Aerobite: worst string to string?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Alex82, May 2, 2022.

1. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    First of all: I don't like the string anymore :)

Issue 1: Main string slips through the clamps
    Does anyone else have problems with the Aerobite which slips through the clamps? The main string is 0.68 mm thick and I have to tighten the clamp just as tight as with the cross string with 0.61 mm (or as the Exbolt with 0,63 mm). Also with not so high tensions.
    The Aerobite is the only string with which this happens. Any other string over 0.63 mm I don't have to clamp as tightly as the Aerobite...
    The Aerobite Boost does not have this problem. I can adjust the clamps looser like the BG65.
    Perhaps this happens because the string is very soft.

Issue 2: The cross string twist very easily
    Especially on shared or covered grommets. You always have to pull the string through one side before you pull the string through the other side. This takes time and there is no flow while stringing the crosses.

2. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Yup, it's quite the pain! AB boost is perhaps even harder, because the mains are so big and block every hole.

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First of all: This is my personal nemesis as well. If forces me to move away from my usual 1-piece to begin with. :)

Hm, I can't confirm this tbh. I have the clamps set up just like with a BG80 for example and so far never noticed any slippage.

This. So this. The thing twists like a bunch of mating rattlesnakes.

kakinami likes this.
  4. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

I have never tried Aerobite, but the issue#2 reminds me the Carlton Xelerate 67's same issue for the crosses.

5. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

You hate it, I love it! If it is more difficult,it is more fun.

As for the twisting, I have the same problem, if I feel it is going to twist I will just pull the cross through the grommet first then weave, this way my cross doesn't get really twisted when I pull it.

I don't find too much trouble with clamping and slipping, maybe if I string BG65Ti then Aerobite at a higher tension, I might have to adjust my clamps especially ES5 Pro, Protech 8 clamps are pretty good. I do tend to tighten a hair on my aerosonic whenever I use it.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

6. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    That is the reason why I love to string Squash rackets.
    But this is different. I don't find it difficult to string the Aerobites, it's just very tedious.
    It's the same as stringing tennis strings with sharp edges. Not difficult, but annoying.

Yes, I do the same.

Strange. I don't have to tighten the Aerobite as much on the ES5Protech as on the PT8DX.
    The coatings of the PT8DX clamps are different than on the ES5Protech. Maybe the Aerobite doesn't like the coating of the PT8DX :)

Do you know if the coatings of the PT8 and PT8DX are the same?
    I know something was changed with the clamps, but if they did something with the coating I don't know.

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/yonex-protech-8-deluxe.167634/
    [​IMG]
    Apart from the fact that it is now black, I think it is a different coating.