Any OM-D users in the house?

Discussion in 'Badminton Photography' started by Maklike Tier, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    [MENTION=123366]CBlack[/MENTION]

Are you trying to impress us? :D

Interested in that XT1 vs GH4. Do report back.

2. CBlack

CBlack Regular Member

No not at all, if anything I think it shows how indecisive I was when these bodies were released :eek:

When I was younger, and reading these forums.
    I had really taken a liking to the amazing photos that a few of you were taking with your DSLR cameras.

I had purchased a used body on a whim, but didn't really understand the thought process behind making great images.
    So while the passion was inside me, I didn't end up taking the time to really learn the tools of the trade.

It wasn't until a few years ago, that I was sitting down with my boss (wife :D), and realized I really don't have any wonderful photos to share, other than a few cell phone pictures.

She soon became very ill, and was hospitalized for about 3 and a half months and our lives forever changed.

I had almost lost her.

I've dedicated myself since to help the charity foundation raise awareness for her rare disease, and using photography & film making to tell stories.
    I've done a lot of fund raising events in the past, so this was only a natural extension for myself to help out where possible.

I find that learning photography really has helped me immensely when it comes to video.

One tool that really fired me up again using DSLR, was actually the OM-D E-M1

The weather sealing (look online for Steve Huff photo where he dunks his E-M1 under water while its powered on), really sold me on the possibility of where or what I could do with the camera under adverse conditions.

Not saying its not possible with the other brands or with DSLR, because it absolutely is, but I also happen to like the portability of the mirrorless formats.

Not a fan of battery life, but that's why we purchase more batteries :eek:

In a strange way, I'd like to thank those people who always posted photos, and discussed the subject of photography here, as it gave me a creative outlet in life that later turned into a thriving passion.

Cheers.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Some good lens announcements for m43 users this week. Olympus 300mm (600mm equiv) F4, and the Panasonic 100-400mm (200-800mm equiv) f4-f5.6.

Stick those on an EM1 and go nuts.