Adidas Badminton racquets 2018

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ditbayki, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I thought the trend would be white with extra white and more white on top. Like the new Apple credit card and new Li Ning Tectonic.
    Their crazy palette will probably scare some buyers.

speCulatius likes this.
  2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

While the test rackets all came unstrung, the newly ordered F1, P2 and A09.1 came strung.

The Spieler A09.1 has a string without any writing on it, while the F1 and P2 came with Adidas Power Balance 69 (like mentioned before) at a rather low tension. To my eye, the string on the Spieler looks very slightly thicker.
    The F1 has the mains tied off at the top, like Babolat rackets with 20 main strings which I think I prefer offer the pattern shown in the little booklet.

Power Balance 69 at a tension sightly below 10kp is not the worst choice for many, still, I'd prefer it if they came unstrung. It's also funny that they're using a string from the first time Adidas tried to enter the badminton market.

If anybody is interested, the quality of the racket covers seems to be very good. It looks like all rackets of one series come with the same cover.
    The Überschall cover has a glossy surface and seems to be the toughest. It's also the heaviest by far.
    The Wucht Cover is much lighter with all the pros and cons of that
    The Spieler A09.1 doesn't come with a racket cover, but with a thinner sleeve. It's so green you will see it if anybody has it.
    PICT_20191202_001537.JPG
    Wucht Cover ist the top one, Überschall the bottom one... and maybe somebody can find the green sleeve.

3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Can anyone advise of Adidas rackets similar to Js10/Js12 4u?
    From looking through the thread I'm thinking of Kalkul A2 due to quick frame, balance, stiffness etc. Are there any others to consider?

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

In the Kalkul range, I would've thought the A3 to JS10 and A5 to JS12, but I've only used the A5. (I have used JS10 and JS12 before)

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Dave1011 likes this.
  5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Great thanks, I think the A5 will be slightly heavy for me, I mostly use 4u now

6. speCulatius

The A5 comes in 4U and 4U only.

I have neither played with the JS12, nor the JS10, so I cannot advise on anything. All the Kalkül are between 82 and 85g and so far I feel like most of the Adidas rackets are on the lighter side of their accepted weight range for each racket. If you didn't look at the catalogue [newer one here] yet, maybe it helps...
    PSX_20191204_232711.jpg

LenaicM and Dave1011 like this.
  7. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Oh...hello Kalkül A2 specs!:)

8. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

Uhh??? Maybe I take that back...how can they rate A1 as Medium Flex with 8.5-9.0 and A3 as Stiff with 7.9-8.2 when A5/A2 is Medium Stiff with 8.0-8.5?? Makes no sense to themselves!

#168 Super85, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  9. speCulatius

It's not like they're mentioned for the first time...
    It does make sense. I assume that the numbers represent a reading of deformation (bending) in mm due to a certain force. It's everything 7.5 and 9.5 (all their rackets), so a few tenth of variation does make a difference. The F1 is flexy as... I don't know, while the A3 feels rather stiff. At least they show some numbers and tell some specs that seem to be consistent. That's more than we know from other brands.

10. speCulatius

I just had another look and the F2 has the same stiffness rating as the A2 and there's a big difference between the F2 and A3 in stiffness. Not completely comparable due to the different head weight, but those 1/10 to 3/10 seem to make a real difference.
    I remember s_mair telling me that the A2 was just too light for him (and I think he did play the JS10 before), but maybe just have a look at his review (where I quoted the specs from).

Weight wise, somebody who is paying an AS11 is now thinking about getting a lighter racket after trying and liking the A3.

11. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Thanks for the info, I saw it as 3u online but must be a mistake

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

A2 is indeed very, very light. I didn’t manage to generate any acceptable power level with it. The upside clearly being that it’s super fast. Maybe @DuckFeet can add some more information and comparisons with the A5 and A3 (I think he has already done so but I can’t find the post...).

13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

s_mair likes this.
  14. speCulatius

We didn't have that conversation here, but I did talk to s_mair about why they didn't bring the P6 to Europe/maybe even discard it completely.
    This is probably the answer. With that head weight, they have at least the P2 and F2, and maybe some other rackets I didn't get to try yet. Both of them probably not too far from the P6 flexibility wise...

15. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

my F5's all ready:
    IMG_20191210_153318.jpg
    the thinest of all :) lets see

Dave1011 and s_mair like this.
  16. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

How does the speed, balance and stiffness compare to js10/js12? I've seen conflicting information between the catalogue and online store specs.

17. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

so wet weight with my setup (some cushion wrap and rkep 08 grip) is 88g. Was hoping to be 1g more, but aerosonics actually could contribute to that, head weight is 40g, so it is more like 4u attacking racket, but dry swing speed is phenomenal, much faster than anything I tried, since profile is so thin (notably thinner than nanoflare 800) and edgy in most of the places (some places are oval, lower and top parts), handle is really short, top string is even higher than gravitas 8.0 (which has the most compact head) so sweet spot should be very big since frame itself is normal size, but considering how thin it is string bed is even bigger than other normal size rackets. Stiffness wise is feels stiff, but not as stiff as JS10. will have two sessions today, cant wait to see how all these attributes perform.

p.s. decalls, paint job, presentation and packaging are the best as well :)

Dave1011 likes this.
  18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

It sounds like a great racket!
    I may have to try one.

19. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

had one training session of multi feeding with really shitty feathers so it is a bit hard to say about the control, but the reaction/speed and power combination is something :) It plays more like 4u racket (with medium stiff feel) so there is really lots of room for adding 1g-2g of lead tape, but with such power I do not think that I will need it.

20. Islubio

Islubio Regular Member

Mind sharing where did u get them from?

Having just gotten the gravitas 7.0 and really liking them, but it's just a tad HH and hoping for something with more speed. Weight of the 7.0 seems to be at the top of the head.

Really like my 2 nanoflare 800 4u, had the 3u and they are a little too heavy, therfore am hoping the f5 would be good