Anyone know who are coming & the lineup for 2005 World Cup..

Discussion in 'World Cup 2005' started by ctjcad, Nov 25, 2005.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

...it's nearing with less than 3 weeks to go, does anyone know who will come??..I thought the deadline has passed and they will announce the participants sometimes late this month or early next month??...
    thx for any infos..:)

2. w3wmfhe

w3wmfhe Regular Member

only three play lee wan wah /zhong and a single player will represent Malaysia .hopely it is not another China Master:cool:

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If the top 16 men and top 8 doubles pair really come, here's Team Indonesia's list:

MEN'S SINGLES
    Taufik Hidayat (8)
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro (14)

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto (1)
    Luluk Hadiyanto/Alven Yulianto (4)

MIXED DOUBLES
    Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir (2)

However, I suspect Team Indonesia will not send the full team for this invitational tournament. Taufik is certainly a doubt because he will be competing in the SEA Games and is likely to rest before playing in the tournament that he craves the most: the All-England in just 1 mth time.

Sony, Luluk/Alven, and Nova/Butet will be in the SEA Games, so, it will also be exhausting for them to fly back to China (after just coming back) and compete in the World Cup.

Candra/Sigit could be there because they have no other committments for December.

4. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i think it will be :)

most players would like to rest at the end of year (chritsmas and new year)

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Just read from Bola that Taufik and Sony have refused the invitation, reasons being they are not ready.

That leaves Candra/Sigit and Nova/Butet as the only pairs left. I think they won't go too.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..not a surprise, not a surprise to me...I guess since it's an "invitation" event also..I won't be surprise if neither Candra/Sigit nor Nova/Butet will come as well..

So i guess Taufik decided that he'll concentrate and prepare himself for next year's(Jan.) All England. He has about 5+ weeks to prepare..Who knows, since the World Cup will be held in about 2 weeks time and if most if not the majority of the MS are playing there(ie. LD, CH, BCL, Gade, KJ, LCW to name a few), next year's AE could field a "favorable" draw for Taufik, since it will be held early in the year unlike usual. Take into consideration also the time frame between the 2 tourneys, plus there won't be as many top players coming or they won't be ready..

7. kemana

kemana Regular Member

i am just sad ... first china open , now world cup...

8. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i feel sorry for u, too :)

9. kemana

kemana Regular Member

thank you:)
    now i just wait for a miracle:rolleyes: ;)

10. funny_bunny

funny_bunny Regular Member

most msian wont go

most msia players wont go cos there is also a competition going on during that time. think the only player that is going is hafiz and wan wah/tan fook....but wan wah/tan fook not too sure cos wan wah is injured

11. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Gade wont play world cup either, dont know about Jonassen or the rest of the danish squad. Think they play Copenhagen Masters instead

12. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    how pathetic,,,:( maybe only the china players will be competing

13. kemana

kemana Regular Member

why they all won't come

i think the organizers have done a lot , and it's called "world cup" , i think it's big title, why they are all not coming , do they just don't like to play in china:( :( :(

14. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    The 3 players representing Malaysia are Lee Wan Wah/Choong Tan Fook and Hafiz Hashim as their points are not enough to qualify for Malaysia National GP Grand Finals.

YKH made it compulsory for the rest to participate in the GP finals...

15. Morten

Morten Regular Member

I also think its sad the best players around wont attend World cup but I dont think its pathetic, rather understandable. The schedule of tournaments and a upcoming All England is a I see it the main reason why a lot of players have sad no...

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Why?

Way back when there was the Grand Prix Final, all players were eager to qualify and attended this honourable event ... What a sad thing as World Cup can be as attractive/exciting as World Championship ... May be China is not the hollyground for this event but is the only country that has the money to do it. I think this event will do very well in US, I know I will pay the same price as World Championship to watch.
    So when is the next big badminton event in US if World Championship were such a big hit as claimed ??????? Hello IBF ...

17. kemana

kemana Regular Member

but i remember before the world chaimpionship this year , all the best players were eager to attend the SO and MO to gain more points as well as to maintain
    their status... I still can't understand this

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
  19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's the end of the year holiday season for most countries. So, after a long season, the players deserve a few weeks of rest. Remember that unlike before, we will have a packed January coming up with 3 back-to-back European Opens.

20. kemana

kemana Regular Member

thank you for your explain :)
    just curious, in south east asia countries, like malaysia and indonesia, is the new year more important a holiday or the moslem's great holy day is .
    cause as in china, we have new year and the spring festival, we have only one day off for new year, but 7 days off for spring festival. so i thought in malaysia and indonesia maybe the moslem's great holy day is more like spring festival in china and is considered more important than new year.
    but, of course , the players deserve a little vacation as there will be a really busy January soon.