All England 2010 : the finals (Sunday, march 14th)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by Thom_bad, Mar 13, 2010.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Post-game waxing... OUCH! :D

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

OK, someone please upload the MD match too. Sounded like an instant classic. Feel soooooo good for the DEN Uncles. Many congrats

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Congrats to LCW, congrats to Ken Tago. I am downloading the match to watch; won't offer an opinion until I have.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Yeah, their mental fortitude and uncle experience really pulled them thru those few nail biter match points.:eek:

5. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    is the game over xd final

6. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    i saw the singles game really great

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well done to all AE finalist today, and our winners. great job guys for keeping us entertained !

8. ronk

ronk Regular Member

So two titles to Denmark, two to China, and one to Malaysia. The super seniors did it in spite of their ages. Good job grandpas. It gives me hope that the oldies are the goodies.

9. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I am happy that JR and LP won! Sweat in my hands!

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Yes, you are correct, my prediction was screwed and I am glad I was wrong...maybe I am playing reverse psychology;). BTW, my prediction is based on who I really think will win AE10, that is if I am betting on that player (LD) to win. My support is my hope that a MAS player will win. Those 2 are different.;)

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Who better to answer then: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41730

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Finally got to watch the LCW-Tago match. My first comment is: have you ever seen a match with so many net cords? The sick thing was the majority of them were planned that way.

Hats off to Ken Tago, whose net game today was outstanding. He goes cross court a lot on flat lifts and is light on his feet. He gave away several cheap points by dumping service returns into the net. A real no-no. LCW was also winning points by smashing at his right hip. Nice bit of homework by Misbun. Tago also played several nice lookaway shots but LCW was alert to them. Once Tago tightens his game a little he could be a very difficult opponent.

As for LCW, he overcame early jitters to overhaul Tago and managed to hold on. He is still prone to period of lapses where he plays lax shots instead of going for the jugular. That only exerts more pressure on himself. On a positive note, he was under unbelievable pressure as the overwhelming favourite and found a way to convert. This will be a boost to improving his strength. I hope he can store this experience somewhere and pull it out when he needs it again.

The controversial winning point has been discussed ad nauseum. Every champion needs a slice of luck to be one. Like they say, "it's good to be lucky and lucky to be good". All those who argued with calm and common sense, well done.

Overall I saw a LCW that did enough to win. I'm sure he doesn't care how he did it because he is finally an All England Champion.

Postscript: Commentary on GDTV...I wish those guys would have shut up and let us enjoy the match. Most annoying was during the presentation ceremony, when the announcements were being made, they kept rambling on incessantly. Not very professional at all.

#1233 madbad, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  13. joeyf

joeyf Regular Member

Singles/Doubles Player
    Wasn't bad at all to be fair, the first mixed doubles got the crowd growing. The men's singles was what everybody was waiting for, and you could tell by the applause. Tago did good, considering he's not seeded but Lee Chong Wei wasn't playing to his normal standard. Saw BOE and Carsten after the tournament finished while I was walking to the minibus :)

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Boe/Mogensen can't have been very happy. To be so close and not get your hands on the trophy must be killing them.

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

They should never interview LCW in English :p. Maybe use a translator. I lost count after 10 maybes.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I made a mistake when I wrote that Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen never won a Major title, when in fact they won the World Championships in 2003 :eek:

So, they have now added the All-England title to their collection, which truly make them a great pair and certainly the best MD pair DEN has ever produced in the past 20 years or so.

Congratulations!

17. joeyf

joeyf Regular Member

Singles/Doubles Player
    Yeah, I know. It was a good game though. I noticed they didn't have as many opportunities to smash and kept it more on the defensive side, I liked my front row seats :)

18. keenweisam

keenweisam Regular Member

I dont think that Boe/Mogensen should be too disappointed... they would also feel good for their fellow countrymen, and they probably would take comfort in knowing that they still have chances in the future, they are young, and full of potential. This would probably be more important (if that's possible) to laars and jonas.
    With the number of surprises this time round, I keenly look forward to next years AE to see if LYB changes tactic, or if the younger players become the new CY/FHF etc.
    All in all, an awesome tournament, certainly one of the highlights of the year.

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Oooooo, did you get some nice pics. Please post if you did

I'm still waiting for someone to upload the match (please, please). I can't wait to watch it.