Arcadia Badminton CLUB (ABC)

Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by SuperBird, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Yeah..^^

..William is only leave (in H.K.) watching the HK Open.:cool:

Yep, the plan is to turn the storage area, within the fence link, into another court which will specifically be used for Singles play.

2. shreky

shreky Regular Member

count me in for singles!

3. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

any updates on the singles challenge court?

4. n3w813

n3w813 Regular Member

Systems Admin
    Nope, not implemented yet. If you go early or late enough, there will be enough courts open for you to play singles. That's when I play :p Come Saturday mornings at ~9am and I'll play singles with you :)

5. fireguysith

fireguysith New Member

I just join ABC 2 weeks ago for $38 a month. I like the facility a lot, so I told my little brother to join. He goes up to the desk, and the guy told him that they are no longer doing monthly memberships for $38 a month. Instead, they only offer $100 for 3 months. Cheaper yes, but I don't like the 3 month commitment. Surprised by the sudden change, I ask to see at least a sign or something stating this new policy. There was none....the only sign they had was the one stating the monthly charge of $38. So I said, "you guys have the sign right here that says $38 a month and no sign whatsoever of that being no longer an option. What gives?" After a little back and forth of this, the guy at the counter tells me, "Oh, actually we do have a monthly option, but its $50 a month." I was pretty ticked off at this point. I felt like this guy was feeding me dog poop and telling me its filet mignon. My brother, being a nice and non-confrontational guy, told me to forget it and just paid the $8 day fee. Seriously, a 25% increase for monthly fee without a posted sign and having the $38 sign still up is way out of line. Unless this is changed, I'd rather take my money to SGBC.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, i just found out about this new 1 month for $50 membership fee and the 3 months for $100 deal..Also, the last time i know, they would charge around $275/yr (if you're in a group); now i head they've increased it to around $300/yr..Yes, if one is not a regular or play often, probably paying any of those fees doesn't make sense..

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Okay, here's a bit of clarification after i met with one of the front desk personnel this past weekend.

Apparently the $50 fee is the initiation fee on top of the same $38 per month membership fee. That is if one wants to sign up for the monthly membership only. So, there is no increase in the regular monthly fee.
    However, the initiation fee of $50 is waived if one were to sign up for the $100 for 3 months membership. $200 for 6 months. $300 for 9 months. But instead of $400 for 1 yr, they are charging $360/yr, but that is if one is not part of a group.

#27 ctjcad, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  8. 09ilee

09ilee New Member

unemployed
    I am looking for a partner in the weekdays from 1-3pm for beginner.