... Besides the Singapore girls really do deserve their win, they did well in CG last week and only lost to Wong/Chin's experience and formidable defence.

15. kemana

kemana Regular Member

thank you for the correction:)
    this is certainly a good news for team Indonesia

16. alloh

alloh Regular Member

Hey, come on ah~! I am not that "flower heart" one ok?
    I don't simply look at other girl and change heart lah.
    I hope the japs girls Shiota/Ogura will have better performance then. Otherwise thier badminton career might end soon :(
    Their only achievement is the Denmark Open 2005 as the winner. The rest all .... aiii ..... no eye to see lah.

Reiko-San .... my heart will go on~!

17. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    And there goes the "Titanic" theme song ... ;)

Mebbe coaches should make rules, all international women's players must be cute as well as talented (like those in tennis). With them around, there will not be any shortage of interest or sponsorship, cute girls sell better ... :D

We can then dispense with the terrible 21 pts every rally game and go back to 15 pts server only set.

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Peter/Kenneth cannot compete in ABC as they are not representing asian country. They shall compete in european championships.