Another newbie from Jakarta, Indonesia

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Dollseye, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Dollseye

Dollseye Regular Member

Medical student
    Hi everyone, I am the latest addition of newbie here..:D:D

Currently living in Jakarta, and because I’m in my 20’s all of my badminton idols are from 90’s era when badminton was so alive and exciting in Indonesia. At that time I remember watching Thomas-Uber Cup 1996 together with my family with a lot of excitement and joy....
    After years gone by, I don’t know why, but badminton’s charm in Indonesia seems to fade away, which is why i really really missed those times....

Over this past 3 years, things have picked up, and the badminton atmosphere here is getting better..altough I think it is still not as much appreciated like it used to be.. Well, China is the overall best now, but I hope other countries will catch up and beat the dominance..especially in the womens area..

I like skillfull and talented players more than the physically strong and technically good ones..I think Susi Susanti is (arguably) all time best in that category... I’ve never seen such player who has charisma and skill like what She had.....
    That’s all I’m going to say about me now, see you guys in the forum!!!

2. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Hi...:)

welcome then, enjoy your time! :D:D

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, Dollseye!:)..Wow, you're definitely one of the lucky ones to witness that era. Too bad i missed all those fun in the 90s (actually mid 80s til early this decade)...I think there's a new generation with a new mindset that's different than the one before. Of course, a lot more competition has surfaced from other countries, esp. CHN.
    Anyway, keep coming back & have fun in here!;):cool:

4. Dollseye

Dollseye Regular Member

Medical student
    @ Aulia : thanks a lot, i'll see you in the forum..
    @ctcjcad : True, with the introduction of the 21 points score, badminton really has change a lot I think, and China prepares and does the transition the best...and, their style of play really suits the new format, I think it gives slight disadvantage to players who rely on rallies, attacking lobs, and positioning...but, the best player must be best at all types of format, righTt? and thanks for the welcoming

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hello there,Dollseye..Welcome to BC.Have fun n enjoy ur stay!..Btw,do u play regularly in jakarta?

6. anakkecil

anakkecil New Member

Hai Dollseye
    =D
    i'm from Jakarta as well hehe. So do you play badminton often?

7. Dollseye

Dollseye Regular Member

Medical student
    Hi to both Smichz and anakkecil..
    Well, unfortunately, I don't play badminton that much..just for fun sometimes in front of my house or with my friends in campus..
    More of an enthusiast I guess,hehe..