Asian Badminton Championships: Day 3 (30/03)

Discussion in 'Asian Badminton Championship 2006' started by badMania, Mar 29, 2006.

1. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    What a headache! :eek: :p
    Thanks for the information SmartCivet! :)

2. tino4

tino4 Regular Member

where did u get the result?

3. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    Poompat beat NG Wei 21-17, 21-18, another upset.
    successive win over LEE Tsuen Seng/Li Yu/NG Wei, Poompat is becoming a upcoming star.

4. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
  5. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes, this is a nice tournament for him.
    Next round against Lee Chong Wei will be VERY hard though... :rolleyes:

6. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
  7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

YUP....he has shown his potential since his win over Sony in Jaipur last mth. At that time, I have not even heard of him! So, Sony has some excuses of not winning that tie.

Poompat faces LCW next....chance of upset is still there...but pretty slim. LCW is playing like a champion now and only Lin Dan or an in-form Taufik will beat him currently.

Sony is still unconvincing after a 3-set victory over Yeoh Kay Bin 21-6, 20-22, 21-14. He has to play better to defeat Park Sung Hwan in the quarter-final tomorrow.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The Indian gals are having one of their better tournaments. Trupti Murgunde beats yet another fancied opponent...this time Kanako Yonekura in 2 close sets: 21-17, 21-19. Can she make it 3 in a row by beating Chen Li tomorrow?

However, Saina Nehwal could not follow her compatriot's footstep after losing in 3 sets....despite taking the lead in the first and yet another close score in the rubber: 21-16, 10-21, 19-21. The other seeded players progress as expected.

WOMEN'S SINGLES QUARTER-FINAL
    Wang Chen vs Eriko Hirose (MATCH OF THE ROUND)
    Lee Yun Hwa vs Jiang Yanjiao
    Trupti Murgunde vs Chen Li
    Seo Yoon Hee vs Kaori Mori

#28 badMania, Mar 30, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Newsflash!

Wow...Simon made it to the quarter-final! He has just beaten Mohd Hafiz Hashim 21-17, 21-16. A good result for him...and he should have a chance against either Boonsak or Roslin.

What happen to Hafiz? He was out of the CG team and yet still lost this time! At this rate, WCH will take up the second singles spot and KBH the third!

Women's Doubles seem to be playing now. Wong/Chin and Lim/Quay made it through to the quarter-final easily. Chien/Cheng is also through after straight-forward victories over Mooi/Fong. Meanwhile, Jiang/Li beat the cute Jap pair of Ogura/Shiota 21-18, 21-14 in the match of the round. A good result for them. They have a tougher match against possibly Du Jing/Yu Yang next.

#29 badMania, Mar 30, 2006
  10. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

cool for simon... at least he prove him self today

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Your prediction is spot on....Simon did win and its pretty close!
    I predicted Hafiz to win....BUT I am happy with the results :D

12. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

Means after this, Hafiz will play as 3rd MS in Thomas Cup??? and WCH will be the 2nd MS?

from the ranking table

8[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 12370 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HASHIM[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Muhd Hafiz B [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25654 [/FONT]
    9[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 4240 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WONG[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Choong Hann [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAS [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25589 [/FONT]

Wong.C.H is just 65 points away from Hafiz and Hafiz has to deduct away his previous point earned from Thailand Open 2005.

Points to deduct from older event

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]4/3/2005[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]SIAM CEMENT THAILAND OPEN 2005[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]3*[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3600.00 Winner[/FONT]

am I right?
    someone who r good at it, care to tell?

13. kemana

kemana Regular Member

wah , that is really good for Simon!~:D
    did i remember it wrong? i think he beat hafiz in the sea game too.

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I have done my own calculations:
    WCH's points will be 24869 prior to Thomas Cup Finals. This includes the deduction of 1920 from Japan Open 2005 and 1200 added from Singapore Open 2005. He will be playing second singles.

KBH's points will be 22715, after deducting 1440 from Siam-Cement Thailand Open 2005 and 1920 from Japan Open 2005; adding 1350 each for 2 events: Djarum Indonesia Open 2005 and China Masters 2006. Wow...he nudges ahead of Hafiz to become the third singles now.

Hafiz's points will be 22234, after deducting 3600 from Siam-Cement Thailand Open 2005 and 1920 from Japan Open 2005; adding 420 from Wilson Badminton Swiss Open 2006 and 1680 from Asian Badminton Championships 2006.

Thefore, you are right....WCH will be second singles and KBH will be third singles. Yap Kim Hock can afford to drop Hafiz. Definitely bad news for Hafiz.....but overall may not be that bad for Malaysia?

#34 badMania, Mar 30, 2006
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

He beat LCW in the SEA Games individual event while Sony beat Hafiz.

16. tutu_h

tutu_h Regular Member

in this case, the most POSSIBLE line up bt. INA and MAS in the Thomas Cup will be:

LCW vs Sony
    WCH vs Simon
    KBH (or Hafiz) vs Markus
    KKK/CCM vs Candra/Sigit
    LWW/CTT vs Alven/Luluk

*if Taufik is confirmed not playing.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A grim prospect for Team Indonesia :(

First, we will see how far can Sony and Simon progress in the ABC. Sony will have a chance to play LCW if he beats Park Sung Hwan tomorrow. Bad news is...Park won their last encounter in the HK Open 2005.

18. event

event Regular Member

A lot of these results are giving things to think about before the Thomas/Uber Cup events.

Lee Yun-hwa of Korea took out Taiwan's top player. Lee Yun-hwa kicked butt in the 2004 UC so I won't be surprised to see her as the 3rd singles in some matchups.

Jun Jae-youn, on the other hand, losing to an unknown from Hong Kong. That's not promising. Korea needs to score a point from singles if they want to finish 2nd again. Seo Yoon-hee's performance against Mori will give a hint about another key matchup.

Hafiz losing to Simon. Thanks badMania for that reference to the SEA Games. It is worth noting that there are certain tournaments that Indonesians just seem to do well in. ABC is sort of in that category but the Thomas Cup is definitely moreso. It sort of makes you think that at least we might see Indonesia in the final against China rather than Malaysia. No matter how many Malaysians Sony and Simon beat, though, unless I see it with my own eyes, I won't believe that Indonesia can beat China without Taufik healthy and committed.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Hmm...Yip Pui Yin is not really an "unknown" player. She's been in the circuit for quite some time now...and she could surprise us once in a while. Korea's women singles is unfortunately in a bad shape. Korea vs Japan should be an interesting matchup.

Even with the encouraging results, as an Indonesian myself, I have more or less given up on the prospect of Indonesia winning the Thomas Cup. I think Denmark stands a better chance of "stealing" the Cup from China.

Results from recent China Masters 2006
    Peter Gade bt Lin Dan
    Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen bt Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun
    Kenneth Jonassen bt Chen Hong

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

2nd round matches in WD have been completed. Not much surprises, except for perhaps Jiang/Li beating Ogura/Shiota as reported earlier and the emergence of yet another young Chinese pair Zhao Yunlei/Cheng Shu. They beat the more experienced Tomomi Matsuda/Aki Akao in 3 sets: 21-14, 16-21, 23-21.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES QUARTER-FINAL
    Wong Pei Tty/Chin Ee Hui vs Lim Pek Siah/Joanne Quay Swee Ling
    Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Zhao Yunlei/Cheng Shu -- a tricky tie for the Chinese Taipei pair...but they should prevail.
    Pan Pan/Tian Qing vs Saralee Thungthongkam/Sathinee Jankrajangwong -- Pan/Tian could sneak a win here....but I am still picking Saralee/Sathinee to win.
    Du Jing/Yu Yang vs Jiang Yanmei/Li Yujia (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- I hope the Singaporean could win...but Du/Yu should be more superior.