Arc 11 or BS 12?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by TopRamen, Jul 4, 2017.

1. TopRamen

TopRamen New Member

I'm going to buy a new racket soon and I've narrowed down to the BS12 and the Arc11. I tried out the Arc 11 but not the BS12. Which one do you guys recommend? I play Singles and Doubles.

2. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Both the Arc 11 and BS12 are good doubles rackets.

I have used both the 3u and 4u of the BS12, and depending on the type of player you are (Smasher, Control, Both?), you might find that the Arc 11 might be better suited for you.

I have switched to 3U Jetspeed S10 over a year ago, and I am most happy about the switch.
    I found the BS12 is a little harder to control and much more flexible than the JS10.
    I personally love stiff rackets because of the control.
    I have tried the Arc 11 for a little bit, and I found that its more suited for me than the BS12.
    If you aren't used to the Brave Sword's "SWORD" frame, you will need to take some time adjusting.

Maybe look into the JS10 as well? Personally its my favorite racket.

3. TopRamen

TopRamen New Member

Im more of a clear, smash (offensive) player and I like playing singles more than doubles

4. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Maybe look at the Duora Z Strike if you are a singles player. I tried it out before and I really liked it.

5. rocky4

rocky4 Regular Member

Student
    I've yet to try the arc saber 11 but I have experience from trying the bravesword 12 3U G5 and 4U G5 and I got to say that i regret purchasing the BS12 (no offence for those who do like them). Upon testing the BS12 for the first time right after purchase (yes I bought it without having a hands on demo / testing lols) is that when playing whether it's a smash clear or drive, lets say for smashing for the example, is that there is no feel from the shuttle cock absorbed towards the frame of the racket strings (if that makes anysense :s im bad at explaining... sorry), hence the "shockless" tech on the frame of the racket. I would consider you if you have a chance to demo the racket, then do so before making your final decision. I was planning to get the arc saber 11 awhile back as well comparing to the BS 12. But school for me is about to resume soon again so I might have to just use my other rackets for now and halt back and make another decision on my next purchase on racket(s) :) hope this somewhat helps you :c

edit: oh and i play mainly doubles and sometimes singles, i let my friend (who usually singles more often than doubles) use the bs 12 and he agreed that there was like no feel when hitting the shuttle back and forth and had dislike of the racket as well. I originally sold him my JS12 and he says that the JS12 is definitely his preferred racket now compared to his old VZF2

6. Babar

Babar Regular Member

I'm very very surprised. BS12 has some very direct feedback IMO. Maybe you should change your strings. Try BG80 if you fear it will lack feedback.
    (Are you sure it is a genuine racquet ?)

7. Babar

Babar Regular Member

On topic : if you prefer and play more single you might prefer arc11 as it is head heavier than BS12.
    BS12 is playable in single but it lacks a bit of power to be great at it.

8. rocky4

rocky4 Regular Member

Student
    yes they're genuine. the feedback from the shuttle im referring to is the shock absorption ( honestly it's so hard to explain, well for me that is in words, you'd definitely understand what i mean by hands on comparison with other types of rackets ). I am still at a testing state with the rackets as I originally strung them with bg 65 at 24lbs and will move them to bg 66 ultimax at 24~26lbs (my original preference to most rackets). but again i still think it's the racket's so-called tech "shockless" on the frame o.0? (overall, i don't really like them atm)

9. TopRamen

TopRamen New Member

Thanks everyone! I decided Im buying arc11 because its a safer option.

swsh and Fidget like this.
  10. Babar

Babar Regular Member

Ok. I'm surprised nonetheless as I have 2 BS12 and both have incredible feedback. I also have 2 JS12 and I assure you that the feeling is less direct.
    You should try BG80 at 25lbs, it will make the racquet more lively (BG66 UM is a bit soft)

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Both are doubles racket, and Arcsaber 11 is slighted better than BS 12 in smashing power. BS 12 Swing Speed faster.

12. dvanio

dvanio Regular Member

How about nanoray 900, Arc 11 And duora 10..are they good options? Can anyone help me decide between these 3 rackets? Sorry to join this discussion with other racket options..

13. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

It depends on what type of player you are. Nanoray900 is a good racket for control, accuracy and power. But I would say arc11 has more control and accuracy but a less power than nanoray900 from my experience. Haven't tried duora10 so can't give on something I've never tried before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. dvanio

dvanio Regular Member

Nanoray 900 have more power? Was nanoray 900 head heavier than arc 11?

15. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

From my experience yea. nanoray900 is a headlight racket, lighter than arc11. Comparing between nanoray900 and arc11, speed is on the nanoray900 side and arc11 is a bit head heavier.
    Personally, I would go for arc11 instead of nanoray900. I can feel more from the shuttle with arc11 than nanoray900.

16. jn.19

jn.19 New Member

Student
    I used both BS12OC and ARC11. in my opinion ARC11 is very good in controlling and accuracy, however i couldn't find the right way to smash with it. so i use my ARC11 only for 'kind of' relax game, rarely smash the ball.
    BS12OC though, i really love it. i can do maximum attack mode in it because it has the speed and power i needed when for smashing. control and accuracy isn't so bad either.
    I also use NR900SE. it kinda same with BS12OC with a bit lighter head but it also generates good power and speed to smash the shuttle.
    I really like both NR900 and BS12. really suit my playing style in doubles.
    For Duora 10, i used D10LCW new colour and right away i feel it didn't suit me because i don't have a lot of power so i feel this racket a bit 'slow' for me.
    Now i'm planning to get the Jetspeed 12 F. any review or comparison?

dvanio likes this.
  17. eiji

eiji Regular Member

I have hit ARC11, Duora 10, BS12, BS12N,Jetspeed 10 and LiNing N9II, if u liked BS12, u will love the N9II, plays similar but a tad stiffer with more power. Its my current favorite, using it more than BS12 and JS10

warcrew likes this.