Anyone who owns Voltric ZF2 i need your help.

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by MartyGianMarty, Jul 3, 2016.

1. MartyGianMarty

MartyGianMarty Regular Member

Hi im just wondering if why is the Lin Dan version cheaper than the normal version of ZF2. I bought my ZF2 LD racket last month at P11,700 and i saw a normal version (the black one) and it costs P14,900. Why is that? why is the LD version cheaper?

2. Olibog

Olibog Regular Member

Business Development
    Lets just say that the store you bought it from has no idea what branding is. consider it a good buy although you can that at a way cheaper price if you know someone from HK or Malaysia

MartyGianMarty likes this.
  3. srikanth.addala

srikanth.addala New Member

May be not many Lin Dan fans in Phillippines ;):p

BTW I use a Voltric 7 Lin Dan Edition. I got it cheaper than the normal version too.:)

4. MartyGianMarty

I was beginning to worry that the quality of ZFII LD here is different from the Normal ZFII because its cheaper. I hope its the same :confused::confused::confused:

5. srikanth.addala

It definitely is the same, dont worry ;).

From all I know, the limited editions of Yonex (LD/LCW/TH/PG) are only changes in the cosmetics/paint job. :D Performance remains the same.

6. MartyGianMarty

Sorry if I'm obsessing over this thing I'm just born that way anyway thank you for your help I really appreciate it :).

7. VivekSingh

VivekSingh New Member

Price is ok, i got at same price from indonesia. Despite lot of demand ;)

8. MartyGianMarty

The racket's paint does crack easily does it?

9. gionna

gionna New Member

Hi, I also got my z-force II LD exclusive @ 11700php from Juego SM North. And yeah, the paint did crack easily :( But aside from that, overall performance was great. I strung it with yonex aerosonic @30lbf.

10. MartyGianMarty

Whats the color of the racket when the paint came off? Just curious lol. Wow aerosonic! How much did you pay for that .61mm string? And did they hesitate to string it up to 30? I wanted to strung mine at 32lb but they told me that my 66um might broke so I settled for 30lb.

11. gionna

gionna New Member

Hi, I also got my z-force II LD exclusive @ 11700php from Juego SM North. And yeah, the paint did crack easily :( But aside from that, overall performance was great. I strung it with yonex aerosonic @30lbf.
    It showed the carbon nanoparticle-reinforced material which is black.
    I forgot the exact price of the aerosonic string. I think it's about 500php. And yes, they hesitated to string it @30lbf but I insisted. haha! I know how strong my arm is and I know that I won't be able to break it easily. It's still a matter of knowing your own capabilities :) In addition to that, the grommets of the z-force II is unlike the typical PTFE. It's Tungsten-infused so it's stronger with the bonus of the same reduction in friction when the strings slides through it during collision.

Here's my z-force II:

The aerosonic string lasted 2 months before it showed signs of delamination. I just had this re-strung last week :)

12. MartyGianMarty

Ouch that crack is so big I wonder if there is any shop in the philippines who can repaint or just fix cracks on badminton rackets. What grip do you use? Is that good for sweaty hands? I remove the grip of my racket and replaced it with towel grip. I remove the original grip so the grip won't be big but after 1 game with my racket, I can feel the wood of the grip and it starts to hurt my hand when I smah because of the sharp edges of the wood. How the aerosonic BTW? How does it feel? And the sound? I'm gonna try bg80 next for my racket kinda want to feel the "hard feeling" of the string.

13. gionna

gionna New Member

It's not actually a crack. It's a chip off of the paint so it won't affect racket performance. Re-painting is an option.

Cracks are dangerous to any kind of racket since they undergo cyclic loading. Once the crack propagates, the material will fracture. And because of the high tension of the head, it will cause the racket to warp instantaneously.

I heard that there is a shop in Raon who fixes rackets but I'm not really sure about how they do that. Note that the racket frame is made of a nanocomposite material (carbon nanoparticles in a epoxy matrix). It's not metal so welding (or any kind of metal joining method) won't fix a crack because of the polymer matrix. And if they add something to wrap around the crack (as with my friend's racket where the crack was covered with brass), it will ruin the racket's balance since it's a different material with a higher density than your nanocomposite.

Regarding the grip, I use the Li-ning GP20 Overgrip.

It's great for sweaty hands like mine, haha. Because it becomes more sticky when sweat is adsorbed in the polyurethane surface. It's also soft to touch.

By the way, I did not remove the original grip neither its plastic cover. The adhesive of the over grip will have better contact with the plastic so I just wrapped it around the original grip with the plastic. That will also prevent what you're experiencing - feeling the wood. I suggest you wrap another layer of overgrip because you might damage your hands eventually specially if you're the type of player who holds the racket too tight.

For your next question, the aerosonic string is SUPERB! The sound was so crisp and intimidating! It's exactly how thin strings should be since it is capable of creating more vibrations as the shuttle hits the string bed than thicker strings.

14. MartyGianMarty

Dude how to you know all this stuff its amazing anyway where do you live? I can't find the grip here in my area. And have you tried BG80? And have you seen the VOLTRIC LD FORCE? It looks good.

15. srikanth.addala

I have been using BG80 Power strung @25lbs on my Arc 11 for around a week now.

A few things I noticed
    1. String bed feels hard (in a good way)
    2. More control/accuracy in shots/placements
    3. Good hitting sound
    4. Repulsion/lifting opponent smashes is a breeze
    5. Net play needs a little more effort than earlier
    6. Smashes sound like a bomb now ;)

Hope it helps :)

16. gionna

gionna New Member

Thank you :) I'm glad you appreciate the info :) I'm a materials engineering graduate and my job involves design engineering for orthopaedic implants and instruments. It's not exactly related to Badminton but it involves the same subjects like Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Failure analysis and manufacturing engineering. I just apply the concepts to Badminton since I really love the sport even though I'm not really that good. haha!

The GP20 grip is available at Juego sports. I'm a big fan of this store because they always have the latest badminton gears. Here's their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Juego1 I always visit the SM North branch. They have friendly staff as well who plays badminton. You'll get a lot of info and suggestions from them :)

I haven't tried the BG80 string. I only tried the BG85 and the Aerosonic. I've used the BG85 the longest.

I haven't seen the Voltric LD Force. Can you post a picture? Or a link to the product?

Cheung likes this.
  17. MartyGianMarty

I literally didnt understand a word you just said but it sounds cool haha the reason i asked what color the racket is without the paint is i believe i saw a VT80 with chip paint and what i saw is white metal but im not sure.

How much is it? And is it better than AC 102 of Yonex? I used it for a while but when my hands became wet it starts to become slippery.

Im gonna buy both string and maybe use the Aerosonic first im gonna try to break it then ill string BG80 at 32lbs haha.

Here is the Voltric LD Force http://www.yonex.com/products/badminton/racquets/voltric-series/voltric-ld-force/ http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...onex-ld-force-2016-lin-dan-new-racket.165471/
    take a look.

18. gionna

gionna New Member

Hahaha, at least I'm cool :p

Graphite is black or greyish so what you saw is probably still a layer of paint in the VT80.

Again, I forgot the exact price. Haha, about 200php maybe. I haven't tried the AC102 since it looked thin to me. Go try the Aerosonic! It's great!

Voltric LD... The design makes it look like an offering for the emperor of China :p It's similar to the z force ii, I think but with a wider head.

19. MartyGianMarty

Have you tried it at higher tension? I really dont like to string it lower than 28 because of the spongy feeling i get while i play.

20. MartyGianMarty

Haha sorry but how old are you and what exactly is your job? It would pretty cool if you work at yonex.

Maybe it is. I hope it is I'm kinda paranoid because I've been dreaming of having this racket since 2014 and I would hate it if the racket that I bought isn't authentic.

I'm gonna go try it with aerosonic string. I would pretty much love to use rubber grip so I wouldnt have to change grip every week.

Hahaha yeah but I think the emperor would be more happy if the design has tiny spratly islands on it jk. Yeah but I think its kinda ugly compared to our ZF II and why would they create another voltric racket? Is it because LD doesn't feel like he's gonna win another gold with ZFII?