Around £50 to play with for new shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by WarrenK, Jul 4, 2011.

1. WarrenK

WarrenK Regular Member

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting new badminton shoes and was wondering what's the best kind for around £50 mark.

are the Asiscs gel task men any good. or would i be better at getting another type.

Thanks.

oh and could someone also tell me about the sizes. i'm a size 7.5 uk normally for shoes etc.

Warren

2. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

For £50 you could get quite near the high end (Yonex SHB 101, 92Mx, some Asics just to name a few) so you'll be spoilt for choice. In general, the Asics are heavier than the Yonex, but that's due to the Asics having a lot more cushioning.

For asics I'd go with your normal shoe size, yonex a 0.5 size up.

3. WarrenK

WarrenK Regular Member

Thanks Gsloh i've went for the Yonex SHB101 as you say. So thanks for the advice.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Heh - I've just got some 101LTD from eBay (the red ones, not the daft ones) - paid £54 with shipping. It's amazing how stuff that was top of the range six months ago will see its price fall through the floor when the next lot are released. The 101LTD - and 101M, actually - look brilliant; I just have to wait for my swollen broken toe to calm down before I can be sure they'll fit properly.

With Yonex shoes, I've found, the length is never a problem: it's the width. My old 99LTD are, I've discovered, a freakish oddity in the YY line in that they're actually the correct width for the length. I'm told the old 100LTD are the only other ones to get it right.

5. Mamun

Mamun Regular Member

IT Manager
    Hi,

Im in a similar dilemma to OP looking for new shoes with a budget of £50.

I play doubles recreationally at intermediate level 1 to 2 times a week. I suffer from a bad left knee and therefore would like something with some cushioning. My current Hi-Tec squash hurt my knee and my Nike running shoes i feel will sprain my ankle so i cannot play fully in them.

I have seen the Asics Gel Rocket, SHB 59U, SHB86, SHB 101LTD and various other Yonex shoes on clearance which fall within my budget. Unfortunately i cannot get the SHB-200 in my size (UK 10.5) which i think would have provided me with the best cushioning.

Asics Gel Blade 3 are out of budget.

Not quite sure which to go for within this budget as there are so many different/conflicting views.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks