Armortec (some questions)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AznDude, Dec 2, 2007.

1. xuguochuan

xuguochuan Regular Member

i thought u still thinking... if u think AT700 is good then go ahead...is only buying a racket, not buying a wife:)

2. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Can you please explain to me how this is?

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    The durabilities are all around the same in 3U. Just dont' hit a wall or something. 4U would be fragile.

4. xuguochuan

it is more hollow...the saleman at 10n10 told me dont buy AT900T , breakage mostly occur at frame 4o'clock:crying:

5. xuguochuan

it is more hollow...the saleman at 10n10 told me dont buy AT900T , breakage mostly occur at frame 4o'clock:crying:

6. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

lol not choosing a wife =) hmm im not sure if the AT 900 T breaks easily but i tried it. The racquet is pretty good, excellent control and pretty good power when you hit the sweet spot but the problem is i haven't tried 900 P or 700 so its hard to make a comparison. Based off forum knowledge the 900 P and 700 are heavier (you get tired faster) and more powerful but possibiliy less control and defense

7. lovegas

lovegas Regular Member

interior consultant
    Actaully the 3U 900T SP is as durable as AT 700(own 1 old color, 1 new color sold), one of mine 900 T which is stringed @ 26 ib suffered dragging, hitting against the floor, frames crashes, acting as a walking stick etc... finally my dbl partner who is a beginner ended the suffering of his AT700 and mine (900T) with his tennis trademark smash:mad: from behind.

Imo so far, it doesnt feel hollow when playing and it isn't. In fact I saw it with my own eyes its frame are fill with grey graphite and yellow sponge like stuff(elasti part) inside it, not sure abt the shaft though.

#67 lovegas, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  8. xuguochuan

if u r looking for a 10/10 racket than sorry to tell u it does not exist..:crying:..
    more power=less control n speed
    more control n more speed=less power
    time is precious...start working on ur footwork instead:)

9. xuguochuan

maybe the 10n10 saleman got no more stock for AT900t, thats y he try to swing me over to buy AT900p..anyway didnt buy from 10n10...bought my AT900p at GALA sport queenway shopping center instead..$10 cheaper with bg66..:)

10. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

hmmm i agree with this. That is why i am hesitatiing to buy the AT 900 P because it seems to be the most extreme sacrifice of control and speed for power i want to get something that leans towards more power but less sacrifice maybe like 60 - 70 % power 30 - 40 % control if 100% is max ( obviously just a ranking scale not saying its the truth etc etc)

i feel that AT 900 P is more of 80 - 90 % power 10 - 20 % control

11. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If you think of it this way, your techniques will improve, and your abilities to weild your racquets will improve as well. For my 3U AT700, I hold all the way at the bottom (making it feel as heavy as possible), but being to slow for defense has never been a problem. I've played with my dad's new Tio tighter, then your responsiveness will get increased as well. But for shots like drops, a head heavy racquet will be harder to control... but like I said before, it's not terrible, and you'll be able to make up for it with a bit of extra work. I mean, a player with a head heavy racquet can play defense and touch shots, and a player with a head light racquet can play offense, and power shots.

12. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

You guys are over analyzing the situation. I've seen people playing with $10 racket and still played better than me with my $200 ones. It did not seem to bother them that much at all. In my opinion, good players can do with any rackets and they will play better with good racket for sure.

13. lovegas

lovegas Regular Member

interior consultant
    I have seen friends with 900T smashes well juz as i seen 900P players defend well with it, you should choose your racket depending on whether you like the feel of the racket. Ultimately no matter what, most of us can't fully utilized the AT 900 potentials coz we r not LCW or LinDan, the bottom line is whether you are having fun with your new toy.

14. xuguochuan

in this case, u may want to try AT500...made in japan, good feel, used by LCW before, price ok $170 SGD or less, power n control n speed 50/50/50(well balances)....:)
    i am using AT900p now(power 80%, control 20%)...most likely i will choose AT500 as my next purchase.

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Er, where did you buy the latter? :confused:
    and for how much? :rolleyes:

16. xuguochuan

(where)=marriage agency for oversea brides...
    (how much?)=depends on which country they are from..

17. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

You may buy marriage, but not own your wife like a racket. Since the topic deals with a sort of other sensitive issues. Let's not discuss here anymore. We're all trying to be funny before the next SS event.

18. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

i tried the AT 500 before i think its too balanced like the mp 99 its around 50/50 im looking for one like 70 power 30 def lol thanks for that option anyways

19. xuguochuan

not trying to be funny..marriage is a serious matter..just answering OLDHAND question...

20. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

Just buy an 3u at700, it will give you the power you want.