All England 2021 Draws

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by Cheung, Mar 11, 2021.

1. JBusnel

JBusnel Regular Member

Software Developer
    My bad I didn't check the other one, thanks !

2. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Why ? There is one court free for nearly everyone. With the other courts the local host like Badminton England can earn money . ;-)

3. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

I think he means something like in tennis, where you have TennisTV. you pay ~100 bucks per year and get very good coverage of nearly all tournaments and courts. I'd definitely pay for something like this. It's a pity it is not offered.

4. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Ah , ok I understand. So this would be nothing for me. Outside from corona I'm at five to eight tournaments a year and that's enough Badminton ;-) If there is a live coverage from All England over five days one court is also enough ... :)

5. Indo-d-best-of-best

Indo-d-best-of-best New Member

with all the bad decisions made by the organizer this year, ultimately leading to exclusion of the innocent Indonesia team and bad reputation to this badminton!!!!!! ,,,,could the all England be downgraded from it's 1000 series status??? And why not????? I could think of many other countries in Europe that is more deserving than England:mad::mad::mad::mad:

6. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Sorry, but I think the subject has been discussed enough. It is the decision of the health authorities, not Badminton England or BWF. BTW-

Badminton Indonesia in September 2020: "Unfortunately, we have to withdraw from the Thomas Cup and Uber Cup, as the rules and restrictions due to Covid are too strict. We cannot guarantee the safety of our players and therefore cannot compete in Denmark." (Denmark had very few corona cases at this point, a week later at the Denmark Open there was no positive test at the tournament!).

Badminton Indonesia in March 2021:"We don't know the rules and restrictions."
    (There are currently a lot of Covod cases and a dangerous Corona mutant in England).

So who is trampling on sporting fairness here?

decoy, CLELY, samkool and 1 other person like this.
  7. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

The reputation of England, the BWF, or badminton probably hasn't suffered half as much as that of Indonesia.

#107 Cunning Linguist, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    kaffars, decoy, SnowWhite and 7 others like this.
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That is why its even more so to bring to court of justice.

ok Poul Erik writes a letter on sunday to INA president.

any country that happened to be unfortunate , will be tarnished anyway. lest we know that nobody of the whole national team came 10 days earier anyway.

the NHS even said that its BWF that doesnt allow the INA players to play.

#108 Yoji, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  9. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Did NHS really said that? Where do you read it?

decoy likes this.
  10. RichF

RichF Regular Member

We all like a bit of spin in badminton but the amount of it in the soundbites etc. from various politicians and officials is rivaling the Sidek Serve!

samkool likes this.
  11. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Interesting!! Where do you read that? :)

I would really like to see the original statement.

decoy and RichF like this.
  12. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Yes, one of the things that's really not helping the situation is lots of un-sourced statements, it's fueling the fanatics/conspiracies and that's really not good for our sport.

Please include sources (links etc) when making these claims

13. jctai

jctai Regular Member

One thing I found most interesting is the players who gets to continue playing in the All England came out in flocks to stand with Indonesian players on social media, will never forfeit their place in the tournament to protest the fate of the Indonesians. I am sure that had BWF/NHS allowed the Indonesian team to continue participating in the tournament, some of the players would even protest that they have to play against players in risks of exposure (IF there were no conclusive negative results of C-19 test). The biggest reason for them to stand with Indonesians players is to avoid the cyberbullying of a bunch of enraged Indonesians.
    I'm not saying the players are doing anything wrong, just how a group of crazy people can distort how normal human being carry themselves.

SibugiChai likes this.
  14. RichF

RichF Regular Member

15. jctai

jctai Regular Member

16. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Well, yeah - personally I struggle to see who they 'should' be angry at. It looks like they've just been really unlucky but it could have been avoided if they'd arrived in the UK earlier.

I totally get why they're upset about missing the tournament but I don't get the obsession/anger with finding someone to blame.

decoy likes this.
  17. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I think it's absolutely fine that we don't get it. I can only equate their anger to football fans destroying properties because their team lost the title due to perceived unfair referee-ing. Personally, issuing death threats should be prosecutable offence no matter which country they reside in.

RichF likes this.
  18. Indo-d-best-of-best

Indo-d-best-of-best New Member

Firstly, Indonesia team arrived the same time as all other teams, the weekend before the tournament starts. Not one team arrive earlier than Indonesia. All members of team Indonesia tested negative before flight and on arrival. The only exception is a random non badminton related passenger on the flight is tested positive. And it miraculously get registered on the NHS test and trace system...

Secondly, everyone that live in uk know that the uk test and trace system is a failure and does not work. No one use it even people I know working in NHS thinks the trace app is a joke. Occasionally someone would get a call and told to go take a test but more than often people don't answer the phone, and the system does not go any further than that. So why the fail system single out Indonesia team who repeatedly tested negative.

https://news.sky.com/story/test-and...ousands-not-warned-of-infection-risk-12235392

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/test-and-trace-was-an-expensive-failure

https://www.ft.com/content/68c9bd78-0537-4b6f-9fdb-47f04fa2c30e

There are more of these where it come from, just Google uk test and trace, it is a £37billion failure, money ends up in cronies pocket

jctai likes this.
  19. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Did you wrote any letter of complaint to the British Embassy Jakarta? Your research would probably yield more result there than here.

20. RichF

RichF Regular Member

They all took a risk. Indonesia and Turkey (and any other passengers on that flight) were very unlucky.

Unfortunately irrelevant to the close contact scenario.

This does sound a bit paranoid?

"Single out" sounds like other teams had 'close contact' with positive cases but were not contacted, is that what happened?

decoy, Cunning Linguist and Woesi like this.