Armortec (some questions)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AznDude, Dec 2, 2007.

1. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

Hey i recently just broke my racquet and i was thinking of buying a new one. Im deciding between the Armortec 900 power and the armortec 700.. For a doubles player which racquet woudl be better? People say that the Armortec800 OF was for doubles is the AT 900 power an "improvement" of the AT 800 OF (thus its suited for doubles) Somethings i noticed was, AT 700 is mostly a singles racquet...

Thanks in advance
    AznDUDE~

#1 AznDude, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

Both these rackets you've mentioned are least beneficial to doubles because it's slow transitioning. Basically the light and easier to move with, the better racket for doubles. Now that's been said, the obvious choice if you must, pick 1 of these 2, the At700 would be better choice.

The At900-P is "improvement" of power compared to 700 but the defense also wears away with the strength gained.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Neither IMO. As far as quickness is concerned, which is preferred for doubles, I would rather go for the Armortec 900T. Great manouverability and more than sufficient power. Hope it helps.

4. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    i played doubles with the AT700 ok. lovely feel and power, and defence was ok too. I dont think a racket will slow you down too much to be honest. Sadly, the racket broke, so dont get too attached if you hit the frame sometimes.

5. Vincent604

I agree with madbad for getting the AT900-T, it's a superior choice for doubles.

6. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

is it really? why do doubles play use like AT 800 and fu is like ti 10 ... if AT 800 is a doubles racquet and AT 900's are improvements of 800's wouldn't that mean that AT 900 are suited for doubles?

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Yes, but the correct versions of them. The AT-800 Def (I still use it) is my choice for doubles. The Off version is more clumsy and I would say less suited for doubles. Likewise, The AT-900 T, which is the "improved" version of the AT-800 Def, is a quicker doubles racket than the "P" version. You must realise just because the pros use the rackets you quoted, it doesn't mean it works for us mere mortals. I am speaking from experience and from user contributions on what are the preferred rackets for doubles. As many have quoted on BC, try them out for yourself first before buying. Don't be caught up in what's the latest/best/trendy racket only to find you don't like it. Hope it helps.

mb

8. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

o what u said does make sense i agree.. but some people advised me to buy the 900 power because im more of the smashing and offensive player and i tried the technique the power it gives IN MY OPINION is very low compared to the AT 700/At 900P, so i think this will be a problem. Also another thing is u rarely see anyone play doubles with AT 700.. it was said to strictly be a singles racquet for some reason.

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Your over reliance on a "power" racket (AT-900P/AT 700) tells me the power aspect of your technique is suspect and you need these rackets to compensate for it. Perhaps you should review this first before deciding on a new racket.

10. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

so your saying u should smash just as hard with any racquet -_-?

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Not necessarily. What I am saying is that with proper technique, you should be able to generate enough power with most rackets. Besides, should you also not be looking at what these other rackets can bring to your game other than smash power?

12. Vincent604

900P is a very extreme racket... sacrificing alot of defense for power.. USUALLY not worth it for doubles.
    What madbad is trying to say is that, if u find a problem with 900t's smashing power, then there's something fishy about your technique because even though the 900t is said to be defensive, its still fking good for smashing.

#12 Vincent604, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Couldn't have said it better myself

14. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

not sure if there is a problem but its definately not as strong as 900 p and i realize u sacrifice defense but don't lots of people still use AT 800 OF? isn't it exactly the same concept?

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

As far as I know, no one here uses AT-800F for doubles. Many don't even use it for singles as it's so hard to handle.

16. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

eh really? where i am many people use at 800 OF for doubles as yonex named it a doubles racquet haha does "weight" of the racquet really affect defense much?.. drives i would agree but doesn't keeping your racquet up fix the problem? in terms of smash blocking i dont know

17. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Another factor that you find the AT900-T not making enough power can be caused by the different string / tension combination used. Don't worry about what the "PROs" use, because they're professional athletes.

18. AznDude

AznDude Regular Member

hmm im lost haha about which one to buy

19. Vincent604

Basically, we've all suggesting the AT900-T. But if you must pick 1 of the 2 power rackets, the the AT700 would be better for doubles compared to the AT900-P.

20. NovJoe

NovJoe Regular Member

IT
    1 simple Qn: Are you mostly a defensive player or an offensive player in your doubles team?

Defensive and usually concentrate on netplays, drops, deceptive plays and only smashes when needed, AT900-T is definately the racket to have, but the downside is the price tag.

If you are usually the offensive type who drives and smashes alot, go for either AT700 or AT900-P. AT700 is definately much affordable than AT900-P, though still quite expensive to say.