Angry Rexy to punish Kien keat

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by ixory, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

2007/04/19

Badminton: Angry Rexy set to punish Kien Keat

By : K.M. Boopathy

ALL England champions Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong may be dropped from the Indonesian Open as punishment for the former’s prima donna behaviour in last week’s Asian Badminton Championships.
    Coach Rexy Mainaky believes failure on his part to punish Kien Keat will have a detrimental effect on the pair in the long run.

"I cannot let Kien Keat off the hook easily. He must be penalised for his attitude and his behaviour in Johor Baru cannot be taken lightly," said Rexy after a training session in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

"If I don’t take any action, it means I condone his actions and Kien Keat may repeat this. I cannot accept my players being arrogant and Kien Keat must realise that he has a massive responsibility on his shoulders.

"This is the pair we are grooming to win the World Championships title (in August) and most importantly, the Olympic gold in Beijing next year.
    "The attitude (of players) must be right all the time. This situation should not arise again."

To keep Kien Keat on track, Rexy said the punishment would be something the shuttler despises.

"I want Kien Keat to understand this. His punishment will be something he despises but it will, I hope, stop him from having the wrong attitude."

The lack of quality opposition played a major part in Kien Keat-Boon Heong making the ABC final, which they eventually lost to Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah.

But there were signs earlier that Kien Keat had lost focus and Rexy blew his top after the semi-finals.

The buildup to the ABC had seen both players gracing numerous functions and also stopping by Machap in the heat of the by-election.

While Rexy had no problem with Boon Heong’s performance in Johor Baru, it was obvious that Kien Keat was nowhere near his best.

The pair will compete in the Singapore Open which starts on May 1 but Rexy had something more to share with Kien Keat yesterday.

"Nathan Robertson-Gail Emms’ (mixed doubles pair of England) celebrations extended to three months after they won the World Championships in Madrid last September and they have not won a title since."

Surely, the natural winner that Kien Keat is, he doesn’t want this to happen to him and his partner Boon Heong

2. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    good for him.. rexy is just doing his part as a coach....

this will surely be a reminder for kkk not to be too complacent! :D

3. kian chuan

kian chuan Regular Member

student
    i hope rexy can correct kien kiet before world championship this year

no body can give the answer why kien kiet behave so unusual this time in abc championship. what happen to him a bit dissapointed lah. but i saw on paper that rexy will be punish him. hope it bring positive effect.

4. ixory

ixory Regular Member

I believe KKK will be back to his real form and believe both of them will learn something from past.Rexy sure know how to handle them.But they can't rely on Rexy all the time.

5. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    then we can't see them performing in Indo Open :(

6. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    agree agree....self-grow is important too..:D

7. samhui1

samhui1 Regular Member

Businessman
    I think all are acting only...la. KKK/TBH cannot be losing to CTF/LWW...la.
    Maybe they want to increase or maintain their ranking in order for them (CTF/LWW) to qualify for the 2008 Olympic. KKK/TBH is playing the new generation tactics and the shutter speed are very much more faster than CTF/LWW, how can they (C/L) win? :confused:

8. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    hmm....arguable point there...but what about punishment from Rexy that possibly dropping them from playing in Indo Open? :confused:

9. tjl_vanguard

Student
    hey! keep it low... dun let anyone noe k... hahaha :D

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    ABC results don't count towards qualification for Beijing 2008.

11. tjl_vanguard

Student
    if not mistaken it starts from Singapore Open SS rite?? ABC is only for WC..

12. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    yes you're right....
    since the points to qualify for Olympics are so important, i doubtful Rexy will chop them off from Indo Open.

13. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    You should watch the video of the match before making comments like this. KKK was clowning around for the whole of game 1, and much of game 2 as well. The two of them (KKK/TBH) played their very efficient and coordinated attacking game only for the first few points of game 2, after that it was down hill all the way.

14. tjl_vanguard

Student
    he is just trying to be smart by doing fancy fancy shots which at last backfired and shot him back right at the chest n heart... :D *kabOOm*...

15. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Rexy's right to lay down the law. KKK is not serious and has little respect for his opponents once he won a few titles. Very unbecoming of a Malaysian champion:mad:. The smart thing for him to do is to win the bloody game!

#15 cappy75, Apr 18, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  16. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    woo! drama!!!

Well seems like Rexy is taking the stern approach...

Like they do in Jerry Seinfeld's sitcom...

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

17. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I support Rexy decision to punish him.He really perform badly in the ABC.Despite of all the comments that he is arrogant or not fit,he still play badly.So,i hope what they face in the ABC will become a lesson to them in the future.Rexy did this for they own good,if he not care about them,he will not be so angry.Hope they will take this as a lesson.

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think KKK is a bit of the playful type, unlike our strict coach Rexy. Although I think Rexy is right in reining in KKK, he must realise that it is not everyone's cup of tea to behave like him.

KKK must learn how to cope living in Rexy's shadow from now on. It may be hard but he must put on a serious face during training. He can still clown around when he is out of training.

For Rexy, he must learn to ease off a bit. He has got a terrific pair in KKK-TBH, the worst thing is to give them the jitters (be so afraid of him that they cannot think properly --- I think LCW is so timid, he started trying to live in Li Mao's shadow (pleasing Li Mao), and forgot all about the fact he is still his own boss (the decisions have to be made by him during the game).

Think about it.

#18 X Ball, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  19. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    the worst is....everyone walk their own way...then they all say bye bye to each other....:D

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Rexy knows what he's doing. Given KKK's recent conduct and general attitude, Rexy won't have done what he did if KKK's more serious. KKK is nothing comparing to Rexy, he'll remain in Rexy's 'shadow' if he keep up with this nonsense. If Malaysian fans want their favorites to win, they should back up the coach and let the pros do their jobs. You don't sayang them to victory:rolleyes:.

KKK's a pro, he should act like one.