ANNOUNCEMENT: Ashaway Improves its ZyMax Line!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by DinkAlot, Apr 27, 2011.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    White not black? Booooo. Please do give feedback versus other zymax when you've had chance to play. Enjoy!

2. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

You must be in a hurry, if you would have ordered from MBS you only pay USD 20.80 for 4 sets.

3. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    :) I am. I just got them back from the store today. Looking forward to using them. 2013-06-20 17.33.08.jpg

4. Darth vader

Darth vader Regular Member

Sith Lord
    I'm gonna string the zymax 65 on my Gosen roots Aermet explosion (red), victor bravesword 12N (red) & Dunlop graviton 7600 (white). All at 24lbs.

*rubbing hands in glee*

5. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Been reading the last 10 pages in here.

I have been using Zymax62 (Mk1) for a while then started using BG66U few months ago. Tried ZM62 Mk2 again, and with the unforgettable impression the Zm62MkI left in me, I have to agree with the others that the MkII feels a tad softer and dull (not as repulsive) compared to the MkI.

Strung one VT80 LE with Zm70 (red) at 28lbs and also found it to be dull.

Will string my 2 of my MX80s with Zm65 Red (only colour left here) and see how things go.

2 more Mx80 coming from eric :D with zm65 white. Will try to do a comparison when they arrive.

#525 SlaShEr, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  6. asmd6230

asmd6230 Regular Member

Thought i'd throw in my 2 cents.
    Been exclusively using Zymax for some time now.
    Zymax 70 feels way to dull for me. (better than bg65 any day though)
    62 hardly lasted a week, so i stuck with 67 which was the porridge of the perfect temperature...

Then something went awry ( i know now, they "improved" their line), 67 started to feel like 70 and they released 65. I dread to think what the current 70 feels like.

Now, 65 feels like the previous 67 - go figure.

65 is my current go to string. Last 4 weeks with moderate play 3 times a week strung at 27 pounds on my Carlton PT V1.0. Its got lovely repulsion, nice touch and sound.

regards,
    asmd.

7. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    Agreed. I currently use the 70 and have definitely suspected that it is thicker than its .70 gauge would suggest. To the naked eye it looks slightly denser compared to the BG65.

8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I used to put Carlton x67 black in most of my Ashaway rackets and it looked and played really well, you ought to give that a try sometime. I'm mostly using red zymax 62/65 or bg65/66 in my fleets and apacs nano 900s at the minute other than left over yellow victor string in my black and yellow rackets.

9. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

10. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Tried out the Zymax 62 on my VT80 earlier, 23/25 lbs. Must say, I'm very impressed. But it's perhaps too early to judge.

First impressions are that it's more repulsive and buoyant than my other fave, the BG66 Ultimax. It definitely makes a nicer, higher pitched snap. I think BG66UM maybe hits harder, but the ZM62 seems to have a bit more spring. My net play and defence seemed better, and smashes wise I'm not sure there was much of a difference. However, I did however think BG66UM was slightly better with long clears. Not really sure which I prefer yet.

11. kbase

kbase Regular Member

I tried Zymax 65(red) in my Arcasaber 6 with 26 by 25 and not impressed after first session. Also today I got a heavy wrist pain. I never experienced this before and is it something related to the string ?