Arcsaber FD

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Pine Azul, May 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Pine Azul

Pine Azul New Member

Hello all.

I recently got back into badminton - a sport I was big into when younger. I am using a racket back from when I was last playing. I would say I am between intermediate and advanced currently and the fitter I become, the better. I am yet to get close to losing a set from any intermediate players I have played so far.

I am currently using an Yonex Arcsaber FD (it is 85grams with strings) and I am very fond of it. I love the vary the pace when playing and I love the combination of smash power with instant drop shots. Love the speed it gives me.

Racket: https://www.badmintonalley.com/Yone...ton_Racket_p/racket-yonex-arc-saber-fd-wr.htm

Considering the racket is 85grams strung and virtually perfectly balanced - if I wanted to buy a new racket (this one is from 2016), what is the modern Yonex mirror of this racket?

2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

You can still buy Yonex Arcsaber FD tho if you really like the racket. Well, arc saber series is what you're looking for if u want mid balance racket from yonex. Might as well go with Arcsaber 11 (Tour or Pro) it's a bit heavier but should do the trick.

Pine Azul likes this.
  3. Pine Azul

Pine Azul New Member

Thanks Zoap San.

I spoke to a Badminton sales person yesterday and he also mentioned the Arcsaber 11 Pro. He also said a similar racket is the Duora 99. He said it is similar balance wise, but when I researched it, it seemed more head heavy:

https://badmintonhq.co.uk/products/yonex-duora-99-badminton-racket-black

Is the Arcsaber 11 Pro available in 4U?

4. Pine Azul

Pine Azul New Member

Also the weights all the online shops give for each racket, is that the default unstrung weight?

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Arcsaber 11 Pro is available in 4U and 3U. Also the default weight would be unstrung weight

Pine Azul likes this.
  6. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

Its unstrung and without plastic wrap on the grip.

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

Pine Azul likes this.
  7. what07

what07 Regular Member

If your lucky u may find an off spec 4u arc11 pro that when strung is around the same weight as ur FD.

Otherwise the FDs were pretty nice for 5u stiff even balance racket, since they were under like $90 all the time.

Otherwise Nf700 5u more forgiving

Pine Azul likes this.
  8. Pine Azul

Pine Azul New Member

Thanks what07.

I found one Arcsaber Pro 11 4U but it came with a G5 handle - you think a 4U will ever come in an G4 grip?

Also considering my game, what strings and tension should I go for in your opinion?

9. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Dunno about G4 grip but I would suggest cushion wrap abit. For string tension, I would suggest + 1-2 lbs on your usual tension since the "hold time" will make you feel the string tension is lower than it actually is.