Alpha Ghost 2 side support

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by sopofedupz, Apr 17, 2021.

1. sopofedupz

sopofedupz Regular Member

Student
    Hello all,

I have recently purchased an Alpha Ghost 2 and absolutely love the base and clamp. However, I have an issue, which I previously don't have with my Superstringer or even Pro's Pro. After I mount the racket on the alpha ghost 2 turntable, I was able to still move the mounted racket although all the supports were tightened. Please see youtube video for the issue.

I have checked with the seller and he mentioned it will stop moving (fully tightened) after 4 pulls. However, I was thinking with a much higher price point than my previous machines, I'd expect that the mounted racket would not move after supports are tightened. I'm wondering if any other stringer experiences the same issue so I can rest my case and be more at ease, not having to worry about racket going out of shape. Any help or insight is very much appreciated. Thank you!

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Some rotation is acceptable - the idea is not to compress the frame, but to keep it from expanding; your seller is right on the money.

One tip I can pass on it to check the 6 o'clock tightness after the first two pulls as there is often some slackness, especially with load spreaders. If the 6 support is no longer touching, bring it up to just touching and carry on.

s_mair and thyrif like this.
  3. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

Hmm, I personally dont think it is ok, I would tighten all supports a little more, and measure racket dimentions. Why? because now there is freeplay in all supports. You can tighten main supports after first pull, but side supports will only begin supporting racket aftet freeplay being covered.