Any Victor DriveX 9X reviews?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kenner30, Jan 23, 2020.

1. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

I know it just came out but local shop has it in stock. Probably gonna pick it up regardless but wondering if anyone’s been able to play with it? Had the hx900 and loved it. Broke couple months back but went to 3u racquets after. Wanting to go back to 4u and this seems perfect. Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I will play with dx9x today. I can write few things soon. Do you have any experience with other rackets so I may compare (i.e. 88d, ars90k, 90s, nf800)?

ccmak and Father Parrot like this.
  3. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

thank you!

currently using Li Ning TC75C, AN8000D and previously ive used 88d (4u), hypernano x900 (4u), adidas wucht P5.
    Ive also used my friends arcsaber 11 (3u) and zstrike 2 (4u)

Father Parrot likes this.
  4. Mete Ozcorekci

Mete Ozcorekci Regular Member

Hey there, I played 1 session and I can say that racket didnt amazed me. I might be biased bec I like speedy rackets. My main rackets are nanoflare 800 and auraspeed 90k. 90k is little more head heavy and still much faster than dx9x. I can smash much better with 90k, so I dont see any point to play with dx9x bec 90k is not difficult racket to use, in other words I dont see any advantage of using dx9x in my game.
    Back in time I used hypernano 900 dominator few times and feeling was very similar to dx9x. Since you like hypernano900 and dx9x might have similar feeling, you may enjoy the racket.

edit: I am Sainttoo at the top. I accidentally used this account to respond hehe

#4 Mete Ozcorekci, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Alvin Dzaki and ccmak like this.
  5. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I played with it like an hour more yesterday and the racket is so slow that it annoyed me. Dont get me wrong, it is not bad racket and it is not heavy at all, not difficult to use, but just slow. Frame is kinda fat that makes racket move so slow and it is little too flexible for me, so I sold it yesterday.

Alvin Dzaki likes this.
  6. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Was your drivex 9x a 4u or 3u?

7. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

It was 4U

8. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

i ended up getting the 4u drivex9x...i love it.

ofcourse its not gonna be as speedy as 90s or 90k but i dont know if i can agree smashes are better on 90k..maybe its easier to generate power via stick smash on 90k but yea, this thing reminds me alot of the hx900, but not as stiff if i recall correctly, but stiff enough.

not sure the commotion about the handle but it feels regular to me.
    overall, ive been enjoying it. can give more input as i play more

played with it for around 7 hours so far.

Gpower and Sainttoo like this.
  9. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I am glad you enjoyed it. I thought you would enjoy it since you like hx900 :)
    Good luck with the racket

10. IanQ

IanQ New Member

I have the 4u and have played with it for two sessions now. First impressions are that it is a fast racket. Very good for drives and defensive clears are effortless with plenty of feel. Net shots are good too. Smash is decent, obviously not as big as a head heavy racket but that's not surprising. I also have the Auraspeed 90s, the Nanoflare 700 and 800 (all 4us) and this is closest to the Nanoflare 700 IMO. It's as fast as the NF700 but feels a touch more solid in the frame and has similar power but slightly better feedback from the frame. The NF800 is more powerful and has a slightly more solid feel to the frame (prob because of the compact head) and also feels a touch stiffer but the Drivex 90x is faster. The AS90s was my favourite racket for a while but is probably my least favourite of the 4 now. It's a very good all round racket but the feedback from the frame is little lacking compared to the other three.

In summary, IMO the Drivex 90x is a very good doubles racket particularly in defence with decent power in attack and I really like it.

Gpower and David.Nguyen like this.
  11. Thang Nghiem

Thang Nghiem Regular Member

No way bro, I played with the 4U DriveX-9X for a couple of days and had to let it go, because it is plenty slow. To think it's faster than NF800 is just very strange. Comparing to my other rackets (3D Calibar 900B, TK Falcon, NF 700/800, 88D, ZF2, NR i-speed all 4U), it can only maybe beat the ZF2 in the speed department. It doesn't feel faster than 88D either, and much less solid than 88D.

In my opinion, the racket while decent, doesn't do anything particularly good. 88D beats it in almost any way, except for a little more head heavy on the 88D. The twisted frame is a total gimmick. To add insults to injuries, the end cap is now super cheap. No more inlays. The Victor logo is now cheaply printed on. That's too bad because I like the paint and the finish quality.

12. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

At the end of the day, it's clear that people prefer different racquets. I think the way racquets feel depends on how we play. To me the drivex9x is plenty fast. To me, even the zf2 4u is more that fast enough for doubles. But like I said, all about preference and how it fits into your game. Marketing maybe gimmick but when is marketing ever that truthful lol

Gpower likes this.
  13. FM1994

FM1994 Regular Member

Looking out for a comprehensive review on this too. I wonder how it would compare to my MX90 and 88D...

14. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

Couple things to note after about 15 hours of play. Still not used to timing which is kinda annoying me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m playing very well with it but I’m still not as consistent as I’d like to be. I’m thinking going from a flexi Li Ning to a bit stiffer Victor has my timing all out of whack. Some negatives I’d like to note, it seems the strings move a lot. Like every shot I’m having to adjust the strings back. Have not had this happen with any other racquets I’ve used. I also find the sweet spot is a little lower than my Li Ning racquets, could be totally wrong but even serves, I had to adjust where I hit the shuttle. Also, I feel the cone moving around. Victor qc for the win lol

FM1994 likes this.
  15. FM1994

FM1994 Regular Member

I have a similar issue with my current racket, the MX90. In fact, with almost every Victor racket I've owned, there's been string movement of some sort. It's gotten to the point I check my racket after every rally instantly!

However, I've had a slight but temporary issue with Yonex rackets too and string movement. Maybe it's the string I use and the tension? Or maybe my hitting technique isn't as good as I thought!

16. superdan12

superdan12 Regular Member

It depends on the string, thinner strings tend to move most. Also, if you're the type to play soon after stringing, this may happen, as the strings haven't had enough time to bite grooves onto one another yet.

#16 superdan12, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  17. FM1994

FM1994 Regular Member

Of course - I tend to string my rackets 2-4 days in advance before a match/club night. Is this too soon?

Then again, the string could be the main culprit. I'm using Ashaway Zymax 66 Fire Power, that's a fairly thin/smooth string.

18. superdan12

superdan12 Regular Member

yeah the waxier ones will definitely move more. And this is from personal experience, but strings that were on shelf for longer, over a year, feels waxier and move more than the strings that were manufactured more recently.

19. FM1994

FM1994 Regular Member

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the insight

20. kenner30

kenner30 Regular Member

I broke my racquet already. Ughhhh why do I continue to play with beginners :(