Arafura Games 2009 - 9-17 May

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by Timbuctoo, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Hello all, I'd like to anounce the Arafura Games in here again. It goes from the 9th-17th May 2009 and is kinda like a mini Olympics for the Arafura region, but not strictly this region.

Badminton is one of the sports and there will be a teams event along with an individual event. The games (2009) might see the likes of some well known X-Pro players taking part and it this time and it will be an awesome event for developing junior players as well. In the past we have had teams enter from Taiwan, Brunei, Indonesia and a host of other nations along with Australian state teams.

So for those that would like to play in a great competition and visit Darwin Australia, here's your chance. I have attached the link to the website for those interested; http://www.arafuragames.nt.gov.au/ team administrators or captains will need to contact Russell Williams at; admin@ntbadminton.org.au for further information. I say bring your racket and your 'A' game for some great competition. Hopefully I can play to so it would be good to meet and play against some BCers.

Tim H

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    What is the cut-off area then... If Taiwan can join, then... Bangladesh and Bahrain can join too? :confused: Taiwan is fffaaarrr away from Arafura...

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    to avoid any arguement...should be state as chinese taipei...