Armortec (some questions)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AznDude, Dec 2, 2007.

1. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

oo nice post very informative thank you... i tried the AT 900 Technique today the control of the racquet is extremely decent but because i just borrowed it from my friend on power shots i kept on missing the sweet spot, the first thing i observed was is the sweet spot is much smaller compared to other racquets but when i hit it the power was ok not as strong as 700 i would think

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Pls note that stiffness is not measured on the flex of a racquet's shaft. Of course AT700 will have a more flexible shaft than AT900 because it has a longer shaft. But that is not how stiffness is measured. Stiffness is measured as a property of the materials (uhmg, hmg, etc), and in this respect the extra stiff rating of AT700 means it has stiffer graphite materials than AT900 but yet feels more flexible because of a longer shaft. Very stiff uhmg materials are very suitable for long shaft racquets to get that extra power. Using less stiff materials on a longer shaft racquet will lose power and control.

3. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

when people say its a singles racquet of doubles racquet does that really matter? for example according to Athelete1234 its a doubles racquet because of the grip length (extra long grip) but lets say i bought AT 700 and used it for doubles would i be stupid? lol

4. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    I use AT700 for both. I'm not stupid. LCW, Taufik use AT900P for singles; they're not stupid. Xie xongbo, Tony G, previously Candra W, use AT700 for doubles, they're not stupid. It doesn't matter what the developers say; that extra 1 cm in grip may help for doubles, but that doesn't mean a shorter racquet can't be used for doubles. Just pick the racquet you like.

5. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

ic ic interesting... ya im so indecisive at a loss... i guess im leaning more towards AT 900 P cuz its new and its got more technology but at the same time more expensive

6. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I had used both AT800OF and DF before, and more recently AT900P. First I bought DF and OF TH. I liked DF so much, it broke two week later when I hit with another racket. I was forced to use OF and hated it because of head heavy. But I could not get rid of it. Buying another DF US about two months later, I had hard time getting back to the same feeling I had with DF TH because I got used to head heavy OF. I ended up playing OF and every time the string broke I would use DF US, but it just don't feel right. Now I have a couple of OF and a new Power in case string gets broken. There is not much difference between OF and Power except you presume your game would be helped by the best racket on the market. So what you get? Get a couple of the same ones and stick to them You would be fine whether they are DF, OF, T, or P. I don't think singles or doubles rackets mater that much since you alone will hit a given birdie at any given time.

7. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

yes what your saying works but if i was that rich i would not consider anything i would buy everything i want lol

8. takeshi

takeshi Regular Member

It doesn't matter what type of racket you use, wheather Yonex, wilson, etc..or whatsoever models....head heavy, etc, etc,etc...
    important is it suits you. No point you buy such an expensive racket but you arm not strong enough to handle it.

9. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

yes like i didn't know that -_- if i magically knew that suits me i wouldn't ask -_-

10. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Everyone, please calm down.
    AznDude, does your friends have some of these rackets you can try out? That will help you decide which one suits you better.

11. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

haha im not upset or anything the internet tone can be confusing i was just trying to be scarcastic and yes i tried out my friends AT 900 T and my other friend has a power

12. takeshi

takeshi Regular Member

If you study carefully, most Yonex expensive rackets are heavy & sturdy. Those pro players doing weight training, so it's suitable to them. Their arm are strong. If they use light racket, it's like holding a feather.

So people have long arms, short arms, strong swing, etc, etc.... You have to try each rackets yourself. Your friend said this model A is good for him may not suits you.

That's y there are so many variation in the market. It's like choosing a shirt for yourself.

13. nsync

nsync Regular Member

Ya, i truly agree with takeshi :D
    try it out yourself, when someone said its good, but it dosen't mean good to you. :D

14. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Don't get me wrong. Restringing may take awhile here depending on the availability. I had strings broken on 2 OF at the same time and had to wait for three weeks for them to be fixed. An unfortunate event that resulted in me getting the Power at the time. All I'm saying is any racket will work for you if you keep playing for awhile. If you can get string fixed on time, no need to have two of the same kind.

15. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

ya, i agree its about getting use to a racquet but i guess AT 900 P might be too extreme maybe going for the 700 haha still thinking

16. xuguochuan

xuguochuan Regular Member

At700 is like holding a hammer..heavy and no feel at all.. buy AT900p u will like it...

17. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

lol? DAMN everytime i come close to making a decision someone has to swing me back to square one lol

18. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    If you can't decide between AT900P or AT700, you can get the AT900T, it's right in the middle. I can even let you try it out if you're living in HK.

19. NovJoe

NovJoe Regular Member

IT
    lol...

AznDude, I can perfectly understand your feelings right now. I have the same problem when choosing a new racket to replace my old.

In the end, I bought an AT150 - restring with Ashaway .66 and few months later, I bought another Ashaway AT900SQ - restring with BG66. Restringing takes about 1 day to a week here in Singapore.

Mainly I have both rackets that are head heavy as I'm a more offensive player but a different level of play depending whether I'm playing with a more offensive opponent vs team-mate.

20. xuguochuan

xuguochuan Regular Member

either u buy AT500 or AT900...AT900T is very easy to break. it is more hollow thats why its lighter.