Adidas CHINA Masters SS 2013 : Qualification to FINAL (10th-15th September 2013)

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei / China Open 2013' started by CLELY, Sep 9, 2013.

1. EvenBetter

EvenBetter Regular Member

he does not make it.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TD="align: right"]Dong Keun Lee[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD]Boonsak Ponsana [3][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]21-11 21-19[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

3. EvenBetter

EvenBetter Regular Member

Wang Xin won the match already. Just take 35min

4. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

LXR took 1st game 21:18 but she look so tried and slowly.:(
    Hope she survive today.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I mean, let's face it, if any of these players incur injury, we can only pay them lip service for their pains and losses. Amateur and professional badminton aren't the same, whether in competition or training as the expectations,pressures and demands vary.

Honestly, I've to admit the situation in this case is different, justifiably so; I empathize with them and offer my sympathetic understanding for the stresses and strains, both pysically and mentally they are subjected to. Bear in mind, after the long,intense 9/10/11 days of CNG competition, they've to come here immediately without break, no rest day nor acclimatization, and, worse, next week, most of them have another top-notch tournament, the JPN Open SS, to play in. How are they expected to perform normally up to their level under such unusual circumstances?

The spectators pay money to be entertained but, I believe, they also don't wish to see them under-perform due to fatigue or, worse still, injure themselves. Spectators and viewers have their rights , so do the athletes. If the professional players don't know how to take good care of themselves and risk cutting short their careers, everybody loses in the end. If the player(s) is not in good shape nor right frame of mind, why force them? We can only criticize them if they show bad attitude during training and on court, not otherwise.

There is a reasonable limit for everything, going into extremes will only hurt one another. Look at the big picture, spare a thought for everyone, strike the right balance, be fair,objective,impartial in our views for the ultimate good and happy ending. I'm sure the fans care enough for their idols to want what's best for them and for themselves, if they aren't fanatical.

When it comes to the tournament schedule, do the contestants really have a say? I feel this is more the roles and responsibilities of the organizers, the BAs and the BWF to do the right thing and work things out for the betterment of the sport as a whole. My 2cents.:)

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LXR won.
    A higher ranked player could have beaten her today.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Exactly, the Chinese National Games is very important to them, it's regarded as China's Olympic Games.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Don't forget, Adidas is the new sponsor and CBA as well as the CM organizer have to play their part and fulfill their obligations to them. As for other international players choosing to skip the tournament for whatever reasons, it's not CBA's fault. Wonder how Adidas will take it.

9. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

I think so.
    May be tomorrow she will rest because I think Sun yu may be withdraw.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not sure whether LXR is doing the right thing though I admire and worry for her at the same time. Should she enter the final here, what about next week?

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    That's the luxury of being seeded no. 1.
    You are not drawn to face tough competition in the earlier rounds and if she gets a walkover from her countrywoman, all the better for her.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I understood why CNG is more important to chinese players.. But CBA could have done better by postponing the dates of China Masters as BWF does not have hands in the CNG.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The hall sound so empty. Is that MK's shouting?

14. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

I think it's not always ideal in case of some tournaments; Top seeds are expected to show up, out of contractual obligations or out of courtesy to the fans or respect to their organizers; on the other hand, it's nothing new for them to walkover or lose to lower seeds (or make it look like they tried ;)), it gives budding players a chance to shine and prove their worth... they can't always be the ones hogging the limited (national/association) funding, the others need a chance to go up in the rankings and be allowed to travel to more games or eligible for international tourneys etc...

15. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

CBA can't postpoing the dates... BWF could't allow it

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    If i am not wrong then who allowed postponing some of the matches to tomorrow when BWF can't allow it (i heard some of them saying that Li Yongbo ordered to postpone it).

BWF does not care about each and every country's NG. This is the country's duty to schedule their national games according to international calender. Since CNG is scheduled every 4 years, then CBA could have pulled the badminton games of CNG to certain earlier dates and then there would not be any clash between their CNG and BWF tournaments.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sun Yu has a bye today and she didn't withdraw, why would she withdraw tomorrow when she has a fair chance of beating LXR? If you think it's because she's waiting to see if LXR might lose to Bella, then I fail to understand why WYH and WSX both conceded walkovers to foreigners today.

18. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

you got the point and I have no idea either
    why don't we ask Li Yongbo? :D

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A bit insane, LXR actually trounced Bella 21-8 in G2 to close out the match. Maybe she is on a high after her spectacular two-gold achievement at the CNG but she had better go easy on herself.

Anyway, LYB said he didn't set any target, not even one gold, only asking his charges to do what they can and urge them to avoid injuries at all cost. I believe Adidas is keen to enter the China market, not just for badminton,so I guess CBA/LYB have no choice but to ensure the tournament goes on with minimum setbacks for the sponsor.

I won't be surprised CHN ends this tournament empty-handed.

20. sophony

sophony Regular Member

After Wang Yihan withdraw, China SS has only world no.1 LXR left.

No Ratchanok (2), Schenk (3), Saina (4), and Yihan (5) present in this tournament. A bit surprise considering this is SS tournament.