Aeroplane

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Etoilebad, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Etoilebad

Etoilebad New Member

As I never saw them in europe, could you please share some insight on the blue / green / red and black label. Is it worth trying to import them ?

Thanks !

2. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

Black label Aeroplane EG1130's are my absolute top favorite, if not for their cost involved.

Strength wise, they are solid / heavy and take quite a bit of effort to punch around but I do like this trait in particular.
    Speed wise, they start out normal but tend to slow down quite drastically when worn (but remain intact unlike others).

Key construction points include:
    -All natural cork head ; unlike most other shuttles which use recycled cork / combination / artifical cork, the hitting feedback/feel is absolutely dreadful on the others
    -Durable as they come ; If you are a hard hitter, you can belt these around all day and feathers don't come loose from being punched around
    -Grade A Goose feathers do make a difference to say the usual Duck.

I'd post cross sectional pictures of the cork material I took a while back but I've lost them. Will reply to this post if I find t hem.

Etoilebad likes this.
  3. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

PS: If your not too fussed about the color of the shuttle, I found these to be a good, cheap substitute to the EG1130s.

At $14 a tube including delivery for grade A goose feathers, I am impressed by these Kun Li KL-08 :
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...raining-Super-durable/501689_32212897175.html

Cons:
    -Black color feathers (Doesn't bother me really but it bothers some)
    -Cork head material isn't 100% natural cork, its partly recycled cork and a little dull but not the worst i've tired unlike the deadful foam / plastics lol
    -Speed Ratings are a little higher than normal so I would suggest ordering the slowest speed possible, even if you live in cold climates (ie speed 75 or lower recommended) ; I tried speed 76, they flew like 81s, so now im trying 75's.

Pros:
    -Very very very very, very durable, almost on par with the aeroplane EG1130s ; a shuttle lasts an average of 1-1.5 sets when hard hitters are involved; typical shuttles last an average of 3-5 heavy hits before falling apart in pieces or wobbling during flight..

All in all a product i'd gladly rebuy.

s_mair likes this.
  4. realbacon

realbacon Regular Member

When I used to use them aeroplane shuttles were quite good! Most of the time I was using the black label or the red label, and they were durable and flew well :) These days, I haven't seen anyone use aeroplane for a while, since the price is more expensive than before. Used to be ~20USD/12pcs.

If you are able to get them for a good price, aeroplane would be a good buy. Not sure what other options you have available to you; are your current shuttle options not very good/too expensive?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Agreed. When I used to use aeroplane (didn't really matter what colour) as a kid, it was fantastic. Pretty much no shuttle in the exact same price bracket could compare in terms of value for money.

It's a shame now that aeroplane has come back and has pretty much turned out **** for shuttles. Black EG1130 doesn't even last much longer than AS30. That's saying a lot.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Etoilebad likes this.
  6. Etoilebad

Etoilebad New Member

I own a shop in europe and I'm looking for alternative to biggest brands which have a lot of intermediary (and so are expensive). I'd like to offer either a cheap and durable shuttlecock or a good one reasonably priced

7. khoai

khoai Regular Member

EG1130 does not have full cork head and it deforms badly with hard smashes. You can find that info on this forum. There's another version EG1130-LE (limited edition) with full cork but it's $3-4 more expensive. In general, I agree Aeroplane has durable feather but slow and slow down very quickly after a couple of hard smashes. All in all, it's ok for singles games and elderly people in our club loves it because they don't smash very often and it lasts for a while.

8. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

Not sure about that as I sliced the cork material in half myself and witnessed it with my own two eyes. Similar comparison procedures were repeated with other shuttles from different brands. It's difficult to find a shuttle construction of both quality materials and workmanship. A good example being Lenwave shuttles which have a similiar natural cork head and goose feathers. In actual play, these Lenwaves start dropping feathers and wobbling with each hard hit, their not even worth their weight as a warm up shuttle for that matter (no mis-hits involved). Aeroplane EG1130's on the other hand last a full set on average and thereafter, still make excellent warm up shuttles.

As for the comment on elderly people; I don't think their suited for them as these are heavy, solid shuttles. To illustrate this point, backhand clears and high lifts:
    -Aeroplane EG1130's - I can't do a backhand cross clears easily with these. 1st baseline with perfect form or 3/4 court otherwise
    -Other Shuttles - No sweat, very easily able to hit them out if I use full force and perfect form.
    Most players often complain and dislike these EG1130s for that reason.

IMHO, the aeroplane EG1130's are a favorite choice among hard hitters. Personally, everything else feels flimsy or void of impact feedback to me, i'd stick with these for the rest of my life if a) I had the funds and b) if I had the choice. :D

Etoilebad likes this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Couldn't resist and ordered 2 tubes of the KL-08 (currently on sale for around 9,- EUR per tube). First of all, I really like the look of those black feathers (but I bet that some of my club mates will hate it...) and second, I'm looking for cheap and maximum durable training shuttles for ages. And if they are as durable as you say, this could be interesting.

pepe54 likes this.
  10. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing; let me know what you think of them and we can compare notes! Mine got sent in a nice rectangle box, protective packaging seems to work unlike other suppliers who bubblewrap tubes and they end up crushed and mangled on my end :(

In general, I do find these KL-08's quite light and easy to hit compared to the Aeroplane EG1130s and they lack the hitting feedback of natural cork but can't complain much at $14 a tube and their durable as they come when fresh.

In terms of actual match dynamics, KL-08's are easy to kill (heavy smash) from being fast, EG1130's are much slower and winning a point by the same delivery mechanism is harder (albeit impossible unless you are a Fu Hai Feng).

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I've never played with EG1130s since they are not available around here. I normally use Li-Ning A300 shuttles which are great, but sometimes I just don't want to waste those premium shuttles for example in training matches with the club youth. And for these occasions, I would be fine with shuttles that have an "okay" in flight and consistency as long as they are really durable. I will keep you updated.

12. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    some bro at one of the gyms i play at has these, they are very slow but extremely durable. it's great because when i play with him we use them to warm up but not for games.

pepe54 likes this.
  13. 05011995

05011995 New Member

Hello everybody, and especially Etoilebad for this topic.

First, you can find on this link a review about Aeroplane shuttles : http://reviewonaeroplaneshuttles.blogspot.be/

Personally, I import shuttles and i am not totally in aggreement with this about blue label... I tried all the Aeroplanes... :
    *Blue label : Really good for training and small competition (local level), especially for the price (+-15-16 euros/dzn). It's just less good than AS20. But the quality of the flight and the feeling of touch are impressive.

*Green label : Boxes are red^^. But It's between AS20 and AS30 (more AS20). It's approximately 18-19 euros/dzn. The quality is better and feathers are more solid. No problem to play in competition with that.

About other levels of Aeroplane, the review have good comments.

The problem is : Where to buy these shuttles ?? Good question ahah^^ because nobody sells that... I just find this : https://www.2ememain.be/sports-fitn.../volants-plume-d-oie-badminton-398607696.html
    Maybe they have green, red and black label... ?

Good luck !

Etoilebad likes this.
  14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Someone needs to compare the flight path of aeroplanes vs other shuttles (AS50, LN A+300, other BWF shuttles). I think the aeroplanes don't have the same flight path and in fact they slow down more drastically than the other shuttles. We always use aeroplane blacks but I'm finding that I don't want to use them anymore because it totally throws my timing off when a different shuttle has a faster flight path.

15. Orbughlu

Orbughlu New Member

16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

50 corresponds to 77 but from personal experience, it's more like 76. I recommend at least speed 51 for average temperatures.