Anywhere for beginners in Tamworth/Staffordshire?

Discussion in 'UK' started by ameliajp, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ameliajp

ameliajp New Member

Hi, I am 21 year old female who is a complete beginner. Im having a hard time finding out how I can get into badminton. I have not been very sporty/active thoughout my life, and currently am trying to get fit and healthier in ways I enjoy. Due to avoiding sport and PE lessons at school like the plague, I never really learned much more than the very basics in a handful of sports, and definitely never really tried any seriously. Badminton always stuck out to me as one that I uncharacteristically enjoyed, despite how little of it I played. Now that I am trying to get fit, and become healthier, I am trying to opt for ways which I can enjoy and get into rather than joining the gym and seeing it as a "chore". I am currently swimming twice a week as I enjoy it, but would love to learn to play badminton also.

However, this is proving impossible. I have no friends/family that are interested in playing, and classes/clubs for beginners doesn't seem to be something that exists. Do you have any suggestions for what I could do? Or clubs I could join that welcome absolute novices at the sport. Perhaps you know someone in the Tamworth area who enjoys teaching and training who could help me out? I know this is a long shot, and I am finding it hard to find places that offer sports classes for beginner adults. I would be open to any sports if they offered this, but badminton would be my number one choice.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions if you have any.

2. rka9b

rka9b New Member

design engineer
    Hi
    You still looking for badminton partner? If you fancy a game let me know i will book the courts in Tamworth sixth form landau forte.

Cheers
    Raj