Anyone tried both Victor Carbonsonic & Ashaway Bird 2?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by turbo2288, Mar 12, 2018.

1. turbo2288

turbo2288 Regular Member

Sales
    Anyone tried both Victor Carbonsonic syntheic shuttle & Ashaway Bird 2 ?
    Since these are the best non-feather shuttles out there.

2. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I've tried both, although only for a short while.

Bird 2 felt a lot like a plastic shuttle. Maybe a little bit better than a Yonex Mavis 2000, but neither I nor anyone else who tried them liked them. Many felt the shuttle flew strange.

My and other players' opinions for the Carbonsonic were much, much better. One player summarized it as follows: "Not quite feathers, but if there wouldn't be any feather shuttles anymore, I would definitely switch to that". It wasn't quite feathers, but as close as I have ever seen. Durability seemed to be significantly better than feathers, although I only had 2 tubes, so no large experiments.

On a scale from 0=Yonex Mavis 350 and 100=Yonex AS 30+, I'd rate the Bird 2 as 15 and the Carbonsonic as 60. If Victor can improve the Carbonsonic just a little bit, it could become a serious alternative for kids and low-level training.

paulstewart64 and visor like this.
  3. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

Ive got some carbonsonic 2's which ive used a few times, the fly well, much better than a plastic but they do in my opinion feel heavy off the racket and you can really feel it which i dont like.. they last ok, maybe 3 times longer than a feather for me anyway and im not a big hitter.
    We use them now for knockups mainly, wouldnt play competetive games with them.

4. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I just used the Carbosonic's(with real cork) last night for the first time. Definitely a cool experiment. I personally thought that are a good alternative. They without a doubt felt a little different from feathers but I would much rather play with them than any plastic would be using otherwise. Seeing as this is the first release of them, I think if victor improves them over the next year or two they would be amazing.

If I had to rate them between 1(plastic) - 10(feather) I would rate them a 7.5
    They are really close but have a different weight distribution to them, the feather shafts also strike me as "stiffer" than an authentic feather. I also find they sound "cheap" upon hitting the shuttle, but that is just audible and mental. The flight on them are very good.

paulstewart64 likes this.
  5. turbo2288

turbo2288 Regular Member

Sales
    Thank you for all the advise.

6. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Currently use Carbon sonic No 1. In my opinion, CS No 1 is faster than feather shuttles (Protech Masterpiece). Looking forward others opinions.

7. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

They are without a doubt a little bit faster. No way of adjusting the speed either I don't think.