Any info on Rian Sukmawan?

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by mnda_315, May 17, 2005.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    He he he.... guys, guys... let's leave the youngsters alone... :p;):) Let things develop naturally... Besides, yannie is too good for Rian... Bunga Citra Lestari [BCL] will fit Rian better... :p

But before gettin Bunga's heart, Rian has to win the Dutch and Denmark Open first! ;):)

2. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Krisna is right. Besides, lots of girls swarm around him already. *ha
    Hahahaha.. So, don't be crazy okay.. Hehe. :)

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I am not that sure girls swarm around Rian... :confused: ...at this time... :p However, if he starts to win a lot, maybe the INA public will notice him more... ;) Right now, Rian-Yoke are not superstars... yet... :p

In the Superliga Badminton a few months ago, the crowd were cheering for household names like Candra Wijaya, Taufik Hidayat, etc. But not Rian yet... Tell him to work harder, yannie... ;)

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Well, he says so, his friends say so too. Maybe you didn't notice yet, Krisna? Faint. Oh well, can't imagine how it's gonna be once he gets famous like Candra Wijaya, Taufik Hidayat etc.

Hahaha.. He knows very well he must work hard. Ya, I will tell him again..

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Re-translate...a typo..

..okay, i'm taking the word "bad" out:p...The appropriate translation should be "Seeds of love come from habit(s)"..i think that sounds better:p;):cool:
    .yah, i think Krisna will only notice Rian once he gets "famous" like his predecessors..only certain people will notice Rian from now..:p:rolleyes:;)

#565 ctjcad, Sep 27, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Star power...

I can give you a bit of insight on what Rian's possible future can be if he becomes a household badminton name...

I saw the girls swarm over Sony... :eek: :p Two girls grabbed his hand and would not let go... Pulling Sony to the crowd while he just finished a match. They were a bit hysterical while Sony was very shy... Sony pulled away from the girls with shy body language... :p Ok, while I am a guy and cannot judge who is better looking..., but I think Sony is not that good looking compared to Rian...:confused: Yet, ...Sony is the Bronze Medalist at the 2004 Olympics and current INA #1 MS... :p So without doubt, Sony has more "star" power than Rian at this moment... :p

From what I observe: no girls swarmed over Rian (yet) at the Superliga Badminton, Indonesian Open, and the Indonesian Challenge... the 3 events that I saw this year... :D

Oh oh... even Luluk has more "star power' than Rian right now... I remember seeing so many fans wanting to take photos with Luluk in Medan with their handphones at the National Championship stadium... :D Then, later on, girls with muslim veils [who came out of nowhere] :eek: were hugging Luluk in the mall when Luluk was getting dinner... :eek: Rian was there, but nobody asked for his photo or autograph... :p Well... after playing so many years, Luluk did have waaay more TV appearances... ;)

And in Surabaya, many girls were screaming Alven's name from the back row somewhere... maybe that's because Alven is from Surabaya... :p Maybe his relatives...

7. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahahaha.. can't stop laughing.. Very funny.

Sony!!! He looks fine.. I mean he looks different from Rian, I understand why girls like him actually. Lmao.. Shy? I can imagine..

Luluk!!!!! OMG. So funny.. Maybe cuz he's Alvent's partner then girls wanna take pic with him too.. Hahahaha.. But Luluk looks very funny. LMAO right Jessica?

Alvent.. Lots of girls think he's DROOL. *ha.. Right Venny? LMAO. He's goodlooking also..

Maybe the girls didn't know Rian is a players *faint*.. With girls swarming around Rian, I didn't mean FANS. Nevermind, forget it..

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

It's like this..

..the older a player gets, the more s/he gets famous and popular...It's like a wine, the older it gets, the foooiiiner it is..;):cool:
    Sounds funny heh, shouldn't it be the other way around, younger fans would look for younger-looking players?!...;)

#568 ctjcad, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  9. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Taufik was the least accomodating of all the badminton stars... Almost always refuse to take photos together with fans... :p Ok, the next time I will see Rian in action is probably at the National Championships in Solo this November... ;) I will observe the progress of his fan-base and report back on this thread... ;)

As for the "non-badminton-fans" who swarm around Rian... I have no comments. :p I have seen nothing and will not try to find out anything about that... :) From what I see, Fran Kurniawan has a kind-looking-girlfriend who always watch Fran play. Nobody was waiting for Rian... If there is/are... I don't see her/them...

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Hm...Yannie is going to have a date with Rian.....YES!! YES!!!

11. yannie

yannie Regular Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!
    I told Hau Ge I feel like commiting suicide already. Hahaha.. Why you all so jahat!! *mad*
    Please la.. He and his friends also read this forum *suicide*.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Alamak...^^

..yan, yan, aiiyoooh, no lah, we won't have a BC member like you lor:p....*ok, ok, enough teasing yannie, i can imagine she's blushing already*.....:p:);)

#572 ctjcad, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  13. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Hahahahahaha I know you all are teasing me.. FAINT. Quite embarrassed *pusing gw*
    Thanks Chrisss!!!

14. Ball X

Ball X Regular Member

dancer for hobby
    yan...

you have a nice blog.. cute pictures.. hhmm no wonder you have many 'fans' here :)

salam perkenalan dari kota gudeg Jogjakarta

-smd-

15. v3nnnn

v3nnnn Regular Member

student
    hahaha rian will be famous soon.. by that time dont be jelous huh when girlssss around him:D;) hehehe
    btw, your indonesia vocabulary improving hahahaha where u learned from?:rolleyes::D

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

thanks Ball X.. but what does "salam perkenanlan dari kota gudeg Jogjakarta" mean???

venny.. i'm NOT interested.. would you please stop or i will fry you and ALVENT on the same frying pan *ha
    yeah, i keep learning some words in indonesian.. faint, from players, friends etc.

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Translation

Salam perkenalan = Friendly greetings [after an introduction]
    dari = from
    kota Gudeg Jogjakarta = Jogjakarta, the city of Gudeg

Note: Gudeg is a famous Central Javanese dish... ;) Jogjakarta is where the Javanese Sultan lives... :D I think Ball X lives there too...

18. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Oh, I see. Makasi.
    Maybe Ball X is the Javanese Sultan. Hahahahahahahaha.

Krisna likes this.
  19. kimpe_bultang

kimpe_bultang Regular Member

hmmm, athlete and student
    Yes, Yannie's vocabulary has expanded... And most of the words are not really good, right, Yannie?? hehehehe.. Luluk and alvent's not bad lha.. hahaha.. Wel, I'm sure as Rian/Yoke win more competitions, fans will start coming in.. :D :D

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maybe! Or maybe one of the Sultan's many children... :D

In Macau Open, Rian-Yoke's road is not easy at all:
    Round of 32: Guo Zhendong-Xie Zhongbo :eek:
    [possible] Round of 16: Lee Yong Dae-Hwang Ji Man :eek:
    [possible] Quarterfinal: Koo Kien Kiat-Tan Boon Hong :eek:
    [possible] Semifinal: Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan :eek:
    [possible] Final: Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng :eek:

This has to be the draw of hell! :eek: Oh well, ...if you're going to be the best, you gotta beat the best! :) Anyone who can beat all five pairs above deserve to be popular and swarmed by fans! :p