All England final results

Discussion in 'All England 2003' started by double, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think older than Archer.

Although Julian R may form solid pairings (as Matt said), I suspect he may have past his peak in International stage.

Did he not reach no.2 in the world with Archer at one point (maybe back in '97)?
    But after that the pairing split. That may have somehting to do with Archer feeling it was difficult to move further up, hence the next partnership with Nathan R.

After all, Archer did go on to the WC s/f with Nathan. so that vindicates Archer somewhat.

2. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    hmmm, yes true - archer has been unlucky with injuries to his knee and back recently, i think nathan and simon were probably the best pairing england have had for a while. Don't get me wrong though - Nathan and Anthony are a good pair - i just feel they are missing something. It may be as simple as Archers presence on court - i have been close enough to a court with him on it to feel the pure agression he exudes. When he was partnering Chris Hunt at a Grand Slam about 4/5 years ago it was very difficult to call close lines with them because they were very aggresive towards the line judges on every call that was close. They were both very big guys. Now i feel that Nathan and Anthony don't quite have that. When Simon played with Nathan tho it was still there - they fueled each other and it made for spectacular smashing. Now that Nathan is at a peak it would have been interesting to see what an impact they could have made

ah well i can dream

Neil

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Who are Chan Wing Kit, Chan Yen Yen and Chung Hor Yoke?

They gave quite a good technical analysis as HK commentators for AE.

Not as good as Zhao Jian Hua or Poul Erik but very useful and educational.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Chan Yan Yan I think is a commentator from the TV station.

The other two are ex-HK players. Not completely sure but Chung Hoi Yuk may have been trained in Guang Dong provincal team. Chan Wing Kit does admin in HKBA as well as being in charge of coaching a team of junior players in HK. He's got excellent technique and explanation of very minor details is his strength.

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Thanks.