Arcsaber Z Slash good for doubles?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Robin Hardwick, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Robin Hardwick

Robin Hardwick Regular Member

Hello, somebody wants to sell me this racket. Since i dont play singles anymore and want to concentrate more on doubles play, should i still consider this racket? Or rather go for a Astrox 88D or 88D Pro or perhaps a Nanoray 900? I am more of an attacking player from the rearcourt with smashes and like to play flat fast drives. Can somebody help me? I prefer an Astrox 88D Pro at the moment, but i am not sure....

2. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

my personal opinion is dont go with z slash. It is very good racket but it is old. I think you can get a racket with newer technology. If you prefer 88d pro, just go with it. It is kinda unnecessary to get z slash in 2021.
    I mean if it s cheap and you are not doing great in terms of financial reasons, you may consider getting it but if you dont mind prices of high end new rackets, just ignore z slash.

3. blitz920

blitz920 New Member

Go 88DPro!

I own a 3U Z-slash, and I got it 12 years ago because I liked Taufik Hidiyat. He then switched to Arc Saber 10 after I recall.

It has a smaller racket head, which means string breaks can happen if your timing is off on the day.
    ArcSaber Z-slash is slightly faster. Astrox 88D would give your more power and control rear court in my opinion.

FYI, I am currently tossing up amongst Yonex ArcSaber 11 and Astrox 88D Pro and Victor AuraSpeed 98K.