Apacs

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by druss, Nov 3, 2009.

1. druss

druss Regular Member

The sweetspot 2000 is proace I believe. From the specs it's head heavy and stiff, like an AT900P?

as for the new apacs rackets, sound interesting but need to see the specs. I've got enough apacs rackets right now and probably won't look at anymore in the near future. haven't even strung the nano900 white yet.

2. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Haha I haven't strung either nano900 either. I've only prestrung both of them, still need to do the tensioning. Yea I'm just gonna wait for sales or good deals now, I have my 3 go-to rackets already.

I'm only stringing the Nano 900s to compare with my friend's AT900T

3. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    yes it's a pro ace..oh how i hope someone used a ss2000 and n900p before..really hope to get a comparison..sigh

4. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    new apac owner reporting in

nano 900 power red strung with BG66 @ 26lbs
    can't wait to try it out

5. GEEGEEGEE

GEEGEEGEE Regular Member

Got my Furious 767 a week ago. Very light balanced racket, power is decent with good control.

I do have one gripe ...

The strings 'across' on my 767 are very wavy. The wavy-ness is even worse during play. Perhaps I made a mistake by opting for Apacs stringing my 767. 24/26lbs with apacs string.

Anyone else have a 767 with a similar issue? It bothers me a lot and distracts me during play, cause I'm fussing with the strings after each shot.

I know the zig-zag grommet design is a bit unique and unusual....I wonder if it'll be hard for me to find a shop who'll do re-stringing for me. Anyone with a 767 been turned away from a proshop because of the zigzag grommet design??

6. druss

druss Regular Member

I actually just restrung a friends 767 and it really wasn't that difficult. I strung it at 24x26.

7. GEEGEEGEE

GEEGEEGEE Regular Member

Cool, thanks for the peace of mind:)

I was worried I'd have to send it back to Apacs to get it restrung lol

8. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Actually, if the description I remember is right, the bed is supposed to be MORE flat, not LESS flat. Maybe its a poor stringing job. I'd actually LOVE to do it for you, for free the first time too.

I also weighed and balanced my Nano 900 White. Its 87 grams with no strings nor plastic wrap, original grip is still on. Haha so much for 3U.

Then I strung it with ZM67 at 23 pounds and put a Karakal Point 75 over grip on, and swung it in my house for a bit. It was definitely beastly feeling, too beastly. So I decided to measure the BP by balancing it on a CD hard case and using a plastic tape measure to see how far from the handle it was, and it measured...

304mm

So now its 90g, 304mm bp, with original stated specs of 84-86g, and a bp of 285 +/-3. So the weight was okay, but its horribly off spec in terms of balance. But I like it, so who cares? Time to see how it plays... Tomorrow after my last final at 10:30 in the morning.

9. druss

druss Regular Member

I had the same thing but in reverse with my lethal 70. it was supposed to be head heavy and ended up being head light. Might be a reason I don't like it as much as the tantrum300 and VH1800

10. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Yea, the Lethal 70 is supposed to be a super attack racket, head heavy, stiff, and heavy. Did you complain? Maybe try to get an on-spec replacement?

11. druss

druss Regular Member

I did send a message to Kam but at this point I've strung it with my own string. I wouldn't mind getting an on spec product but they better be willing to cover my string cost.

12. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    I see. Yea I've strung both up with ZM67 now, I'm gonna play with them before I decide whether or not to send them back. If I like how they play, I don't really care. If they suck, I want an on-spec racket. Though since Kam doesn't have any nano 900 power, he'd probably just offer me a discount on a different racket, and since it was a sale, it'd probably cost the same to ship it back as it did it buy the thing, so unless he pays for shipping, its not worth it.

13. neogenesus

neogenesus Regular Member

student
    weird my Nano 900 Power (red & white), both measured at 101 gram. I added 2 layers of Yonex supergrap on them. They are supposed to be 4U, but even at 101 gram, they are still very light compared to my other racket (Nanospeed 7000 3U) that weight about the same at 101 gram. Maybe my scale is off, but I measured my Kason Carvel U4 which is supposed to be 5U and got around 99 gram with added 1 layer of Yonex Supergrap.

14. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Sound's like your scale is off, that's a LOT.

My 3Us only really hit 100 if they're upper end 3U with double overgrip over original.

15. aloy66

aloy66 Regular Member

Looks like an additional grip and string only adds 3 grams to the total weight of the racket. Wondering if that is the norm. By the way, you should be glad that you have the most powerful (head heavy) Nano 900 white around. Might be a collector's item.

16. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    Yea string and grip is not that heavy. Maybe 4g. That's why though it's added on, it doesn't change bp a whole lot. And my nano 900 red has the same exact weight and bp that my nano 900 white does. It's like getting 2 Lethal 50/60/70 for 60 bucks. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow. Assuming I get the chance to. I also have to try out 2 SOTX W7s and a sotx LG200, and my trixon strung with a "special" tension (20x28)

17. druss

druss Regular Member

Well ApacsCanada is having another sale (after I bought mine of course). Lethal 70 and Tantrum 300 for $200 (savings of $75) and free shipping is still on.

18. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    If only I had the money...........

Gonna try out the rackets today!

If anyone were to buy it for me, i'd be sure to pay them back with 10% interest ^_^

19. druss

druss Regular Member

I'm thinking of buying them as back ups but can't really justify it since I don't know how much I like them yet...

20. singnflip4life

Full Time Med Student
    DO IT... hahaha and i'll steal them from you if you don't like em.